Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Mar 27, 2022, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by UndercoverOscarMunoz
You have to subtract taxes and fees before you get 10 base points per USD. With GBP, it just so happens that the VAT and fees are about the same as the USD exchange rate, so it looks like you're getting 10 points per GBP, when in fact you are actually getting 10 points per USD minus taxes and fees.
ah ok good to know, thank you. i didnt catch the "before taxes and fees" bit.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
error in posting

Last edited by phxbarcelona; Apr 6, 2022 at 9:54 pm Reason: error in posting
Old Apr 6, 2022, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by northernstar84
Until end of 2021 the points came always 1 or 2 days after check out

Since this year I only have problems. Points come 7 days later or many times I need to request them.
My stays were all in Europe

Is there a general problem?
I am in the same boat. 10 stays in 2022. Every single one needs a manual intervention after failing to post after 2 weeks. Across multiple brands. Very frustrating and no one at Bonvoy even acknowledges it
stuartpig likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 10:00 pm

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
I am in the same boat. 10 stays in 2022. Every single one needs a manual intervention after failing to post after 2 weeks. Across multiple brands. Very frustrating and no one at Bonvoy even acknowledges it

Same here, 1/6 stays this year have been posted automatically, the one in question in NYC. European and middle east stays have all been posted only when making a claim, around 3 weeks after stays. Somethings certainly wrong
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I had a stay last week at a the Athens Marriott where my points usually post rapidly. As of today I still have no credit but more interestingly the stay has disappeared from my past stays in my account so I know that there is a problem.
Old May 3, 2022, 9:00 am

Do I use that missing stays form if the hotel posted points but at a much lower level than expected?

CAD 530 room rate plus 190 room charges before taxes

but only 3500 base points posted (plus elite bonus plus welcome)
Old May 6, 2022, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
No points for dollar/points stay

I recently opted for a dollar/points stay for the first time. After the stay, I received three different bills via email from the hotel: 1) a bill showing the amount I paid in dollars with my credit card, 2) a bill showing I paid nothing, 3) an odd bill showing a charge for an item from the Market that was offset by my $10 food and beverage credit from being an elite, so again showing a charge of 0. After about 10 days, the stay was finally posted to my account as 0 points and just 1 night credited stay (instead of 2 nights credit per the bonus in effect); the bill attached to that stay was #3 above, which made no sense. Does anyone know whether mixed dollar/point stays are supposed to earn points on the dollar amount paid and also earn the double nights per the current promotion?
Old May 24, 2022, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crimsona
Do I use that missing stays form if the hotel posted points but at a much lower level than expected?

CAD 530 room rate plus 190 room charges before taxes

but only 3500 base points posted (plus elite bonus plus welcome)
I'm wondering the same thing. Just completed a stay that was 220 Euro a night (event rate that included breakfast so it shows as "package" on the bill). Including elite bonus, I received a paltry 2447 Marriott points which makes absolutely no sense.

By contrast I got stuck in DC on the way home from that trip and spend one night at a hotel Marriott at a much lower $189/night (and only for one night) and received 4318 points including all bonuses. ...? Makes no sense
Old May 24, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, A3 Gold, M&M Senator
For stays in non USD currencies I have to ask them to adjust about 80% of all stays. They happily do it, but it's really annoying and a lot of extra work..
Old May 24, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: NZ*G, MAR Titanium, HLT Diamond
Originally Posted by canael
For stays in non USD currencies I have to ask them to adjust about 80% of all stays. They happily do it, but it's really annoying and a lot of extra work..
Exactly. I don't know what the exchange rates their system uses but the fact that their manual adjusts can be done with relatively accurate rates means that this stuff may be more than accidental system errors. I doubt most people would be bothered to calculate the points after each stay and imagine how much Marriott would have gained.
Old May 24, 2022, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canael
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Exactly. I don't know what the exchange rates their system uses but the fact that their manual adjusts can be done with relatively accurate rates means that this stuff may be more than accidental system errors. I doubt most people would be bothered to calculate the points after each stay and imagine how much Marriott would have gained.
Yeah a big pain. In this case it was a 5 night stay so we're talking they gave me 827 base points (before Titanium bonus) on a 1100+ night stay which is shorting me by an absurd amount. I'm sure most people would just brush it much to Marriott's advantage
Old May 25, 2022, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The odd thing is I emailed the hotel first to ask and their response was "we've passed your concerns along to Marriott" -- umm what? Can't you all just do it correctly?

So I guess I need to wait for 10 business days to pass and submit a formal claim
SPN Lifer and Jiatong like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I had a stay last week at a the Athens Marriott where my points usually post rapidly. As of today I still have no credit but more interestingly the stay has disappeared from my past stays in my account so I know that there is a problem.
I have two recent stays in Europe (Prague) that have not posted and both have also disappeared from my past stays in my account. The system is breaking down for me too.
Old May 30, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by lotemblizej
I have two recent stays in Europe (Prague) that have not posted and both have also disappeared from my past stays in my account. The system is breaking down for me too.
I sent a request off to one of the Lurkers to help after the 10 day period and they then posted it manually.
Old May 30, 2022, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
I sent a request off to one of the Lurkers to help after the 10 day period and they then posted it manually.
Thanks for that tip. Good idea.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.