Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Old May 11, 2019, 10:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stc
I have 21 Credit Card nights this year. So, at least some of those had to come from 1 per $3k spend.
Have any of them posted in April or May? Because that's what's being discussed both here and in the other thread, where multiple people are reporting delays.
Old May 11, 2019, 10:28 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
Have any of them posted in April or May? Because that's what's being discussed both here and in the other thread, where multiple people are reporting delays.
Sorry I don't track those nights that closely. I guess I could go back and try to restore my Excel spreadsheet from April 1 but I'm probably not gonna have time to do that.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:50 pm

ive seen them post anywhere from around the 9th of the month right up to the 13th or 14th and i dont think i have ever seen them post on weekends so there is really nothing to worry about...yet.
aaupgrade likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:10 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by swintec
ive seen them post anywhere from around the 9th of the month right up to the 13th or 14th and i dont think i have ever seen them post on weekends so there is really nothing to worry about...yet.
I think people are trying to figure out if there's a problem, as the credits do not seem to be posting timely. You may not have heard, but Marriott IT has had an issue or two since last August.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I think people are trying to figure out if there's a problem, as the credits do not seem to be posting timely.
But they have always posted at this time of the month (this date range, about the 9th through the 15th), i dont believe ever over the weekend (but i could be wrong). Some made posts about it starting a couple of days ago which was before they would ever post anyways so it is premature to start worrying. i mean, i suppose we could start wondering where our June through December nights are if we want to get a jump on things?
Old May 11, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
My nights for January and February spend posted in Mid March. Since then, nothing. No posting yet for March or April statements. Also no notification that the program has changed so where are my night credits??
Old May 11, 2019, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Aloha1
No posting yet for March or April statements.
I have received mine each and every month on schedule, that is all I can say. How many are you expecting?

In regards to the quoted part of your post above, you may already know this but just in case, the nights are not strictly generated off of your statement. It is based on spend from the 1st of the month to the last of the month for any given month so it sort of runs "independently" of your statement. Even worse, ive had charges / elite night earning that spill over to the next month simply because they did not post by the 30th/31st. ive found that if you login to your chase account and then click to download your account activity and then download by specific dates, and then select the 1st to the 30th/31st, total it up and divide by $3k, that is a pretty good indicator for what you will be awarded in elite credits come mid month.
stc and C17PSGR like this.
Old May 12, 2019, 7:32 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Aloha1
My nights for January and February spend posted in Mid March. Since then, nothing. No posting yet for March or April statements. Also no notification that the program has changed so where are my night credits??
On 3/29 I had 19 Credit Card nights. I have 21 Credit nights now.
Old May 12, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Well, I've had no postings for the points earned on my March and April statements .At least the March should have posted in April. In total I'm owed 12 elite night credits. I'll see if they post by 5/31 and if not where should I call, Chase or Marriott?
Old May 12, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
I suppose I have a different issue. My nights have been posting appropriately and I received one night added in sometime during April because of the credit card.

On the other hand, I only use the card for Marriott spend and have spent slightly over $10,000 on the card from January 1 through March 31 but have been credited with 4 nights.so far this year. So, I think I'm ahead of where I should be on night credits from Chase!!!

Also, Marriott enrolled me in the double night promotion so I'll be at 100 nights at least by the end of June. As such, the elite nights per $3,000 won't have any value this year although I still want to keep the card. I might get one of the Amex ones to use for the rest of the year since they have 6X points.
Old May 13, 2019, 1:58 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Time to worry?
Old May 13, 2019, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by damon88

Time to worry?
I might start to wonder come tomorrow morning, the 14th.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:43 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
I might start to wonder come tomorrow morning, the 14th.
Especially since the Twitter team is quoting 8 weeks after statement (which we all know was never the case in the past)
Old May 13, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by damon88
Especially since the Twitter team is quoting 8 weeks after statement (which we all know was never the case in the past)
That could just be Marriott cs making stuff up. We've certainly seen plenty of that.

Mine have not posted.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:40 am

So can we all agree now that there's a problem with elite nights posting from March/April spend?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.