Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Jan 18, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
I had a 7 night travel package stay not post so I did a retro claim only to get this reply from Marriott

"We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Rewards member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name. "

So thats 7 nights and 4000points lost...

I have to say I am frustrated beyond my wits with this merger, the results have been bad for me, after I use my last two packages its time to cut loose from Marriott the customer service is slow and bad and their policies are frustrating.

Bonvoyage
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
In all my years as an SPG member, I only had to file one missing stay request; post 8/18/18, I've had seven.
Same for me, now that I think about it; only one missing stay in my time with SPG, but at least I've only had 2 stays not post since August instead of seven!

And I started out as a Sheraton Club member the year before SPG launched so I was literally a lifetime member of SPG

Last edited by yule_boy; Jan 19, 2019 at 10:00 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Altitude 100K Super Elite; AC Million Miles; Emirates Gold; Bonvoy lifetime Platinum Elite;
And here we go again...

"Thank you for contacting Marriott!
We have received your email. For your records, the following case number has been created: XXX
We are experiencing higher than normal email inquiries."

Wait 10 days. Submit your bill. Wait another 10 days... Book another stay. Wait 10 days. Submit your bill. Wait another 10 days...
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by TerryK
Not unusual, unfortunately. Reported by some FTers and yours truly. I had a three night paid stay, with restaurant charges, posted as 36 base point. I would have loved to pay $3.60 for that stay. I review all my post merger stays now.
they got back to me ... unfortunately my previously unused Marriott account was set to earn Delta Miles for some reason. When the accounts merged that setting took over. So for 4+ months I’ve been earning 900 skypesos a week instead of 8000 Marriott points. Clearly I’ve been getting screwed...
Old Jan 20, 2019, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by azeckel

they got back to me ... unfortunately my previously unused Marriott account was set to earn Delta Miles for some reason. When the accounts merged that setting took over. So for 4+ months I’ve been earning 900 skypesos a week instead of 8000 Marriott points. Clearly I’ve been getting screwed...
Clearly, you should have noticed before 4 months elapsed.

But you bring up a very good point. Wonder if others are having the same problem. Thank you for sharing.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
No points for incidentals on award stay?

About to give up chasing points for approx $500 of incidentals on my last award stay (Nov 2018). Are these no longer elible for point credit?

My first couple of attempts last year (via the SPG contacts and phone number) suggested the points would post eventually and it was just a system integration issue. However on my last call a few days ago the agent mentioned that the system was telling her no credit was due and there was no way to manually override?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dambus
About to give up chasing points for approx $500 of incidentals on my last award stay (Nov 2018). Are these no longer elible for point credit?......
It depends on nature of $500 incidentals.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by kauppias
I had a 7 night travel package stay not post so I did a retro claim only to get this reply from Marriott

"We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Rewards member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name. "

So thats 7 nights and 4000points lost...

I have to say I am frustrated beyond my wits with this merger, the results have been bad for me, after I use my last two packages its time to cut loose from Marriott the customer service is slow and bad and their policies are frustrating.

Bonvoyage
I had a 4 night stay in Vegas at the Courtyard Convention Center for CES. The first two nights were on credit card free nights and the second two nights were on points.. I charged room service the 3rd night. I got two folios for my stay there, one covering the first 2 nights and one for the second 2 nights.

The last two nights posted fine to my account but after 10 days, I submitted a missing stay for the first two nights. Got an email similar to you and immediately responded to that email with "what about my night credit". A few minutes later I got a second email (from the same person) telling me my account had been updated and would reflect the additional nights within 24 hours and they were there the next morning (along with some bonus points for some reason).

I'd follow up with them again. Unless I'm missing something in the T/Cs, you should still at least get night credit (although I'm still learning my way around Marriott, coming over from Hilton as I work on LT Marriott status)
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
About to give up chasing points for approx $500 of incidentals on my last award stay (Nov 2018). Are these no longer elible for point credit?

My first couple of attempts last year (via the SPG contacts and phone number) suggested the points would post eventually and it was just a system integration issue. However on my last call a few days ago the agent mentioned that the system was telling her no credit was due and there was no way to manually override?
I do believe the CSR is wrong and making up rules to match the error. It's much easier for them if they don't have to chase down the issue. You can try HUCA to see if you find an agent willing to actually look at the problem and work up a solution. Was the response from phone support or research? Contacting the Lurkers might get some traction too.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TerryK
It depends on nature of $500 incidentals.
About $350 on property food and beverage and $150 for a spa treatment?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About $350 on property food and beverage and $150 for a spa treatment?
F&B is eligible but I am not sure about spa charges.
Dambus likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I'll add to the misery of this thread...

Since September 18 I have had to file missing stays for 25 nights. I have just had another 5 nights stay this month not post.

On top of this a colleague of mine would stay in the same place, same price, status etc and every time we would get a different amount of points after each stay.

Dont get me started on green points never posting or the 'bonus' points...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why have my stays stopped crediting?

Beginning with a stay in late December, I've had to write in to get 5 different stays credited now. I've never had to write in before. Today I wrote in and even received a reply that the couldn't verify my stay even though I attached a copy of the folio! What is going on? I stay at Marriott to achieve the elite nights and benefits. If I have to re-prove all my stays it's really a pain in the rear. Anyone have any ideas of what I've stopped doing right? Why did this happen all of a sudden?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
New one for me:
Unfortunately we were unable to locate your stay information in our systems and have sent a request to the hotel on your behalf so that they can validate your stay.

I booked the stay in question on points at the JW Marriott Jaipur so I find it hilarious that all record of it has apparently vanished. Given how disorganised that hotel is, I suspect this is one I am going to have to escalate.

Something has happened over the past couple of months to make this far less reliable. 3/5 of my last stays failed to post. Prior to that, even during the merger in August, everything still posted automatically for me.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MrM2016
New one for me:
Unfortunately we were unable to locate your stay information in our systems and have sent a request to the hotel on your behalf so that they can validate your stay.

I booked the stay in question on points at the JW Marriott Jaipur ....
In that case, ask them to return the points that were deducted from your account! Bet you they find the reservation pronto.
MrM2016 and Will08 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.