Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I submitted a missing stay request yesterday and had response in under an hour. Who knows how these things get routed.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
There's no rhyme or reason to the amount of time it takes for missing stay requests to be processed.

Just be sure to watch the points calculation closely once it is done, since my limited experience for missing stays in January at full service Marriott hotels is that both stays had a significant number of missing points (miscalculation of room taxes, not taking into account qualifying incidental spend.)
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Submitted for two missing stays yesterday, in the auto-response confirmation email there was this line:

"We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries. "
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by zymm
Submitted for two missing stays yesterday, in the auto-response confirmation email there was this line:

"We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries. "
aka SNAFU Situation Normal All F***ed Up.
Mustang Sally likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by dgreen12
There's no rhyme or reason to the amount of time it takes for missing stay requests to be processed.

Just be sure to watch the points calculation closely once it is done, since my limited experience for missing stays in January at full service Marriott hotels is that both stays had a significant number of missing points (miscalculation of room taxes, not taking into account qualifying incidental spend.)
I filed a request via website form and had a response within one hour. Unfortunately, points and # of nights was incorrect, so I'll still have to call up the 800# and play that game..
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:52 pm

I filled out the missing stay form last night before bed (~3AM ET) and 8 minutes later I received a response and the stay posted to my account. UNFORTUNATELY, the rep only put in for 1 night, not the full duration of the stay. ::facepalm:: So, I had to call in to get that straightened out. Website still not showing the right info, but I'll give it 24 hrs and see what happens next.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
As a follow up to my original post, I got an email this morning (before I'd had a chance to call) stating that they had looked into it and confirmed my stay. I was told that my points/nights would post within 24-48 hours. Basically this falls in line with what laxmillenial said up above. I checked on the app, and the nights had already posted. It looked like some, but not all, of the points, had also posted.

When I was able to look it up on a computer so I could see the breakdown, I realized that the missing points were tied to skipping housekeeping. I know that others have complained about those not posting in the past, though I've never had that problem (and, I've stayed at this specific property a half dozen times, so I don't think it's just them opting out). Given that it's been two weeks, I feel like it would sort of be my word against the property as to whether I hung the door tag, and I don't think it's worth the 1,500 points to get bothered about. But, definitely something I'll be keeping an eye on during upcoming stays.

Thanks all for chiming in with your experiences.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
They dont respond to emails anymore. You will need to create a new case or call them. I have open items from 6 months ago.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:53 am

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Put in a missing stay request 5 days ago for a 5 night stay at the Sheraton Salt Lake - got a reply this morning :

"The hotel indicated in your email is not a Marriott property, nor is it part of the Marriott family of hotels affiliated with Marriott Bonvoy or Marriott International. As such, Marriott Bonvoy points, miles and Elite nights cannot be earned for staying at this hotel."

Really it was the week before and the week after !! I replied to that email once again attaching my porfolio and also resubmiited the request online.

What a hassle.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 5:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by dgparent
Put in a missing stay request 5 days ago for a 5 night stay at the Sheraton Salt Lake - got a reply this morning :

"The hotel indicated in your email is not a Marriott property, nor is it part of the Marriott family of hotels affiliated with Marriott Bonvoy or Marriott International. As such, Marriott Bonvoy points, miles and Elite nights cannot be earned for staying at this hotel."
Thank you for my laugh of the day! Now I’m gonna cry. I miss SPG.
Dambus, Mustang Sally and dgparent like this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by KRSW
I filed a request via website form and had a response within one hour. Unfortunately, points and # of nights was incorrect, so I'll still have to call up the 800# and play that game..
First time I submitted a missing stay request (late January), I had a quick response (with an incorrect number of points).

Second time I submitted a missing stay request (late February), I waited about a week for the response (also with an incorrect number of points).

The only constant for this Titanium is the incorrect number of points being calculated by the group responsible for posting stays and calculating points.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Thank you for my laugh of the day! Now I’m gonna cry. I miss SPG.
How about this one. I submitted a missing stay request for a Sheraton. Marriott phone rep insisted that my stay has been posted by pointing to a St Regis credit for a close in date. Then she explained that Sheraton is part of St Regis brand so Sheraton stays posts under St Regis. No, they were two different stays.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by yule_boy
I had a 5 night award stay with some f&b charges that didn't post, filled in the form and the reply was that there were no eligible charges. I replied that it was an award stay and there were restaurant and room service charges. Next I was told to send the "full folio" to get credit. I replied that what I had sent was the "full folio" and since it was an award stay there was no cost for the room. Then it was back to saying there were no eligible charges and referring me to the T&Cs. I had to quote the relevant T&C back to the agent and finally points were posted so I guess the charges were eligible after all.

But only 1 night credit out of 5 was posted even though the dates were clearly on the folio. Now I'm told they are contacting the hotel to verify because they are unable to see the reservation in their system. 5 emails and over a week later and it's still not resolved.
Similar experience on two different award stays - close to giving up
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dambus

Similar experience on two different award stays - close to giving up
Don't give up! I ended up complaining to [email protected] and a few days later received a reply from the original agent, quoting the customer care email, announcing that the nights had been posted. They also thanked me for letting them know that it was an award stay, as if that was the issue. I didn't bother to say that I had told them that 5 emails ago!

If all else fails, the lurkers here are a great help.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1MM, AA Plat 2 MM, Marriott Ambassador & LTP, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Hilton Gold, United Silver
So they missed my 1000 checkin/amenity points. Isn't that an automatic $100 for failing to meet an elite benefit?
-Shaown

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.