Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:23 am

I had some bonus points (for booking a particular type of room) missing for a stay in mid-Feb. Regular points posted fine. Emailed Bonvoy yesterday afternoon (Sunday). This am got an email from the hotel concerned (personal email), an auto from Bonvoy saying points had posted, and more importantly, the points in my account. While of course the points should have posted at the time, this is an impressive response.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards
Lots of problems with stays not posting this year, but usually response is quick and posts quickly after that (few hours).

Just submitted a mssing stay request for 5 nights, after 10 days, and got a response in 4 hours, and the points seem to have posted in the next hour or two after that. My total nights haven't updated however, at the same time. The stay entry in recent acitivity has the correct check-in and check-out listed.

So, newbie question: Is this normal, and it'll update in the next 24-48 hrs, or am I in for some annoyance? If the latter, is there a correct course of action, given I've already filled out a missing stay report?
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
I had a stay last week that didn’t post. Looks like the Bonvoy change caused a lot of glitches.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Is there any time limit on when the missing stays are requested? I don’t feel like chasing them after each and every stay.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:23 pm

Time lag for posting stays at US hotels

What is a reasonable period to wait for a stay (at a US hotel) to post on the Bonvoy site?
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Recently, I've had stays post up to 11 days after my stay finished.

To be snarky and directly answer the question you asked, I'd say that stays should post immediately. Or perhaps the next day.

What I've found to be more-normal than my 11-day timeframe mentioned above is to have stays post some time on the second day after my stay ends. So if I check out on Thursday, then the stay usually posts some time on Saturday.

-mvitale
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:41 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by puchong
What is a reasonable period to wait for a stay (at a US hotel) to post on the Bonvoy site?
The Member FAQ says 10 business days.

Q: I was not credited for points I earned from a past stay. What should I do?
A: If you do not see points credited from a past stay, please submit a missing stay form. Please note it may take up to 10 business days after checkout for a stay to post.

I hope this helps.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
I personally find that if the stay doesn’t post within 72 hours of check out, it’s not posting by 10 days (and then I’m submitting a missing stay request).
My husband was missing a lengthy stay last month and I kept pestering him for the folio so I could submit. It finally posted without my intervention 27 calendar days after check-out.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
My stay in Anaheim a couple of weeks ago posted 48 hours after checking out, last week I had a stay in the RDU area that took 72 hours to post. I don't think I ever had to wait longer than that.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:02 pm

I've had some post within two days, others take ten days.

I have had hotels i stay stay at on a Thursday post earlier than the hotel I stayed at the preceding Tuesday.

Ive become patient with it. In all the years I think only once did I have to submit a missing stay request, but yes, it takes almost the full ten days sometimes.

I have wondered if it if it is the property doing something rather than Bonvoy.

Mike

Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by puchong
Reasonable? 2 days
Expected? 10 days
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
My current lag time: after 2 days of check out and around 11 AM Mountain.

That being said, different parts of the website run at different rates. I usually see some indication of a stay's post through the Promotions as well as increments to the Nights Earned total on my Activity page before it actually shows on my Latest Activity sequence - at around 11 AM Mountain two days after the stay.

David
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: Yes
Long time Ambassador Guest from Starwood here..

Under Starwood, it would routinely be 48 hours, 72 hours at the latest.

Post 2018 merger, it's gone to 72 hours routinely and sometimes not even posting. Ambassador Service isn't any help either, quoting the 10 day rule from the FAQ before they can do anything to assist.

Make a reminder and follow up on it. This is the new normal.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Under Starwood, it was typically next day. Rarely varied. I am re-enjoying next day posting w/Hyatt. Amazing what competent IT can do for customer satisfaction.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Under Starwood, it was typically next day. Rarely varied. I am re-enjoying next day posting w/Hyatt. Amazing what competent IT can do for customer satisfaction.
Quite sad to see my AA miles posted way faster than Bonvoy now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.