Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by swintec
just a reminder, CC nights from the prior month (NOT statement period, actual month, 1st to the 30th or 31st) post around the 10th of each month, could be the 9th or 10th or 11th etc but it is always around the 10th.
Good to know, it just posted.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Deleted

Last edited by RobUAIntl; Aug 11, 2018 at 8:23 pm
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
The bloggers are all reporting that the new sign-up bonus restrictions limiting bonus cross Amex and Chase start Aug 26. However, I just went to apply for a Marriott Biz Card and it clearly states that bonus is not available if you have any of the three Starwood Credit Cards (Luxury, Personal, or Business). Did Chase move up the date of these new restrictions or what? Seems like a big bummer.
Personally, i would believe what is on the actual applications with marriott and their related partners as that would seem definitive versus what a bunch of blogger blowhards can throw together to get views and payouts.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:06 pm

Sharing my experience with upgrading the Premiere card to Premiere plus. I called Chase a month ago to upgrade my card and the rep told me I would receive 10k points after 1 purchase, a 25k point anniversary free night certificate in September, and the new 35k point certificate next year. I just hit my first anniversary and I received the new Premier Plus Free Night Award in my account instead of the old 25k point cert.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question Does Marriott cancel the 15-night credit card bonus if you cancel the card?

My 15 nights toward elite status, by virtue of my Marriott business credit card, have already posted to my Marriott account. My $99 renewal fee for the card is due in a few days. If I cancel the card, do I lose those 15 nights? The Chase CSR I just spoke to said yes, but I wanted to double-check since she didn't seem to otherwise know what she was talking about.

Thanks for any help.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
no, they do not get clawed back once they hit your account.
Old Aug 19, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by njcommodore
no, they do not get clawed back once they hit your account.
Thanks very much, nj. FWIW, this is what I'd been told in the past, but this CSR sounded insistent and another I'd recently asked also sounded negative about retaining the nights, though less certain.

Any other inputs/data points are welcome.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 8:24 am

Has anyone has points post post 8/18 merger from Chase Marriott Visa. My last statement was 8/21 and points usually post in a day or two after statement date. But still no points from 8/21 statement.

I figured give it an extra week or two. But still no points. Amex SPG points post fine, but not Chase Marriott ones.

I worry about it going to wrong account as Marriott made me change my Marriott number before the merge date. They told me not to worry about telling Chase as they would take care of it....

My account is merged using my new Marriott number.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Has anyone has points post post 8/18 merger from Chase Marriott Visa. My last statement was 8/21 and points usually post in a day or two after statement date. But still no points from 8/21 statement...
My statement was 8/21 as well and the points posted as of 8/24. I haven't merged my accounts yet.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Has anyone has points post post 8/18 merger from Chase Marriott Visa. My last statement was 8/21 and points usually post in a day or two after statement date. But still no points from 8/21 statement.

I figured give it an extra week or two. But still no points. Amex SPG points post fine, but not Chase Marriott ones.

I worry about it going to wrong account as Marriott made me change my Marriott number before the merge date. They told me not to worry about telling Chase as they would take care of it....

My account is merged using my new Marriott number.
Both my husband and I have Chase Marriott Visas, and both of us had points post correctly recently. Our cut-off dates are the 26th and 21st, so both after Aug. 18. We also have merged accounts with spg. When I was merging them I sort of messed up and mine I started from Marriott and his I started from spg. Now when I sign in to either account I start at Marriott for me and SPG for him. He ended up getting a 3rd new number, different from his old spg and different from his old Marriott, plus on top of that he had to pick a new password. I got to keep my old Marriott number and my old email and password.

Both of us have upcoming reservations - he has 2 paid stays which look fine. I have a Chase certificate stay which, after 2 phone calls, I'm told is correct but I have no way of knowing if that's true. It's for October so I'm just waiting until they contact me before I go, since I do not have enough points in my account.

I'm sort of giving DPs based on a few recent questions, but that's how we look right now.

The one question I have, and maybe it's buried someplace in one of the threads, but we were both Marriott Silver before the merger, I think we were both nothing with spg, yet now he is still Marriott silver and I am now Marriott gold - no idea why.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:20 pm

Just received email I’m approved for the 75000 bonus premier plus Visa card

surprised since reading all the CCs that disquailified you if you had before thought I wouldn’t be approved since I had many of them. Truthfully I was so confused by the extensive list and timing.

i just used used a bunch of points for a European trip that I had received from a previous bonus offer
Guess it pays to apply even if you think it won’t succeed

Last edited by jerseygirl; Sep 10, 2018 at 10:22 pm
Old Sep 17, 2018, 8:11 pm

Got a response from Marriott support today about Chase points not posting. Took them 7 days to respond.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Marriott Customer Care today.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may causes, however at this time due to technical difficulties our guests profiles are not updated. We ask that you contact us if your account is not updated within the next five to seven business days.
We appreciate your patience during this time. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
After I got their response, I checked my account and the points from my 8/21 statement posted today. Now if it just showed my lifetime status and all my reservations -- oops I'm having a fantasy again.

Last edited by RobUAIntl; Sep 17, 2018 at 8:47 pm
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Any data points on how long it took the 100K points to post after passing the $5K spend? I'm at 4 weeks and counting (and I know it's 8-12 but usually hasn't taken that long...)
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
2 free nights + $200 credit; $3K spend in 3 months

Is this the "new normal" for the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus card? This offer popped up today while I was looking at a possible CASH rez. The 2 free nights are capped at 35K each. Oh, AF waived for 1st year too. Current offer at chase.com is 75K pts.

Last edited by philemer; Oct 3, 2018 at 9:08 pm
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

My husband received a card in the mail offering 20K Marriott points if he upgraded his Marriott Rewards card. He would get an annual 35K points free night as opposed to 25K and his annual fee would rise just $10. It made sense to me so I used the link (marriottrewards.com/upgrade) to accept the offer. Imagine my surprise when the offer popped up as 50K points. He has to make a single purchase by Dec 31 2018 to get the points.
jeanie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.