Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Amex Centurion, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Beginning with a stay in late December, I've had to write in to get 5 different stays credited now. I've never had to write in before. Today I wrote in and even received a reply that the couldn't verify my stay even though I attached a copy of the folio! What is going on? I stay at Marriott to achieve the elite nights and benefits. If I have to re-prove all my stays it's really a pain in the rear. Anyone have any ideas of what I've stopped doing right? Why did this happen all of a sudden?
Same thing for me, and also started with my last stay in late Dec 2018. Since then, my stays haven't been showing up. I even downloaded the Marriott app (used the SPG app previously) thinking that they were deprecating the SPG app already. Every single time I've had to email in to my ambassador with my folio to get my stay credited.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
My stay at the now closed Westin Taipei from 12/29-31 hasn't posted. It's especially annoying as this will put me to 76 nights for 2018 and Platinum Premier. Plus if I have to ask for retro claim it's not like Marriott can verify my stay with a now closed hotel.
I finally received my missing stay after several calls and emails to Marriott for the Westin Bund on 12/29-12/30. Now if I can get them to post my Mendoza stay on 1/1-1/3, I should be all caught up.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 12:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Beginning with a stay in late December, I've had to write in to get 5 different stays credited now. I've never had to write in before. Today I wrote in and even received a reply that the couldn't verify my stay even though I attached a copy of the folio! What is going on? I stay at Marriott to achieve the elite nights and benefits. If I have to re-prove all my stays it's really a pain in the rear. Anyone have any ideas of what I've stopped doing right? Why did this happen all of a sudden?
I have been having issues suddenly since late November. The only thing I can think of is that I think all of my missing stays have been ones where I originally made the reservation on the SPG booking system, then the relevant SPG brands moved to the Marriott booking system by the time of my stay. In all cases, my account number was clearly attached to the booking since the hotels could see my elite status correctly.

I did have a Le Meridien Angkor stay post recently 12 full days after I checked out. I think that booking had been made after LeM transitioned to the Marriott booking system, so I guess they sent my record to HQ by steamer ship?

I have a few more recent stays pending and I guess I'll just wait it out for a while to see if I get any more super-late postings like the LeM. One of the relevant bookings was an award stay at the W Maldives with a large amount of eligible-for-points incidental spend, and the track record of getting incidental spend credited correctly when manually having a stay credited is quite bad. I had some eligible F&B and spa spend at the W Amsterdam in November that didn't post when I had that stay manually processed, and I have pretty much given up trying to chase it because the customer service channels are too incompetent to fix it correctly.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
The IT meltdown continues....

14 nights this year (with 2 nights yet to be credited), however my “nights” count only shows 9

Thankfully its it’s essentially irrelevant for me as I’m LTPP, however it does make me question the ability of the IT department to count
Old Jan 26, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Wickersley
The IT meltdown continues....

14 nights this year (with 2 nights yet to be credited), however my “nights” count only shows 9

Thankfully its it’s essentially irrelevant for me as I’m LTPP, however it does make me question the ability of the IT department to count
You might want to post that in the Website Issues thread as I believe Marriott IT is monitoring it.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by margarita girl
You might want to post that in the Website Issues thread as I believe Marriott IT is monitoring it.
Figured out the issue - only legacy Marriott nights are posting, SPG are not added to the count.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Wickersley

Figured out the issue - only legacy Marriott nights are posting, SPG are not added to the count.
Great.

You should still report it.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
I'm having to use the report missing stays function for about half of my stays, regardless of L-Marriott or L-SPG branded property. I've also noticed that the app frequently shows points and nights faster than the website, which will typically show points, and then the nights catch up several hours later. Anyways, just another data point...and still very annoying to have to audit everything.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:59 pm

Missing nights and stays...

Called in and rep told me “they will be posted by the end of the year. Call in again if not”

me: “like the end of 2019?”
her: “yessir”

Things have gotten soooo bad.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by jason_stn21
Missing nights and stays...

Called in and rep told me “they will be posted by the end of the year. Call in again if not”

me: “like the end of 2019?”
her: “yessir”

Things have gotten soooo bad.
Please tell me you got a name and reported the response. Or at least did HUCA to get someone willing to help.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Please tell me you got a name and reported the response. Or at least did HUCA to get someone willing to help.
Yes, for the record HUCA and fixed. Took another 30 mins but two stays nights and points posted.

Best advice I can give is HUCA.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:47 am

I've been chasing down some missing meeting credit (10 night credit) for a few months. Submitted to corporate in early December for a meeting in late September. Corporate responded in early January that the property needs to fix it. I've had a long email exchange with someone at the property, who has been very helpful, but the most recent I heard from her was that the "sales team" at the hotel has decided that I'm not eligible for the nights credit. I asked why several days ago and haven't heard back. My name is on the event contract and I put the charges on my credit card, so I'm not really sure what the problem is. Anyone have any ideas? (Before anyone asks, I haven't "named and shamed" the property because from all appearances it looks like they're trying to handle this in good faith, I just think they've got it wrong.)
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matravelguy
...............but the most recent I heard from her was that the "sales team" at the hotel has decided that I'm not eligible for the nights credit. I asked why several days ago and haven't heard back. My name is on the event contract and I put the charges on my credit card, so I'm not really sure what the problem is........
It depends on your contract. Time to dig out that contract and read it.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
It depends on your contract. Time to dig out that contract and read it.
Why would it depend on the contract? It's an advertised benefit of the Marriott program, and the program terms don't say anything about separate contractual requirements other than that the program member has to be on the contract with membership number provided.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by matravelguy
Why would it depend on the contract? It's an advertised benefit of the Marriott program, and the program terms don't say anything about separate contractual requirements other than that the program member has to be on the contract with membership number provided.
You have the ability to negotiate just about anything, some specifically push for a lower rate if benefits are not paid. Others may negotiate other services such as conference/hospitality room rental credit in lieu of benefits. Not surprising for the one negotiating the contract to not be concerned about what the guests get, but probably not the case here. Regardless, still wise to review what as signed before claiming something is missing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.