Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: LH, PG, BA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I would start with the link in the wiki.
Anyone know what the response time is using this link. I submitted a claim two week ago and still not heard anything (other than an automated response giving a reference number). Is this normal or should I be following up?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Lobster
Anyone know what the response time is using this link. I submitted a claim two week ago and still not heard anything (other than an automated response giving a reference number). Is this normal or should I be following up?
It looks like the SPG and MR systems are not fully integrated yet as what Marriott is claiming

So many people are complaining about this issue of not posting SPG stays into MR account automatically.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP Lifetime Platinum, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
With 160 nights this year and lifetime play preferred I can’t get a response on the quarter million points they have ‘misplaced.’

Im done with these jokers.

Heading to Hyatt
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:01 pm

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
So my last 2 stays of 2018 didnt post, after I submitted the online claim the points posted but not the nights. I managed 77 nights in total so have qualified for PPE. So given everyone else woes with Marriotts IT, should I just forget them?
FWIW, everything else pre and post merger was fine, its just the December postings.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
First, compared with SPG, Marriott takes more time to credit nights and points. With SPG it was the day after check out almost all the time. With Marriott, the norm for me is the 2nd or 3rd day after check out.

Second, my stays with check outs of 26th December and 1st January haven't posted yet. For the one on 26th December, it was Moxy and the hotel replied saying they already sent everything to Marriott. Other stays around those dates posted in 2 days and were with Sheraton and Tribute, both legacy brands. So it seems odd that my missing stay is the one with a Marriott-legacy brand.

I'll wait a few more days and submit the missing stay. It's annoying because I'm at 48 nights and these 2 stays would put me at 51 nights. I should have already qualified with SPG-legacy 25 stays BUT there seem to be issues with this so I want to be over the 50 night mark.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have had more issues with stays posted with incorrect points instead of missing stays. Most of my stays are international and I suspect exchange rate table is messed up. One of my recent 3 night paid stay at Westin posted with 36 base points. I wish I had paid only $3.60, room rate plus incidentals, for that stay.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:28 am

This issue has been recurring for me since September at Sheraton's. I've stayed one each month and either a.) it never posted or b) twice it posted but didn't calculate the base points properly (would post maybe 27 base points, 15 elite points and 1000 bonus). I caught them and started examining every stay like a hawk. Hopefully, this hasn't been happening to me for years because I never really looked closely at the point calculations but if I hadn't the last few months I'd been shorted 20k-ish points.

Sad part is, on the last two emails to Marriott I try to be helpful and stated it's happened every stay of mine at Sheraton's and they don't even acknowledge they're going to look into the problem.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
I am equally fed up chasing stays since the 11th of Dec. Not one stay has posted in my account or my fathers account since then.
I must have sent 20 emails in the last week, along with the hotel emails trying to get the stays posted.

My ambassador has been cc'd in all emails and up until today has not once responded to myself or the hotel emailing her. today she asked the hotel to send over PDF copies of the stays - which were actually in the email trail. Not one response to me either from my ambassador - just a canned response from someone replying on her behalf.

Its a complete mess and i am wondering if its every stay for all guests at hotels moved over to Marsha on the 11th.. seems to be given the number of emails.

I really dont know if its worth relying on marriott in the next 6 months for any stays as they seem to be in a complete mess unable to post any stays properly unless you wait 10 days then send over PDF copies.

shambles
Old Jan 3, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by ImprovGal
My aloft stay that checked out on 12/23 posted on 12/25 (points appeared first, then the night and listed activity posted later in the afternoon). I had a Westin checkout on the 24th and I see the points increase, but not the night or listing yet. Sheraton checkout in the 25th not yet appearing.

i also have a stay from mid August that is correctly counted in my totals on app and desktop, but only actually appears listed in my activity on the app, not desktop.
It turns out i was incorrect. The Westin stay never posted. The points i saw were associated with the Sheraton stay. I submitted the Westin folio via the missing stay link, but am getting a bit anxious as I was requalifying my Platinum on exactly 25 Starwood stays. I'm kicking myself for not having an extra in there as insurance.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My stay at the now closed Westin Taipei from 12/29-31 hasn't posted. It's especially annoying as this will put me to 76 nights for 2018 and Platinum Premier. Plus if I have to ask for retro claim it's not like Marriott can verify my stay with a now closed hotel.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:53 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Automatic Point And Stay Credit Sucking Post Merger

Well, I've stayed at 12 separate properties since the merger of the programs and the end of the year and currently, I'm at 50% for points and stays being credited to my account automatically after checking out. Hows it working for others? It does not seem to be brand specific issue.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Mine are also not brand specific but I've had 3 not post at all. Sometimes the Make A Green Choice points will post and that's it. I work with one of the lurkers who can help me get the stays posted because the phones and Missing Stay Request are utterly useless now.

However, I've had 25+ stays since the merger so my percentage is running just around 12%. Note: the "view all" activity on my profile only goes back to mid-September. Guess I either have too many records to display or their website just sucks even more than I thought.

-RM
seat38a likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by seat38a
Well, I've stayed at 12 separate properties since the merger of the programs and the end of the year and currently, I'm at 50% for points and stays being credited to my account automatically after checking out. Hows it working for others? It does not seem to be brand specific issue.
I’m gonna say it’s a rampant problem given that we have a thread that’s a Sticky to discuss the issue.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 9:20 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
All except 1 stay posted incorrect or not at all....
that's since mid Dec...
1 out of 10....
After merger i didn't stay because of the troubles. Looks like it didn't get better...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 3:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by stanontour
Its a complete mess and i am wondering if its every stay for all guests at hotels moved over to Marsha on the 11th . . . .
That sounds quite possible. All my previous post-merger stays had credited, but most recent stay (post-Dec. 11) at SGS has not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.