Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

How to find hotels that have suites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
On the MAR website, click on the property you're interested in, click on the property's website, scroll down on the home page, & click on 'hotel details'. That will list the # of rooms & # of suites. Also gives info like parking fee, pet fee, internet fee, etc. It does not distinguish on the suite details (nor, IMO does it need to do so since it's a cliff notes/at a glance info) in terms of jr, full, presidential, but it lets you know the # of suites.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K MM, Marriott LTPP

I am booking some future rooms with points and I am hoping to use my suite upgrades that are new to me. How can I find out if a hotel even has a suite and even how many there are? I realize some of the full service have suites and some of the extended stay don't really, but I can't figure it out for the mid range stuff like AC.

Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Only way to be sure is to do a query on the property in question. Even then, if you *really* want to be sure, go to its property description page and look for room descriptions as opposed to simply availability.

Finding 2-bedroom suites is actually easier: you can query an entire city with 6 adults 1 room and that pretty safely returns only 2BR suites. 1BRs are harder because a lot of places have a 1 king 1 sofabed rooms with max 4 adults. A citywide search for 4 adults 1 room yields everything that has two beds.

I haven't used my first SNAs yet, but couldn't you make a booking at a property and then look at your booking to see what SNA choices are available? Just cancel the stay if you don't see what you like.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Poster

I haven't requested the upgrades yet. I thought once upon a time the property had a room type and count, but I can't see anything like that now. Would be so useful to know how many suites so that I could hedge my bets to the hotels with more capacity.

I've goofed around with the number of people to try and force the info but it is far from a friendly or reliable way to do it. Thanks for the input thought, better than nothing.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AirMiles2001
I haven't requested the upgrades yet. I thought once upon a time the property had a room type and count, but I can't see anything like that now. Would be so useful to know how many suites so that I could hedge my bets to the hotels with more capacity.

I've goofed around with the number of people to try and force the info but it is far from a friendly or reliable way to do it. Thanks for the input thought, better than nothing.
Yeah, I remember seeing that kind of info somewhere at some point. e.g., 285 rooms, 24 suites or whatever. But no idea where to find it and not much about Marriott.com these days is user friendly.

There are so many airline and hotel websites that were better 15 years ago than they are now (from a UX perspective). It's like we've forgotten how to design easy lightweight straightforward sites and apps.
AirMiles2001 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:09 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's not that hard.

On the MAR website, click on the property you're interested in, click on the property's website, scroll down on the home page, & click on 'hotel details'. That will list the # of rooms & # of suites. Also gives info like parking fee, pet fee, internet fee, etc. It does not distinguish on the suite details (nor, IMO does it need to do so since it's a cliff notes/at a glance info) in terms of jr, full, presidential, but it lets you know the # of suites.

Example: JW Marriott, Grosvenor House, when clicking on All Hotel Details brings this up (in addition to other items):

Property Details

• 8 floors, 420 Rooms, 76 suites

Cheers.
AirMiles2001 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Also, just because a property has suites, does not mean they will all be in the SNA pool. Moana Surfrider only has 3 Banyan suites that are available to upgrade with SNAs. Renaissance Barcelona has some suites but the only thing in the SNA pool are executive rooms.

If you are interested in a particular property, make a flexible dummy reservation and then apply the SNAs. It will show you the options but without committing you. You can back out and cancel everything.
AirMiles2001 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's not that hard.

Example: JW Marriott, Grosvenor House, when clicking on All Hotel Details brings this up (in addition to other items):

Property Details

• 8 floors, 420 Rooms, 76 suites

Cheers.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I knew it used to be out there but I just couldn't find it anymore.
Old Oct 4, 2018, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pinniped
Yeah, I remember seeing that kind of info somewhere at some point. e.g., 285 rooms, 24 suites or whatever. But no idea where to find it and not much about Marriott.com these days is user friendly.

There are so many airline and hotel websites that were better 15 years ago than they are now (from a UX perspective). It's like we've forgotten how to design easy lightweight straightforward sites and apps.
I ended up requesting the upgrades so that I could try your trick, and that seems to be the best approach as I can see what the options are. Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.