Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by shaown
So they missed my 1000 checkin/amenity points. Isn't that an automatic $100 for failing to meet an elite benefit?
-Shaown
I think you have to point that out prior to checking out of the hotel.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
Jackson Hole Springhill Suites, points just posted today (March 11th) for a March 1st checkout.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Got a new one (for me anyway).

Sheraton Four Points Kansas City Airport. Stay was last Wednesday.

The night and points have posted, but the hotel bill hasn't. Nor did I get one emailed to me after checkout. If I click to download the hotel bill on the Marriott site, it just loops me back to a list of my stays.

Hasn't hit my expense report yet either.

Anyone had a similar issue? This was my first stay at an old SPG property, never had this issue with legacy Marriott properties.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
My stay at Courtyard Taipei has been posted. The 3 nights posted correctly and I earn no points at all other than 500 welcome bonus.

The stay is using point, but I do have expenses, breakfast at restaurant and laundry.

Shouldn't the char for breakfast is an eligible spending that should earn points?

I thought the point posted by system why they cannot tell what should be posted.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Cash and points stay, no stay credit posted, customer rep claims no points

I had a stay checking out Feb 19th from ITC Mughal (Luxury Collection), Agra. It was a cash and points stay under the old SPG system ($35 plus 2000 Starpoints). I put in a missing request form but the hotel has not provided me a bill in spite of three emails requesting it.

I called the customer line and the rep claimed that I don’t get credit for the stay, or any spend associated with it (like a third party stay). Is this a HUACA situation?
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by gmax58
I had a stay checking out Feb 19th from ITC Mughal (Luxury Collection), Agra. It was a cash and points stay under the old SPG system ($35 plus 2000 Starpoints). I put in a missing request form but the hotel has not provided me a bill in spite of three emails requesting it.

I called the customer line and the rep claimed that I don’t get credit for the stay, or any spend associated with it (like a third party stay). Is this a HUACA situation?
Yes, HUCA and hope for a more knowledgeable agent. And an important step, if the agent says no credit, get their name and send it along to the Lurkers to hopefully get some training scheduled. I may be dreaming, but I want to believe Marriott wants these issues corrected since each and every one of these events end up costing them revenue! It's clear they don't care about customers, but they do care about MONEY.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Seven days since I requested a folio for a stay, because I never got one via email. Requested both through the website and Twitter DM, and still no folio.

Of course, the only reason I'm even asking for one is because my stay never posted. I even pre-emptively requested the folio before the 10-day window, knowing by day 5 that my stay wasn't going to post.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 10:06 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
No sign of a Saturday-Sunday Renaissance stay last weekend, I'd say "this is getting ridiculous" but it's already been ridiculous for quite some time. Thankfully the system knew enough to deduct the SNA at least
So this was a stay from 2/23-2/24. After the waiting period I went to go and fill out the missing stay request but realized I didn't have an electronic copy of my bill. So I decided to wait until I was back home from a trip to Europe. The stay finally posted on its own on 3/12
ohhleary likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:34 am

So you're telling me there's still a chance! My stay was from 2/28-3/2, so maybe it will post next week! Still don't have a copy of my folio 9 days after requesting it and raising the issue through Twitter DMs several times, so I still can't even file a missing stay request.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:40 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by ohhleary
So you're telling me there's still a chance! My stay was from 2/28-3/2, so maybe it will post next week! Still don't have a copy of my folio 9 days after requesting it and raising the issue through Twitter DMs several times, so I still can't even file a missing stay request.
I don't know how Marriott has traditionally run but in my experience with SPG and other brands in the past, going direct to the property (usually by calling) was always the best way to get a copy of a folio.

That said I have seen legacy SPG brand stays outside North America take up to 15 days to post lately (perhaps others would have taken even longer but I got sick of waiting and submitted missing stay claims). My experience with legacy Marriott brand stays has been better but you never know.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 2:27 pm

Well, lesson learned. Before I even saw your post, I emailed the hotel directly for the folio. I had a response and my folio within an hour.

So what the heck was Marriott customer service doing for the past nine days?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ohhleary
Well, lesson learned. Before I even saw your post, I emailed the hotel directly for the folio. I had a response and my folio within an hour.

So what the heck was Marriott customer service doing for the past nine days?
Telling 100's of 1,000's of other members the same thing, gotta wait.

Back in my days of support, I spent a lot of time explaining to customers they may have the privilege of drilling down on their one problem, we have to shift gears as soon as the phone rings again. We had to write it up as quickly as we could and pass it on to the offline support group and/or the product lab.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Missing stay from 3 March, submitted request for points/night credit on 14 March. Resolved today. ^
Old Mar 16, 2019, 12:23 pm

Seems like I am getting point credit, but not always getting night credit. Very hard to keep track of. Meanwhile my Hilton stays are now posting ~20 hours after check-out.
Old Mar 17, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Originally Posted by dgparent
Put in a missing stay request 5 days ago for a 5 night stay at the Sheraton Salt Lake - got a reply this morning :

"The hotel indicated in your email is not a Marriott property, nor is it part of the Marriott family of hotels affiliated with Marriott Bonvoy or Marriott International. As such, Marriott Bonvoy points, miles and Elite nights cannot be earned for staying at this hotel."

Really it was the week before and the week after !! I replied to that email once again attaching my porfolio and also resubmiited the request online.

What a hassle.
Just an update, my stay posted after reaching out via twitter and I received this email, bolding is mine:

Dear XXXX,
Thank you for your reply.
I apologize for the delay and confusion on our end. The last representative was wrong, of course this hotel is participating. I see your stay was added the day following your reply.

Please reply if I can assist you further.

Thank you for being a Titanium Elite member!

Sincerely,
XXXXXX.
Loyalty Care Email
Salt Lake Customer Engagement Center
910 Legacy Way Suite 100
Midvale, UT 84047-5765
USA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.