Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by cfischer
[email protected]
it is not really that difficult to find. You can also submit a missing stay request online.
In the wiki for this thread, you will find the link recommended by the Lurkers for missing stays.

Last edited by margarita girl; Dec 27, 2018 at 8:32 pm Reason: removed redundant link
Old Dec 27, 2018, 6:01 pm

margarita girl, your link is not working.

edit: now it is.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by decentmove
margarita girl, your link is not working.

edit: now it is.
It redirects to this thread, so I’ll delete it.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
My accounts are linked but not combined and my MR account has been consistently saying that I've had no activity since some date in early October despite a lot of (paid) legacy Marriott nights since then. OTOH, those nights won't impact my status so I''ve been procrastinating on putting in the time and effort to get it fixed, although of course I eventually want all the points I earned.
I recall reading some past posts where the linking of accounts has no benefit now. You are not allowed to move points between accounts and your status match has been applied. If you have your highest tier established in your accounts separately, then no rush to combine. If you need the combined nights to count for the January sweep, then you should move now to combine them. All we know at this point is that they are expecting to run the sweep sometime in January, and we're not likely to get a heads-up a few days before. We do not know if they will use the date of the sweep or some arbitrary "as of" date to determine what your night total will be. And I suspect MPG will not be too generous in manually updating accounts after the fact.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 11:56 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Had another pre-paid LC stay booked and payed for before the system change over post with no points for the actual room rate - just incidentals. I'm out by about 60k points in December due to this ongoing error. . Currently at the Grande Bretagne in Athens for a six night prepaid stay - so likely not going to get those points either, if/when the stay posts in early Jan.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Here's a new one. I had 5 night award stay at Royal Palms in Miami last March. It posted at the time correctly and even as late as Dec 5, it was still correct and looked like:

This week on 12/27, I just happened to notice that it now says 4 nights:

I really don't know if my yearly total when down one as at 109 nights I haven't been paying close attention. Other stays look ok.

Anyone have a clue why the night disappeared. I definitely stayed 5 nights using points.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Here's a new one. I had 5 night award stay at Royal Palms in Miami last March. It posted at the time correctly and even as late as Dec 5, it was still correct and looked like:

This week on 12/27, I just happened to notice that it now says 4 nights:

I really don't know if my yearly total when down one as at 109 nights I haven't been paying close attention. Other stays look ok.

Anyone have a clue why the night disappeared. I definitely stayed 5 nights using points.
Sounds like another IT foul up. Presuming you used the 5th night free benefit. Guessing the system may have seen the free night and decided you shouldn't get credit. That is wrong so it needs to be reported and fixed.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Sounds like another IT foul up. Presuming you used the 5th night free benefit. Guessing the system may have seen the free night and decided you shouldn't get credit. That is wrong so it needs to be reported and fixed.
Boggles the mind that they are going back to (incorrectly) fix stays that posted in Mar instead of fixing all the present issues!
Old Dec 29, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Boggles the mind that they are going back to (incorrectly) fix stays that posted in Mar instead of fixing all the present issues!
Exactly my thought. There are so many issues with the posting of actuel stay AFTER changing the the super douper new (old) computer system.
If you are have regular hotel stay, lets say each week 1 to 3 nights you really get out of control if the posting does not work. I'm not willing ot act with
Excel spreadcheets and rund behing my faulty posted stays/night/point credits.

If this will not change by begin next year - not a long way anymore - I WILL change my Hotel Programm.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Different people doing different things. As many have called this a CF, imagine a lot of people running in different directions and bumping into each other (memories of old Keystone Cops scenes). Imagining Marriott being able to coordinate all the activities that make up Marriott is what boggles my mind. Evidence seems to prove they can't.

Where I used to work (fortune 100), they described themselves as a ship with the CEO at the helm. In like terms Marriott seems like a flotilla of dinghies in rough seas!
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 7:17 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Different people doing different things. As many have called this a CF, imagine a lot of people running in different directions and bumping into each other (memories of old Keystone Cops scenes). Imagining Marriott being able to coordinate all the activities that make up Marriott is what boggles my mind. Evidence seems to prove they can't.

Where I used to work (fortune 100), they described themselves as a ship with the CEO at the helm. In like terms Marriott seems like a flotilla of dinghies in rough seas!

That's very generous! I'd suggest half of the flotilla is at the bottom of the sea.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am a Marriott Platinum member. I stayed in a Le Meridian Cairo Airport for two nights a week ago and until now the points or the stay are not posting in my MR account!!

What I should do and whom I shall contact to solve this issue?
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Yes I used 5th night free (and paid 5 nights worth of expensive "resort" fees), but if that is the cause it is totally inconsistent as I have other 5th night free award stays (both legacy SPG and Marriott) and they were not changed.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobUAIntl
Yes I used 5th night free (and paid 5 nights worth of expensive "resort" fees), but if that is the cause it is totally inconsistent as I have other 5th night free award stays (both legacy SPG and Marriott) and they were not changed.
The only consistency with MPG operation is the consistent foul ups. We are dealing with a moving target and I don't expect things to settle out anytime soon. Just like the CSRs do, we can only guess as to why things went sideways. The really tough part is finding a CSR that sees the issue as a problem and is willing/able to initiate a fix, be it a manual adjustment or a full-on IT investigation. Don't give up, keep them honest.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I am a Marriott Platinum member. I stayed in a Le Meridian Cairo Airport for two nights a week ago and until now the points or the stay are not posting in my MR account!!

What I should do and whom I shall contact to solve this issue?
I would start with the link in the wiki.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.