Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decentmove
Wow. Can it get any worse!? That's the lowest blow I've read about in a while amidst all the other nuisances coming forward with the whole thing. Couldn't you prove anything to them with the help of your reservation confirmations which you received by e-mail?
I had reservation confirmation email from spg.com as well as BRG/LNF approval email. BRG/LNF can only be booked via spg.com or marriott.com. Nevertheless, Rewards rep didn't consider those as proof and still insisted that I booked via third party. After I finally got one-time-exception, that Rewards rep ended phone call with "please be sure to book direct next time in order to receive stay/points credit". I didn't want to argue further as my account received one-time-exception.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 5:31 pm

What a disaster.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
Did you book your stay on spg.com but stayed after system migration? I had same issue where my BRG approved rate was from spg.com but system migration changed it to third party rate. I finally got a one-time-exception after multiple emails and phone calls, albeit with less points than I should have received. Both the hotel and Rewards rep insisted that I booked via third party and do not qualify for stay/points credit. I asked them which third party I booked from but they kept repeating that I booked via third party without identifying which third party.
Booked on SPG web site (and BRG) pre-merger/migration.
Not worth my time to call and maybe get credit as points worth crap now and I do not have enough stays to make a difference. I have moved my primary hotel to ICH - Hilton and others next. Free agent!
Old Dec 24, 2018, 7:19 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by matravelguy
Update to post #218 : I heard back from the hotel, which told me that after the merger it is unable to adjust the points for a past stay. So go ahead and add to the list of things that phone rep didn't understand: the "solution" of opening a ticket with the hotel doesn't solve anything.

I tried again today and got a different phone rep who told me to send the folio to research@starwoodhotels, so I've done that. But Lurkers (if you're monitoring this thread) - wasn't there some person we could contact by phone to fix this? I thought from the posts above that calling in was the recommended method for fixing problems like this.
Have you had any luck with the follow up? Im in a similar scenario with a stay at a St Regis during the system change 3 night post and 3 pre. I got one folio posted so am missing the first three nights and like you got no room points just points on some incidental spend. Have got absolutely no where - latest I got was that the folio and points have posted and they are pleased to have been of assistance. But this was the original incorrect one and nothing changed. So basically six night at a St Regis has earned me 3 nights and 550 (3 drinks at the bar) base points and delayed me earning my 75 nights
Old Dec 24, 2018, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by chitraveler1975
Clearly the new standard of customer service is that of the horrible rep I spoke with today, who told me:
- the hotel is always right, not the customer
- the published terms and conditions mean whatever she interprets them to mean
- if I challenge her, she will write disparaging remarks in my account

I would be ready to abandon ship here but for my relationship with a number of excellent legacy starwood hotels I visit frequently - anyone have any experience migrating to Hyatt?
In the "for what it's worth" column, my points from my Westin stay in the last week of November posted today.

Now, on to your next question. I've been with SPG/Marriott since 2001. I have over 1.7 million points and have earned lifetime Platinum status with Marriott, meaning that I get lounge/breakfast included for me, which is the most important benefit to me. In other words, I've been pretty loyal.

But in January, I'm moving to Hyatt. I had already made that decision before the screw-up regarding my stay not posting. In fact, there was no single incident that drove me over the edge. Rather, it was simply the slow decline of Marriott benefits and the recent increases to Hyatt's Globalist status (Yes, I'm moving to Hyatt even with the ridiculous names they gave their elite levels.). It's also nice to be able to earn elite nights even more easily with the Hyatt credit card than I do with Marriott.

Lesson to hotels: You can cut back a benefit, save some cash and customers probably won't notice. Then, you can cut back another benefit, save some cash and consumers still may not notice. But there will be a tipping point at which you cut an amenity to save a few pennies and the customers say "enough is enough." Believe it or not, we do pay attention to the value that we receive.

Mike
Bigshaker, Dedicated and RogerD408 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by chad75

Have you had any luck with the follow up? Im in a similar scenario with a stay at a St Regis during the system change 3 night post and 3 pre. I got one folio posted so am missing the first three nights and like you got no room points just points on some incidental spend. Have got absolutely no where - latest I got was that the folio and points have posted and they are pleased to have been of assistance. But this was the original incorrect one and nothing changed. So basically six night at a St Regis has earned me 3 nights and 550 (3 drinks at the bar) base points and delayed me earning my 75 nights
No luck at all. I emailed research@starwoodhotels on December 6 and got an automatic reply email saying that it can take "up to 10 business days for a response." Still haven't heard back, and it's now been something around 12-13 business days (depending on how you count Christmas Eve - I won't hold that against Marriott, but 10 business days expired on the 20th anyway). I'm not optimistic that I'll hear back within the next few months even, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Originally Posted by mikeef
Lesson to hotels: You can cut back a benefit, save some cash and customers probably won't notice. Then, you can cut back another benefit, save some cash and consumers still may not notice. But there will be a tipping point at which you cut an amenity to save a few pennies and the customers say "enough is enough." Believe it or not, we do pay attention to the value that we receive.

Mike
Completely agree. Marriott may not notice or care but I shifted about $3k of business to Hyatt in December mostly because of this posting issue. I just wasn't willing to risk coming up a couple hundred bucks short of Ambassador status and not finding that out until the middle of January when it's too late to fix it, and since Marriott couldn't get its act together to respond to my missing points request in three weeks and counting, I decided to play it safe and go elsewhere.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Having the same issue for a St Regis stay. The hotel cant send me the folio for 12/10-12/11 portion of the stay and havent yet gotten credit for that night...Banging my head against the wall.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
What's the deal with clicking "Download Bill" for a particular stay just redirecting to the Activity page rather than downloading the bill? I'm seeing this happen more and more.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold
Anyone else not getting credited for December stays?

Its like my account was frozen in December. Ive had 3 stays in December and nothing has been posted. Ive provided my folio and have gotten the standard 10 business days to look into this but it has been radio silent. Am I alone here?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 5:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Me too! Had 4 nights in KL two weeks back and it hasnt posted.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
What's the deal with clicking "Download Bill" for a particular stay just redirecting to the Activity page rather than downloading the bill? I'm seeing this happen more and more.
Marriott IT at its finest.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by matravelguy
No luck at all. I emailed research@starwoodhotels on December 6 and got an automatic reply email saying that it can take "up to 10 business days for a response." Still haven't heard back, and it's now been something around 12-13 business days (depending on how you count Christmas Eve - I won't hold that against Marriott, but 10 business days expired on the 20th anyway). I'm not optimistic that I'll hear back within the next few months even, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised......
My impression is that Marriott is simply overwhelmed by missing stays due to IT issue. I have been patiently waiting and often hear back from Marriott after 30-45 days. I think Marriott does try to get back to you. It just takes a while. For December 6 filing, you should hear back sometime in January. Interesting to note:,missing stay requests filed via web link seems to process faster.

Last edited by TerryK; Dec 27, 2018 at 6:32 am
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
I hope they ll take this into account for the elite gift choice. As per T&Cs you have to chose by 15th or 16th of January if I recall correctly. But if the end of December stay does not post on time some may wont be able to chose the gift and get the 5 SNAs automatically ... I ll hit the 75 nights on 30 th of December and would like the free night .
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I still haven't had a 6 night stay from early November posted. I got the 10 days email three weeks ago and still not a peep. Waiting till after the holidays to try again. Very poor customer service IMHO.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Mine seem to be for stays AFTER Dec. 10 not posting.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.