Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Account showing higher status than it should?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Anybody have a higher status in their account than they should? I have somehow been upgraded to Ambassador!

I was an SPG Platinum75 before the merger. Ironically after Aug 18th, my Marriott account showed Platinum Premier but my SPG account only showed me as Platinum. Once I combined accounts, the new merged account showed me successfully as Platinum Premier, but today I logged in and I am miraculously upgraded. My account says "You are Platinum Premier with Ambassador"

I have absolutely no intention of using an ambassador so for me it doesn't really matter just curious if anyone else is seeing issues like this still?
HollyGlen likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
It's not just you- MPG's IT strikes again! I'm still 40 nights and ~$12K away, but this morning:
Attached Images  
HollyGlen likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
This is funny. I was legitimately AMB status via legacy SPG100 in 2017/2018. I just assumed progress was being made when they finally got around to reflecting that in my account as of today. Turns out it's apparently quite the contrary - just some spurious coincidence, likely based on the fact that my account number consists of digits or some such...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:26 pm

Same situation for me.
97 SPG nights, >100 Nights combined, but still USD 7k away from 20K requirement.

I thought batch processing consider 97 SPG nights approx. 100 nights, and upgrade me to AMB. It turns out to be glitch again.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
My husband's account shows the same. A few nights away and a few thousand short of earning it. If I was one of the people who actually earned this I'd be (justifiably) furious. Can you imagine the potential backlog on the ambassadors? I don't anticipate using this service, even if earned, but if it still shows closer to our anniversary trip in March I just might
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
If suddenly you are showing +Ambassador, then what does your Next Up section show?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Cool - me too.

You are Platinum Premier with Ambassador
Maybe I should reply back to my previous Ambassador's "Sorry, you're no long Ambassador" email from Feb and ask her for to do something for me.
Originally Posted by yyznomad
If suddenly you are showing +Ambassador, then what does your Next Up section show?

In the details, below that heading
The Good Life. Better.
You’ve made it to Platinum Premier Elite.

Next Up: Ambassador Service
(Only on the web though - mobile is still correct)

Originally Posted by hipquest
If I was one of the people who actually earned this I'd be (justifiably) furious.
With all of the issues over the last 50+ days, why on earth would you assume this is accurate and those with this new "status" are actually receiving these benefits?

Last edited by CPRich; Oct 2, 2018 at 8:10 pm
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by hipquest
If I was one of the people who actually earned this I'd be (justifiably) furious
Why? I certainly expect it to be rectified within a couple of days or so (in fact, this isn't the first time this error has happened to people post-merger).
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by CPRich
Cool - me too.

Maybe I should reply back to my previous Ambassador's "Sorry, you're no long Ambassador" email from Feb and ask her for to do something for me.

In the details, below that heading

(Only on the web though - mobile is still correct)
Ok, so it shows Ambassador as Up Next even though it says you are already Ambassador.

Curious - were you close to hitting 100?

So I just checked my account and I also show supposedly upgraded to Ambassador but I am only SPG75 and just missed 100 by 2 or 3 nights. And like you, my Up Next shows Ambassador.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Why? I certainly expect it to be rectified within a couple of days or so (in fact, this isn't the first time this error has happened to people post-merger).
Read my next sentence after the one you quoted, please.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think @hipquest meant if this were to be legit
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:17 pm

I read that; and I suspect that one of two things happens now: 1 - a note goes out to all Ambassadors saying "WFUed and there's a bunch of bogus new PP+As, ignore them 'till we get it sorted", or 2 - someone tries to call MPG trying to get in touch with their Ambassador and the system tells the rep they're not eligible (and based on what I've seen here this means they'll spend more time on hold than getting an answer, further rate-limiting the damage).

In fact, IIRC Ambassadors are assigned after a few days, and then they find you, right? I suspect this will have negligible impact.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:28 pm

@CPRich I know it's not accurate but it has been showing for nearly a month. I was simply replying to OP's question and also giving my opinion on what a problem it has the potential to be. I mean, this has been the most flawless integration, ever.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read that; and I suspect that one of two things happens now: 1 - a note goes out to all Ambassadors saying "WFUed and there's a bunch of bogus new PP+As, ignore them 'till we get it sorted", or 2 - someone tries to call MPG trying to get in touch with their Ambassador and the system tells the rep they're not eligible (and based on what I've seen here this means they'll spend more time on hold than getting an answer, further rate-limiting the damage).

In fact, IIRC Ambassadors are assigned after a few days, and then they find you, right? I suspect this will have negligible impact.
My point was, my take on what @hipquest said was that if this was intentional, then those who got Ambassador the legit 100 night way might get ticked off. But I recognize now you are talking about hipquest's note of a possible burden on the Ambassador program, but I don't think that's what hipquest was referring to.

But yes, as you said, to me this seems to be a(nother) mistake and it will get sorted out without much issue. I mean, they're already being slammed, so 0.01% more getting slammed is not much when it's already 110% slammed.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CPRich

With all of the issues over the last 50+ days, why on earth would you assume this is accurate and those with this new "status" are actually receiving these benefits?
However, we know of programs who gift "bump ups" to those on the cusp.

Although, I believe this Ambassador bump up for us was done in error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.