Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:12 am

Ive had a stay not post and it's been over 10 days now (submitted missing stay) and has crossed into the new year.... What makes it worse is that the stay would have made me an ambassador. Now that all the nights and spend have been wiped, I'm not counting on it updating correctly without me actually speaking to someone about it.

I understand there are always IT issues as I do work for a large tech company, but this is pretty basic and to first wait 10 days before submitting a missing stay request and then waiting another 10 days is not good enough....
Old Jan 4, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by seiken27
Ive had a stay not post and it's been over 10 days now (submitted missing stay) and has crossed into the new year.... What makes it worse is that the stay would have made me an ambassador. Now that all the nights and spend have been wiped, I'm not counting on it updating correctly without me actually speaking to someone about it.

I understand there are always IT issues as I do work for a large tech company, but this is pretty basic and to first wait 10 days before submitting a missing stay request and then waiting another 10 days is not good enough....
Welcome to FT!

Just call CS. They will post the stay while you’re on the phone. You don’t even have to wait 10 days.
SPN Lifer and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Welcome to FT!

Just call CS. They will post the stay while you’re on the phone. You don’t even have to wait 10 days.
Thanks!

And as I expected, the nights and points were credited for last year and my spend and nights did cross the 2021 14K threshold for AMB status as confirmed by CS. CS escalated twice internally while i was on the call (She was awesome and so helpful btw!) and no one knew what to do....the escalated parties just said to wait till feb when it all resets or something, yet if it happened in 2021 it would have been updated. like what in the actual #$&$#6....

Also got an email from the report missing stay person saying that I didn't make amb status as I didn't meet the 20K spend in 2021......*shakes head*...
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I am beyond frustrated with Bonvoy stays not posting. I had maybe 10 stays last year, and 3 of the 10 didn't post automaticlaly. Coincidentally, 2 of the 3 that didn't post were very large folios ($2,000+ each). So without being accusatory, I find that highly coincidental.

Each time, customer service tells me to email them the folio, then several days later someone emails that they manually posted the points. In all of these cases, they posted only the room rate, and not incidentals. Also, they didn't always capture the bonuses (e.g., the welcome points). So I have to contact customer service again, who in-turn, re-escalates to another department, and another few days later they usually fix it.

What's really frustrating is that I end up spending my time to fix these issues. It's basically become my responsibility to monitor every stay, compare the points crediting and put in the work to sort it out. The fundamental issue is that the property and Marriott ultimately only have to provide the original points that I should have received, and there is nothing they have to lose by not posting them properly. It's not like they mess up and as a penalty for not posting them properly they have to post double the missed points.

In addition, the property should be responsible for paying for missed incentives under the Elite Program terms and conditions --> for example, failure to provide the welcome gift is a $100 cash payment in many properties. Having the front desk acknowledge my status when checking in and telling me they are doing something that they didn't do is ultimately a failure to provide the promised benefit. So those hotels should be required to pay these penalties, in addition to posting additional points as an incentive for not posting them.
EuropeanPete and Helpmeout like this.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 7:52 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by High Technology
I am beyond frustrated with Bonvoy stays not posting. I had maybe 10 stays last year, and 3 of the 10 didn't post automaticlaly. Coincidentally, 2 of the 3 that didn't post were very large folios ($2,000+ each). So without being accusatory, I find that highly coincidental.

Each time, customer service tells me to email them the folio, then several days later someone emails that they manually posted the points. In all of these cases, they posted only the room rate, and not incidentals. Also, they didn't always capture the bonuses (e.g., the welcome points). So I have to contact customer service again, who in-turn, re-escalates to another department, and another few days later they usually fix it.

What's really frustrating is that I end up spending my time to fix these issues. It's basically become my responsibility to monitor every stay, compare the points crediting and put in the work to sort it out. The fundamental issue is that the property and Marriott ultimately only have to provide the original points that I should have received, and there is nothing they have to lose by not posting them properly. It's not like they mess up and as a penalty for not posting them properly they have to post double the missed points.

In addition, the property should be responsible for paying for missed incentives under the Elite Program terms and conditions --> for example, failure to provide the welcome gift is a $100 cash payment in many properties. Having the front desk acknowledge my status when checking in and telling me they are doing something that they didn't do is ultimately a failure to provide the promised benefit. So those hotels should be required to pay these penalties, in addition to posting additional points as an incentive for not posting them.
I’ve been accused by overzealous colleagues for tracking all of my Marriott spend and stays in a spreadsheet but it’s served me well to ensure that I don’t get shortchanged.

As for the missing welcome bonus points… I am in complete agreement and gently remind the agents that I wouldn’t have wasted my time had the Hotel done their jobs correctly.
SPN Lifer and margarita girl like this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I thought I'd put this here, but I have reservations through Concur that don't show up in the app. When I look at the confirmation number it has some non-number characters at the end, so the app won't accept the inquiry. THis ends up causing me issues when it comes times to post if I don't give them my card at checkin.

Is this a known issue with Concur? I'd like to get the possibility of an upgrade and my folio sent to me after the visit.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PushingTin
I thought I'd put this here, but I have reservations through Concur that don't show up in the app. When I look at the confirmation number it has some non-number characters at the end, so the app won't accept the inquiry. THis ends up causing me issues when it comes times to post if I don't give them my card at checkin.

Is this a known issue with Concur? I'd like to get the possibility of an upgrade and my folio sent to me after the visit.
I have never had an issue w/ Concur and Marriott bookings. The letters don't make sense ... tried without them? You can call the hotel and have them add your MR# at which point it should show up in the app.
SPN Lifer and PushingTin like this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA OG-1K, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
I have never had an issue w/ Concur and Marriott bookings. The letters don't make sense ... tried without them? You can call the hotel and have them add your MR# at which point it should show up in the app.
It's just a 8 digit number followed by a 4 digit alpha-numeric. With our with out he ending, it doesn't work?

Calling hotel each time is going to be a PITA
Old Feb 8, 2022, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget

As for the missing welcome bonus points… I am in complete agreement and gently remind the agents that I wouldn’t have wasted my time had the Hotel done their jobs correctly.
What is the best way to get the welcome bonus points posted on my account? I have missed the welcome points in half of my stays in the past two months.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
What is the best way to get the welcome bonus points posted on my account? I have missed the welcome points in half of my stays in the past two months.
Call CS. They’ll post them while you’re on the phone.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
My family members and myself (a few Titaniums, a few Plats) never had big trouble getting our stays to post. Surely, there has been a missing stay once in a while but mostly, it all works well.
Unfortunately, there is now one property where my last five stays have all not posted. Talked to the front desk about it, but no improvement on my latest stay. I don‘t want to throw the property under the bus because it treats me really well whenever I stay there but on the other hand, I feel like there is something that they need to do about this and I suspect that I‘m not the only one having problems with them. What would you do about this situation?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; Marriott Plat; HHonors Diamond; Hertz PC
Trouble with multiple missing stays

I assume there is a thread for this but could not find it
Since the start of the year, I have now had 3 stays that have not posted at three different brands and 3 different hotels. They do not even appear in my past stays in the app but they did appear before and during my stay. Any ideas what is going on? I have the bills so I can file missing stay for each but I want to fix whatever is broken.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by phxbarcelona
but I want to fix whatever is broken.
Are you offering to take over Bonvoy's IT department and make the computer systems work?

The only way you can make your hotel stays post on time is to move to Hilton or Hyatt...
LovetoTravel83 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Call CS. They’ll post them while you’re on the phone.
Yes, I just called and the welcome amenity points were added right away. But I did not see the entries on my activity list. Under what header are these credits listed? Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kmxu
Yes, I just called and the welcome amenity points were added right away. But I did not see the entries on my activity list. Under what header are these credits listed? Thanks.
They just repost the entire stay and it will show up under EXTRA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.