Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
My experience with Marriott over the last decade has been that if it doesn't post within 3 days of checkout, it isn't ever going to post. Just set a reminder for yourself for day 10 and then submit the missing stay request at that point.
secretalcoholic likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
My experience with Marriott over the last decade has been that if it doesn't post within 3 days of checkout, it isn't ever going to post.
Well, PM I honestly never had a stay that didn't post, eventually (even overseas). How I remember the "consecutive stays 10-day 'rule'" was a decade ago, which was my first year traveling with 4BiBn/wk for a few years. My last stay before an upcoming leisure weekend put me at 74 nights, so since the next night was cheap, I just booked another night at the same hotel, so by the time of the trip I'd be Platinum. First (or second, I forget) stay shows up, not the other. Check the "missing stay" form, wouldn't let me submit 'till the 10th day was up. Go online to fill it out on Day 10, and there it was, finally. I then noticed this happened with every such consecutive stay pattern. Don't know if Post-Merger MR has the same systems, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Hated missing Plat by one night's credit before my leisure stay, but them's the breaks.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott/SPG, AMEX
My husband had 2 recent stays missing. One was a bit funky-needed to add a night but the Marriott site does not make that easy, so 2 1 night reservations with the second night posting but not the 1st. The other was a stay in another hotel/city for a stay the same week. I called (9 and 7 days, respectively, after the stays) and it was handled on the phone.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:02 pm

Same here, none of the stays after Feb 14th is posting to my account. Prior to that, my posting was always within 72 hours.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Checked out Monday, points credited today. That's a record for me.
N515CR likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: AC SE
I had a stay checking out on February 14 that still hasn't posted. It's from a hotel I've stayed at 10+ times before without an issue. I'd never had so many issues in having routine stays post until this year.
lbbzman and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Commie
Same here, none of the stays after Feb 14th is posting to my account. Prior to that, my posting was always within 72 hours.
It is a Marriott Valentine's treat for you
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:52 pm

I have several colleagues who are also missing points for their stays after 2/14. This seems like an issue. Is Marriott going to look into it or tell everyone to fill out their 10 day form?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:28 am

Is it only me, or do others also have to repeatedly submit the same receipt when addressing a missing stay through www.marriott.com? I've had this issue pop uptwice in the last week with missing stays from the past month.

"We are unable to process your request at this time because we did not receive an itemized hotel bill in your original notification. To help us facilitate your request please reply to this email with a copy of your itemized hotel bill. If the bill does not include the hotel name and location (City and State or Country) please include that information in your email."

I realize, judging from the names signed to these emails that English may not be their first language, but when the original electronic receipt is uploaded with the original submission, and it contains all details relevant to the stay, what is it that they cannot interpret? I've had to resubmit the exact same folio/receipt three times before it has been accepted and point/stay credit properly credited. And that only after I point out where on the folio to find my name, as well as that of the hotel, the dates of arrival/departure, where the booking was made, the amount paid and the method of payment. Is that not their responsibility?

I love modern technology as much as the next person, but with all the IT issues that I have seen occurring with Hilton, Marriott and UA, as well as global call/help centre outsourcing, I really miss the days of calling an agent based in Omaha or Salt Lake and resolving any issue immediately.

Last edited by flyme2; Feb 22, 2019 at 4:34 am
Old Feb 23, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Just another data point, had a stay that ended exactly on 2/14. Not posted either.

Typically my stays post 2 days after, so if it doesn’t I know something is up.

Have another stay that ended on the 21st so we’ll see if that one posts.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC SE
So, I now have stays checking out on the 14th and 19th and neither have posted yet. Seems like there must be some broader system issues going on, as it's unusual to have multiple stays not crediting like this. Others seeing the same issues? Sounds like at least a few others had issues with stays from 2/14.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
lol i just tried submitting a missing stay request and I can't even do so without an error message.
ethernal likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:10 pm

Stay didn't post because bill incorrectly showed $0

I stayed at a Springhill suites (Amarillo) 11 days ago and my night and points didn't show. I am titanium and booked direct. When I filled out the missing stay form and attached the digital receipt, I was denied because the bill shows the stay but says $0... I prepaid the room and I certainly paid but the bill doesn't show that. Anyone experience this? Anything I can do?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
The bill should show what the room cost was and the prepaid amount. I'd take it up with the property that they are reflecting it incorrectly.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
I have several colleagues who are also missing points for their stays after 2/14. This seems like an issue. Is Marriott going to look into it or tell everyone to fill out their 10 day form?
Same here. Two-night stay checking out on 2/14 and have received nothing. This is a legacy SPG property where I've stayed dozens of times and have always had credit 2-3 days after check-out including credit for a check-out in January. Tomorrow I'll file the missing stay request. It will be my first such filing ever as I was fortunate to have never needed one with Starwood.
lbbzman and gcashin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.