Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How in the heck do you sort by PRICE on Marriott website??

Old Oct 6, 18, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, SPG-Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

I have given up as this is the third time I have booked on the website without being able to figure it out.

Anyone know? The option isn't in filters or sorts believe it or not, perhaps you noticed this as well?
Old Oct 6, 18, 11:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by schley View Post
I have given up as this is the third time I have booked on the website without being able to figure it out.

Anyone know? The option isn't in filters or sorts believe it or not, perhaps you noticed this as well?
Great timing for this question

Tried booking a room in NYC and of course a ton of properties are shown but no sort by price which is my #1 filter preference
It is a ROYAL PITA to not have this sort
Old Oct 6, 18, 12:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Silver, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, SIXT Platinum, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Agree that this should be on the website, but as a workaround the app can sort on price.
Old Oct 6, 18, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by raunow View Post
Agree that this should be on the website, but as a workaround the app can sort on price.
It can? I'll have to give that a shot, thanks! I decided against booking a Marriott hotel on my next trip because there website has been so wonky lately. Do they really think people are willing to go through multiple pages of "unavailable" hotels, just to find a single one?
Old Oct 6, 18, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC E75K 2MM former 14-year SE; UA MP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Troll alert: Starwood website could sort by price.

Old Oct 6, 18, 4:57 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
What I want to know is how to tell the room type of a reservation from within the homepage?
Old Oct 6, 18, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA Exp / Marriott Platinum / MLife Gold / Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by schley View Post

lol i use hotels.com to search and book it on Marriott. bleh
Old Oct 6, 18, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM, AS MVPG 75K, MR-LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Zelucifer View Post
It can? I'll have to give that a shot, thanks! I decided against booking a Marriott hotel on my next trip because there website has been so wonky lately. Do they really think people are willing to go through multiple pages of "unavailable" hotels, just to find a single one?
My bold.
+1.
Marriott lost 9 nights to Hilton!
The web site is a disgrace!
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Oct 6, 18, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, AA EXP, SPG P100, Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
Work around!

You can sort by price, just requires better IT skills! From another thread:

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan View Post

Search for your hotels like normal. When you would normally click sort by price, paste this URL into the address window:
https://www.marriott.com/search/filt....mi?sort=price

Or you could search by brand, and then change the word brand to price in the address bar. Works great!
Absolute likes this.
Old Oct 30, 18, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Accor Platinum....(Former IHG Rewards/Priority Club - quit after 13 years loyalty)
It's crazy that they still haven't added this very basic and simple option on the dropdown menu on the official website.
Every hotel chain and hotel booking website has an option to view results in order of price.

Yes, I know the url workaround for the marriott website and I'm smart enough to use it...but the fact that this is still an issue makes it feels like its amateur hour over at Marriott.

Sort it out you lazy slackers.
Old Oct 30, 18, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by est-gratuite View Post
It's crazy that they still haven't added this very basic and simple option on the dropdown menu on the official website.
Every hotel chain and hotel booking website has an option to view results in order of price.

Yes, I know the url workaround for the marriott website and I'm smart enough to use it...but the fact that this is still an issue makes it feels like its amateur hour over at Marriott.

Sort it out you lazy slackers.
My bet is that it is not unintentional. Or, at least, for the people that are responsible for Marriott digital, it is not unintentional.

My bet is that one of the KPIs/goals of the digital storefront product manager is to increase average revenue per room booked on the site (basically it's the whole reason they channel you to marriott.com rather than third parties - more revenue per booking and fewer third party fee payments). Making it hard to sort by price is a great way to do this: price sensitive customers say "screw it" and look elsewhere where they can easily sort by price. I'm sure some quick A/B testing led them to the conclusion that sorting by price reduced average revenue per booking and as such removed the button. The fact that the "sort" functionality does work but is not present on the UI supports this hypothesis.

The fact that it is leading to less bookings is irrelevant because either (a) it is not enough of a drop, (b) they blame it on the merger, (c) it is not measured as a KPI or not as measured as closely.
Old Oct 30, 18, 1:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond & Accor Platinum....(Former IHG Rewards/Priority Club - quit after 13 years loyalty)
Originally Posted by ethernal View Post

...price sensitive customers say "screw it" and look elsewhere where they can easily sort by price.

Yup....that's what I do.
Old Oct 30, 18, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1KMM, Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ethernal View Post
My bet is that it is not unintentional. Or, at least, for the people that are responsible for Marriott digital, it is not unintentional.
It's pretty clear that consumer obfuscation is the goal of the New Marriott...standard oligopolist behavior