Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Rome EDITION - Rome, Italy [MASTER THREAD]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:07 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

I was prowling through Marriott's Hotel Development pages and saw an update to the development overview documents for most brands in August/September [last update was in May]. EDITION was part of the updates and their development pipeline had a new property in Rome listed for 2019. A little more scouring online turned the following up from an engineer's LinkedIn profile:

"Hotel Edition - Committente: San Basilio Property S.p.A./Cale-Street Partners LLP
Starting May 2018

Monitoraggio tecnico-economico nella fase realizzativa di un Hotel a 5 stelle lusso da 100 camere (8.000 mq) sito in Via di San Basilio 45 - Roma la cui gestione sarŕ affidata a una prestigiosa catena alberghiera internazionale." (Translation: Technical-economic monitoring in the implementation phase of a 5-star luxury hotel with 100 rooms (8,000 sqm) located in Via di San Basilio 45 - Rome, which will be managed by a prestigious international hotel chain.)

Two years or so ago, somebody started a thread about a new W Rome opening at the same location at Via di San Basilio 45 in the former PNB Building. I passed by the site in February 2017 and saw a crane but not much other work on site, so I assumed a delay before all W-related material around the project evaporated later that year so I thought the project died. Now, it turns out that Marriott is re-jiggering it as the site of their new, 100-room EDITION and we'll see it next year [delays notwithstanding], with a new W at Via Liguria 26 & 36 in 2021.

khabah
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Screen grab from Marriott's 2019 Security Analyst conference with two renderings of the hotel; seems the entrance will be off Via di San Basilio on Salita di San Nicolo da Tolentino. Room looks like your standard EDITION fare; according to this link, Studio Urquiola is behind the design and the hotel will have 95 rooms.

Still on track for a 2019 opening.

khabah

Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Great research Kahbah, where is Marriott Development page? I find all of these things really interesting!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Great research Kahbah, where is Marriott Development page? I find all of these things really interesting!
Marriott's development page is available at this link; breakdowns by brand with number of current/pipeline properties/rooms and download-able two-pagers are available at this link. If you ask me, Marriott is exceptionally stingy at providing detailed information about their brands; if you look at other companies such as Accor, Hilton and Hyatt, they all provide detailed presentation decks, images, design standards, numbers and other collateral. Frustrating when you're as hungry for this kind of information as I am.

khabah
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
The Coming Soon page for Edition shows this one coming in 2020 now. So expect 2020 or 2021.

https://www.editionhotels.com/coming-soon/
Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: SK Gold
I walked by 2 weeks ago. It was a Sunday, so a bit difficult to tell whether any work is being done right now or not.

Old Jun 21, 2020, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that update! Yikes, this doesn’t look promising - given the pandemic and its effects on the globe and Italy in particular, I wouldn’t expect this to be done before 2021 at the earliest.

khabah
Old Jun 21, 2020, 9:00 am

I like the location of this hotel,(love the via Veneto- Villa Borghese area) I hope that they re-start construction on this project soon. I can see this being my "Go To" property in Rome in the future.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:09 pm

anyone hear updated opening date on this property?
Old Jul 19, 2021, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by person2898
anyone hear updated opening date on this property?
The opening is still listed as "late 2021", but I haven't come across any construction updates in the recent term that could bear testament to this being the case or not. The nearby W lists a September opening but rooms are only available from November, so I'd expect this one to show up around November/December, if not early next year.

khabah
Old Dec 20, 2022, 10:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Finally almost open?!

Have a trip to Italy coming up in late March, starting in Rome. Looking at my Marriott options and see The Rome EDITION appears in the search results with a "Feb 2023" planned opening date. Although the property still is not accepting any reservations for any date. Either Marriott is being very cautious or opening will slip some more to later in the spring or summer. Doesn't seem to be much information out on the interwebs. Will keep an eye out for news...
Old Jan 5, 2023, 6:30 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Hotel seems to be accepting reservations starting May 1. Cash only for now though.
nexus7556 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2023, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Tajador
Hotel seems to be accepting reservations starting May 1. Cash only for now though.
Depending on the date, the rates are all over the place.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:07 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Booked here for middle of May. Fingers crossed. Booked St. Regis as a backup plan.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 1:09 pm

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Yikes, the points redemption is 100k-120k per night. Even the St. Regis has cheaper redemption rates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.