Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
The bill should show what the room cost was and the prepaid amount. I'd take it up with the property that they are reflecting it incorrectly.
I agree it should but it doesn't lol. Attaching my bill as well

Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
I assume this was a personal stay and not a business stay since you have nothing to submit for an expense reimbursement.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by controller1
I assume this was a personal stay and not a business stay since you have nothing to submit for an expense reimbursement.
Correct. This was a personal stay. I never even looked at the bill.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:50 pm

Alright after 20m on the phone it looks like it was just a mess up on the hotel's side. They found the bill through the folio number and were able to credit me the points/nights. I haven't received anything but they say it should show up in the next 2-3 days.
controller1 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:06 pm

I wonder if these miscredits are as a result of hotel level incompetency or having system integration issues. Having said that, this was a Springhill Suites.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 9:56 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by myperks
I wonder if these miscredits are as a result of hotel level incompetency or having system integration issues. Having said that, this was a Springhill Suites.
The Bonvoy program became official on February 13, and my stays stopped crediting on February 14. Coincidence? Or a new enhancement to the program ;-)

I now have 3 stays at separate properties that haven't credited. My bet would be on some broader systems issues and not a one-off at each of the hotels. I haven't had to fill out a missing stay request in years, but my first one is going in today as it's now been 10 days, and it looks like there will be 2 more after that.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by gcashin
The Bonvoy program became official on February 13, and my stays stopped crediting on February 14. Coincidence? Or a new enhancement to the program ;-)

I now have 3 stays at separate properties that haven't credited. My bet would be on some broader systems issues and not a one-off at each of the hotels. I haven't had to fill out a missing stay request in years, but my first one is going in today as it's now been 10 days, and it looks like there will be 2 more after that.
I've had another stay that ended on 2/21, and typically from experience it posts on 2/23. Have a feeling this will be a missing stay request as well.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
I have noticed in my last 4 stays in the last month or so, that 1/2 of the stays arent posting. Is it just me or is this the new norm? With Starwood I would have a missing stay every few years.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by omghaxcode
Alright after 20m on the phone it looks like it was just a mess up on the hotel's side. They found the bill through the folio number and were able to credit me the points/nights. I haven't received anything but they say it should show up in the next 2-3 days.
Typically when someone (phone, email rep) manually credits your account you should see the points almost immediately in the mobile app (maybe 20 minute delay). They are about 24 hours delayed if you are looking through the website.

I still believe that the website only does a data dip once a day and that's why points are so slow to update there. On the mobile app it checks the 'database' each time you load it so it's more current.

-RM
Old Feb 24, 2019, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Typically when someone (phone, email rep) manually credits your account you should see the points almost immediately in the mobile app (maybe 20 minute delay). They are about 24 hours delayed if you are looking through the website.

I still believe that the website only does a data dip once a day and that's why points are so slow to update there. On the mobile app it checks the 'database' each time you load it so it's more current.

-RM
I see it now online but thanks for the tip.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:16 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I haven't had a single stay credit automatically thus far this year (5 stays, all Ritz and St. Regis properties). I will say that the turnaround time on credit requests, however, has been super fast (<24 hours).
Old Feb 25, 2019, 8:20 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by LIH
I haven't had a single stay credit automatically thus far this year (5 stays, all Ritz and St. Regis properties). I will say that the turnaround time on credit requests, however, has been super fast (<24 hours).
Agree turnaround time has been fast but in my experience manual posts of points have frequently been wrong (and never on the generous-to-the-customer side). Each time I've requested manual credit, it's been only for the room rate, not including any ancillary spend -- and I know that some types of ancillary spend don't earn points, but even ones that I'm sure do earn points haven't posted through the manual process.

What's worse, I've yet to find a standard Marriott customer service channel that is able/willing to help with correcting these errors; the only luck I've had is with the FT lurkers.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: None - previously UA
It has taken me several emails and it's coming up on a month now and my stay at a Protea property has still not posted, they sent the request to the wrong property, even though I provided the link to the correct property in my email. I really feel like there should be some sort of compensation for this level of frustration in getting points posted.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Commie
Same here, none of the stays after Feb 14th is posting to my account. Prior to that, my posting was always within 72 hours.
Well at least the report missing stays portion of the website is working well. I submitted a missing stays report for the one that was exactly 10 days without posting, I attached the PDF folio as part of the case. A day later, I get an email that the points would be posted within 24 hours. I checked and it was indeed posted.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Commie
Well at least the report missing stays portion of the website is working well. I submitted a missing stays report for the one that was exactly 10 days without posting, I attached the PDF folio as part of the case. A day later, I get an email that the points would be posted within 24 hours. I checked and it was indeed posted.
That sounds like they're improving their turn-around time as the last one I submitted took three weeks for an acknowledgement and a month tor resolve the issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.