Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott not a "FedRooms" provider

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ajwright
It doesn't appear that last room availability is required, I dug a little deeper, and it appears that they advertise "most hotels offer last standard room available FedRooms rates" but don't actually require the hotels to provide it. When I did my dummy searches there were a few hotels that were shown but with the disclaimer "rate unavailable" but for which other rates were.
I concur. FedRooms (run by Carlson Wagonlit) encourages last room availability--and may use that as a criterion when selecting properties in areas with substantial participants--it does not appear to be a requirement.

In my agency, we need to justify booking outside of our travel portal, but do not need to book a FedRooms rate*, although they are displayed before non-FedRooms rates so paging through multiple pages of hotels is often required.
*In some localities, there is now a pilot program with a small, preferred list of properties managed by FedRooms that we must use (or justify non-use).
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
That was then, FedRooms is now. FedRooms requires last room availability. In other rooms, if there is availability a government traveler must be offered the room at the government rate.

Perhaps the best reason not to participate.
Well, my agency doesn't use FedRooms, so now is still now (or then is still then...)

In any case, the points I made about what hotels offer and under what conditions don't really have much to do with last room availability (which, as noted elsewhere appears to be not required by FedRooms).

I also noticed that on the FedRooms site they listed SPG as a participating loyalty program under the "Loyalty Perks" link here:

https://www.fedrooms.com/traveler.html

So maybe there's hope that the combined MR/SPG portfolio will be included down the road.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know if there is a new generic FedRooms code? Up until a few weeks ago, "FEDROOMS" was working for many properties but now it doesn't seem to work for any. All of my usual Bonvoy properties are still participating in the FedRooms program (bookable via the FedRooms website) - just no way to book directly any more via the app/website.

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 9, 2023, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Does anyone know if there is a new generic FedRooms code? Up until a few weeks ago, "FEDROOMS" was working for many properties but now it doesn't seem to work for any. All of my usual Bonvoy properties are still participating in the FedRooms program (bookable via the FedRooms website) - just no way to book directly any more via the app/website.

-FlyerBeek
FeedRooms rate code is XVU.

What you can see on the FedRooms site is identical to what the XVU rate code pulls up on Marriott site. But of course it is easier to manage the reservation through Marriott.
SPN Lifer and KRSW like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
FeedRooms rate code is XVU.
Great - that worked. Thanks!

-FlyerBeek
Old May 23, 2023, 10:50 am

Booking short/ mid term rentals

Have you guys seen the short/ mid term rental platform that meets all the Fedrooms requirements so we can book a house in place of a hotel if we want to?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.