Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by remymartin
Indeed. My account has gone from having a local dedicated status number to changing to some weird US number. Am I expected to pay international call costs to discuss problems a chain has set upon myself and many others by virtue of a disastruous merger?
CS email said I had to call US number to fix little problem. Can't call country I am in. My app switches from China to US number, 90% of time US

Pathetic. As if US is only part of world
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Question

We should rename this thread, "Misery Loves Company"...or better yet, "Misery Hates Company."

Anyway, I'm not sure whether there are any solutions here, but thought I'd post one of my (many) IT integration issues in case anyone has any solutions or suggestions. I'd welcome help, since I'm reluctant to try combining accounts until this is all sorted out.

The issue:

When I try logging into my Marriott account, I can't do it with my Marriott account number, but can with my email address (plus my Marriott password).

When I try logging in to my SPG account, I can do it with either my Marriott account number or email address (plus my SPG but not Marriott password).

Any way to try to fix this? As I said, I'm reluctant to combine accounts until glitches such as this are remedied.

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by damon88

This may be the most laughable IT charge Marriott has made. I have experienced identical issues when searching for hotels.

The only way I finally got Suiran to show up was by searching Kyoto. Searching by name gets you a place in Spain and a hairstyling salon in China (See Screenshot)
This is ridiculous!

For giggles, search for Hong Kong. In the list you will see "Hong Kong, China"! Select that and it will return zero results because the properties are in "Hong Kong, SAR." A search for Kowloon works and the Hong Kong, SAR properties will be there too.

Coming from the Marriott side, I have felt very little affect of the merger. Everything has been working for me, quick posting post 8/18 on either legacy brand and combining accouts worked flawlessly. I was at 51 pmMarriott & 14 pmSPG. I wanted to combine before passing 75 nights. I was able to select my 5 SNA right after combining and already successfully used one on a pmSPG property in SYD. After passing 75 nights, I was able to choose the Free Night award ( more valuable to me than suite upgrades). Currently at 80 nights. I was Platinum in Marriott pre-merger and status updates correctly to PPE. My linked account in SPG never did update until I combined.

Issues seem to be more prevalent with former SPG loyalits.

James
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
We should rename this thread, "Misery Loves Company"...or better yet, "Misery Hates Company."

Anyway, I'm not sure whether there are any solutions here, but thought I'd post one of my (many) IT integration issues in case anyone has any solutions or suggestions. I'd welcome help, since I'm reluctant to try combining accounts until this is all sorted out.

The issue:

When I try logging into my Marriott account, I can't do it with my Marriott account number, but can with my email address (plus my Marriott password).
Have you confirmed your MR account number after you've logged into your MR account? I've read some posts where the MR needed to be changed as part of the merge in August.
When I try logging in to my SPG account, I can do it with either my Marriott account number or email address (plus my SPG but not Marriott password).
Again, can you confirm the account number is proper once you get logged in? If the accounts have not been combined you should not be able to access your SPG data with MR account number.
Any way to try to fix this? As I said, I'm reluctant to combine accounts until glitches such as this are remedied.

Thanks for any advice.
It really sounds like your accounts have been combined. Since the merge in August they do present different pages to log in, but they are the same database. So going to the SPG page and entering your MR credentials will work and vice versa. Once your accounts are combined, this is still the case. When your login fails what is given as the cause. I have combined my accounts and when I try to access using my old MR credentials i am told the account has been combined.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Issues seem to be more prevalent with former SPG loyalits.
Marriott loyalist here...and it's been one progressively declining 💩 show for about the past year. I was complaining about website issues since before the merger. The August merger has only increased the number of issues I've encountered.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KRSW
Marriott loyalist here...and it's been one progressively declining 💩 show for about the past year. I was complaining about website issues since before the merger. The August merger has only increased the number of issues I've encountered.
Sorry to hear it has been that way for YOU! Not my experience. From reading this thread it appears to me, without actually counting them, that most of the complaints are from the SPG side. Maybe they are more vocal? It is an observation. I do hope your issues get resolved.

James
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:30 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Sorry to hear it has been that way for YOU! Not my experience. From reading this thread it appears to me, without actually counting them, that most of the complaints are from the SPG side. Maybe they are more vocal? It is an observation. I do hope your issues get resolved.
Wait, you’re saying that “Marriott loyalists” don’t get directed to random sushi restaurants and hair parlors when searching for Lake Biwa Marriott or Suiran? And they’re shown hotels when searching for Hong Kong, China?

Man, now I’m really upset I grew up on the wrong (SPG) side of the track.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

James
Of course those that are used to a more responsive support organization will be more vocal when they experience a sever downgrade of the service they are now receiving. If you don't report these issues there is little to no chance they will get addressed. I can see if you have already become accustomed to poor service or no experience how it could be and the lack of responsiveness to issues that future problem reporting is a waste of time. Just because you are happy does not mean all others should be happy.

I have worked in a support role for many decades. I've always, as still do, encourage people to report problems. Accepting bad service is always a choice, but I don't expect them to fix an issue unless it's been reported. We are their best beta test service since we are the real world. Squelching customer feedback is a sign of a company with the blinders way too narrow.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Day 3 of no activity showing on my activity page. Just get an error message. Also noticed my stays/points don't appear to be posting (counters are not increasing).

Sigh.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:14 pm
soy

Programs: various
Arne still thinks things are going well https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...und-the-edges/
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by soy
Arne still thinks things are going well https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...und-the-edges/
I can't remember the last time there was a CEO so unaware of the sentiments of his or her company's most loyal and profitable customers...what a joke
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by soy
With comments like that, mediocre Marriott indeed...

Even their own frontliners know this is a mess. And yes the vast majority are not complaining because the vast majority are not elite guests
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I'm no MBA candidate, but I do believe it's the primary job of a CEO to pump share prices. Probably set expectations accordingly in these such cases...
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I'm no MBA candidate, but I do believe it's the primary job of a CEO to pump share prices. Probably set expectations accordingly in these such cases...
I do have an MBA, and you are correct. No competent CEO would publicly make a statement of no confidence about his/her company's IT or customer service. No matter how bad the situation, Marriott will keep on releasing optimistic public statements.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:45 pm

Reading the few latest posts above I have a feeling my problem is already documents in another post somewhere, but here we go:

1. When I first merged the accounts, it had a weird problem about the extra 4-digits in my zipcode and I couldn't make bookings without manually changing them from pre-filled entry.
2. So I went to change the zipcode, but I cannot. Why? "Email address in use." But It's really not except by this exact account.
3. For extra credit, I tried resetting password from email: "this account is already merged."
4. Okay, so let's just change the email to a different one, together with the zipcode.
5. Voila! Profile changed and the zipcode issue gone. But... I discovered I can no longer make SPG bookings. The page refreshes on submit and does nothing.
6. After tweaking everything I found out that I need to change the email address in the booking form to my old address. Now it works! Well, sort of.
7. And I still cannot change my email address back to my original. Plus I cannot login with my email address anymore.

I contacted support and it's been ten days without a beep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.