Wiki Posts
Search

Multiple Hotels at the Same Time?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 100K, Marriott Titanium
Multiple Hotels at the Same Time?

Hi guys! I am planning on staying in BKK for 2 weeks for a business trip as my home base. I will also be traveling during that time and staying at other hotels. Will I receive night credits/points for the other stays as well? Or am I limited to the one I check in to first during the same period?

Any insight on this would be great!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by mimo123
Hi guys! I am planning on staying in BKK for 2 weeks for a business trip as my home base. I will also be traveling during that time and staying at other hotels. Will I receive night credits/points for the other stays as well? Or am I limited to the one I check in to first during the same period?

Any insight on this would be great!
Per the T&C of the program:

2.1.d.
iii. Members cannot earn or receive benefits at multiple Participating Properties for the same stay date(s).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
As above, officially no, but I have had stays post where I had two hotels (generally because I had a long stay at a hotel, and did a quick night somewhere else, and checking out and back in again would make the overall rate or taxes more expensive).

So don't expect it, but try and hope no one notices if you get two nights.

I think points should post regardless based on the rules.

Last edited by GregWTravels; Sep 28, 2018 at 9:31 am Reason: I can't spell.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Bonvoy Ambassador + LtG, Hyatt Globalist, United Silver
If you havent merged your MR and SPG account yet, you can try book one via SPG and one via MR accounts. When merging those still both counted for me. I only just merged accounts so we will see if it stays that way...
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
I will be staying one night in Auckland NZ and then flying to Tahiti French Polynesia in the afternoon arriving the night before departure. I will physically stay Feb 20-21 in AKL depart on Feb 21st for PPT arriving on the Feb 20th for a Feb 20-21 check in.

It will be interesting to see how that gets handled.

James
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I will be staying one night in Auckland NZ and then flying to Tahiti French Polynesia in the afternoon arriving the night before departure. I will physically stay Feb 20-21 in AKL depart on Feb 21st for PPT arriving on the Feb 20th for a Feb 20-21 check in.

It will be interesting to see how that gets handled.

James
Old posts say the system will reject it as a duplicate but then a call can get it posted. There are a few valid exceptions to different hotels on the same date, timezone changes especially.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
Not sure if it's a glitch with the new system but we just had overlapping stays post. I thought it was odd. My husband was out of town on business when an emergency came up with his Mom. I went to be with her while he tried to change his flight to get back that day but he wasn't able to get back til the next day.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hipquest
Not sure if it's a glitch with the new system but we just had overlapping stays post.
Wow, that's odd.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hipquest
Not sure if it's a glitch with the new system but we just had overlapping stays post. I thought it was odd. My husband was out of town on business when an emergency came up with his Mom. I went to be with her while he tried to change his flight to get back that day but he wasn't able to get back til the next day.
Now let the flood of posts about what is wrong with this happening...
Old Oct 2, 2018, 10:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I had overlapping stays under legacy Marriott all the time. It was never an issue. I can't believe that has changed.
DJ_Iceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.