Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott CEO Asks Unhappy Members To Hold Tight, Platform Is Stabilized

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
It happened to me last week when Marriott.com transferred me to the SPG website for a Sheraton booking. The SPG website wasn't working. I called into the Marriott number, but the agent said he couldn't help me and transferred me to a completely unprofessional and useless SPG agent.
Sounds like the same one I got.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by margarita girl
People who earned Plat status through meeting nights don't think this is a good idea. They also think they are entitled to UA Gold.
Yeah! I mean why can't I, too, be treated like a special and elite customer just because I don't have a job that involves frequent flights and hotel stays paid by the employer ?! And I don't even want such job because I like to spend time in my city with my family. It's not fair. So the recourse is to use the tricks and loopholes.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I still wish for a qualifying by spending

Instead of Le Club Accor type, where each tier can be achieved by hights OR status point, make it like Krisflyer and PPS club of Singapore Airlines.

Keep the current structure (10 nights for silver, 25 for gold, 50 for plt, 75 for plt p)
But then make PLTP +A can be achieved by 100 nights+ 20k spending OR 30k spending only (insert suitable amount MR think its worthed)

That would entice people to book higher cat rooms,

The drawback will be less suite upgrades for members as some members book the suites themself to reach the spend target
Old Oct 6, 2018, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MasterGeek

Yeah! I mean why can't I, too, be treated like a special and elite customer just because I don't have a job that involves frequent flights and hotel stays paid by the employer ?! And I don't even want such job because I like to spend time in my city with my family. It's not fair. So the recourse is to use the tricks and loopholes.
Oh, in that case, you should be upgraded to PPE + Ambassador and UA 1K.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:30 am

Checked out of a Sheraton on Friday morning....as usual points etc., all posted this morning. More often than not I could depend on SPG posting within 2-3 days guaranteed! Still no posting or anything from my Marriott stay that will be nearing two weeks? Said it before and will say it again.............I just don't get it!? My first MAR stay the same thing whereas I had to do the work and call CS to find it and post it for me. I know it is small eggs and at the end of the day much more important things in life but this just really pi$$es me off!
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Checked out of a Sheraton on Friday morning....as usual points etc., all posted this morning. More often than not I could depend on SPG posting within 2-3 days guaranteed! Still no posting or anything from my Marriott stay that will be nearing two weeks? Said it before and will say it again.............I just don't get it!? My first MAR stay the same thing whereas I had to do the work and call CS to find it and post it for me. I know it is small eggs and at the end of the day much more important things in life but this just really pi$$es me off!
Kind of like how when Continental merged with (coughtookovercough) United, and used CO's inferior technology...mileage posting went from next day (for PMUA flyers) to 3-6 days (a few years later "improving" to 2), along with a host of other downgrades.

later, rinse, repeat.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Compared with the Marriott-SPG Merge, I think the UA-CO merge went a lot smoother.

In fact, I think the Marriott-SPG merge (not just IT but also the whole process, starting with the initial uneven elite status matching which setup the wrong expectation of SPG members) is probably one of the worst in recent history in the travel industry. The saga continues as the support / communication has be dismal and the final name change is yet to come.
cruisr and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by username
Compared with the Marriott-SPG Merge, I think the UA-CO merge went a lot smoother.
The loyalty program merger went way smoother with UA/CO. In fact, that was close to seamless. The operational merger was a mess, however. With Marriott/SPG, we can't assess the operational merger because they haven't merged the booking platforms yet. So we still have that to look forward to
cruisr, wrp96, JBord and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
After six weeks Marriott has now caught up on three of my missing stays. I am still waiting for one remaining stay to post (after 6 weeks) and also for 45,000 points to be returned to my account from an award night cancellation six weeks ago. This continues to be very frustrating. So far I have diverted six nights to other programs that would have gone to Marriott due to these issues.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think unless we all book away from Marriott and they see the numbers hurting, they are not going to take this seriously. (Sorry, despite of the lip service, I still don't think they are taking this seriously as I am still not getting any response to the tickets I have opened.)
Old Oct 7, 2018, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
The loyalty program merger went way smoother with UA/CO. In fact, that was close to seamless. The operational merger was a mess, however. With Marriott/SPG, we can't assess the operational merger because they haven't merged the booking platforms yet. So we still have that to look forward to
I really dislike the Marriott booking platform, so the longer they take, the happier I am.
supatight80 likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by username
I think unless we all book away from Marriott and they see the numbers hurting, they are not going to take this seriously. (Sorry, despite of the lip service, I still don't think they are taking this seriously as I am still not getting any response to the tickets I have opened.)
So you're suggesting people should book away, spitefully, as some sort of protest? Seems like that hurts all of us more than it would hurt Marriott. Why in the world would I not earn points or not continue toward the next tier of LT membership because it's taking longer for points to post, or whatever the major issue is for you personally? My experience at each of the properties is still the same as before. Why go to a Hyatt, for example, where I have no current status and few points accumulated? Hilton, sure...but my experience at Hilton's as a low level elite isn't as good as PPE at Marriott. I truly mean no offense to you, but I guess I don't see the logic in this type of protest.

To the point of your second sentence, you're right...they're not going to fix issues any sooner just because you booked away. It might even be a welcome relief from people calling about missing points (or whatever) every day.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBord
So you're suggesting people should book away, spitefully, as some sort of protest? Seems like that hurts all of us more than it would hurt Marriott. Why in the world would I not earn points or not continue toward the next tier of LT membership because it's taking longer for points to post, or whatever the major issue is for you personally? My experience at each of the properties is still the same as before. Why go to a Hyatt, for example, where I have no current status and few points accumulated? Hilton, sure...but my experience at Hilton's as a low level elite isn't as good as PPE at Marriott. I truly mean no offense to you, but I guess I don't see the logic in this type of protest.

To the point of your second sentence, you're right...they're not going to fix issues any sooner just because you booked away. It might even be a welcome relief from people calling about missing points (or whatever) every day.
Marriott is a very metric oriented company and I think unless the numbers show what they are doing / not doing has impacted the bottom line, the rest is lip service (and they are really not doing much lip service either).

Yes, go elsewhere, let them fix things at their own pace and come back when things are fixed

Yeah, it is a little easy for me to say it since I am lifetime PP [whose issues are being ignored] and need the nights to make HH Diamond anyway
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JBord

Why would u keep staying at a chain that Is not addressing customer concerns... Unless you want to hit elite tier thresholds? How else do you get them to change?

They clearly aren't listening to complaints.

For example my SPG app shows no SPG legacy hotels in London...only Marriott legacy ones. I had to go on website to find legacy SPG hotels.

When I email customer service they respond in a way that literally had nothing to do with my questions. Absolutely nothing.

Why should I go through hoops like this to book a hotel? Why should I spend money there?

On property things are ok but everything else Is not ok. I am exhausted trying to make reservations. Exhausted.

I am now booking 10 nights not at Marriott because I dont have time to deal with this. I still have 25 nigjts already booked with Marriott. I won't change but will not go out of my way to book anynore.

My loyalty Is being severely tested.

Someone at a very senior position should be fired for this debacle or make massive outreach. I run a co. I cannot ever say the sausage making should be this bad.

Last edited by SHLTP; Oct 7, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Old Oct 7, 2018, 6:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I needed to book a stay in Deerfield Beach pronto - tried to get into the Marriott site and saw an entirely different layout with no obvious place to sign in. After clicking around a bit with no success, I shifted to Hilton and booked the Hampton. I'm just as happy with the Hampton as I would have been with a Fairfield, probably happier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.