Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Can anyone confirm if taking the upgrade offer resets the anniversary year? I have an offer for one free night, but my annual fee is due in September so I am there thinking I am best to wait to take the offer after I get my 25k night in September.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by rcurry01
Can anyone confirm if taking the upgrade offer resets the anniversary year? I have an offer for one free night, but my annual fee is due in September so I am there thinking I am best to wait to take the offer after I get my 25k night in September.
I upgraded and my anniversary date didn't change. The annual fee date changed though.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by LF72
I upgraded and my anniversary date didn't change. The annual fee date changed though.
So if I upgrade now, I will get a 35k night now and another 35k night in September?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Is the one night per $3,000 spent on the Premier Visa Credit Card capped at all? Just curious - I've had ten nights (plus the 15 for having the card) post so far, and am waiting for the next to show up on my counter. This would be my eleventh bonus night (or 26th depending how you count) this year, and I expect to get one more before switching spending to another card.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by dwcatty
Is the one night per $3,000 spent on the Premier Visa Credit Card capped at all?
No, there is no cap.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 11:45 pm

So if I upgrade now, I will get a 35k night now and another 35k night in September?
Not sure. Don't believe so.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, Bonvoy LT Plat, TSA vilifier extraordinaire, Once upon a time... US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by dgreen12
No, there is no cap.
Thanks. Like many FTers I was impatient. Two additional nights posted overnight. ^
dgreen12 and C17PSGR like this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:35 am

From my offer:
" Please note that completing this product change may result in a change to the month you receive your annual Marriott Free Night Award E-Certificate. "
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
From my offer:
" Please note that completing this product change may result in a change to the month you receive your annual Marriott Free Night Award E-Certificate. "
Interesting. Guess the key word is 'may.'
Old Aug 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

Interesting. Guess the key word is 'may.'
I think so. I wouldn't rely on it not changing. Might work out, and there are people for whom it has, but Chase has given itself an out.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 4:59 pm

That’s the problem with this whole thing: The language is exceedingly vague. No one really seems to know what will happen. The offer could either be worth an additional second night or essentially an upgrade from a 25k to 35k for the annual free night. Why can’t they just be clear? Why does the card holder need to gamble?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by marion10
I have the old Classic Marriott VISA- $85 a year and a category 4 cert. Got an upgrade offer for the new card - with two category 5 certs for $85. Worth it?
My husband just did this a got the two nights. Made a reservation this morning and was not given the option to use the certificates. Just did a chat and was told the certificates were different from the other ones and he needed to call in to get them attached. I don't know why they would make them more difficult to use. Going to have him call tonight.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:57 am

Have anybody’s nights posted from their August spend?

mine usually post around the 9th and nothing yet in my account.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
Have anybodys nights posted from their August spend?.
Yes. Mine posted at their normal 6th of the month timeframe.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
Yes. Mine posted at their normal 6th of the month timeframe.
Hmm.

Do you know who to call to ask about it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.