Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Apr 21, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by bosman
I'm having a similar issue (cash upgrade and incidentals not posting on a points stay with cash upgrade). I have filled in the Missing Points form, but wasn't clear from the T&Cs whether I should expect a favorable outcome. TIA.
For anyone experiencing this in the future, Marriott replied to my Missing Points request to confirm that one does not get points for the cash upgrade. They did credit me for the missing incidental spend.
Old May 13, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
First stay in 8 months and, of course, it didn't post automatically.

I filled out the online form, only for the below response. The JPG I submitted was well within size limits, but let's ignore that for a moment. Does the copy provide any actual useful information? Why does it constantly refer to an email? The back end may send an email but the customer uses a form. How do you send multiple submissions using the form when you have lots of very large attachments? What is the call to action? Why has no basic review of all the fields I entered been carried out in the absence of the attachment? What do I ask customer service if I call them?

It staggers me how someone reviewed this copy and thought 'Yes that hits the mark for frustrated customers whose stays haven't tracked'.

Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy regarding your recent stay. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. Regrettably, I have been unable to open your e-mail attachment. If you only sent a message, please go to the following website to compose and submit a new e-mail:

https://www.marriott.com/sign-in.mi?returnTo=%2Floyalty%2FmyAccount%2FmissingSta yRequest.mi

If you attached files to your e-mail, it may be necessary to break them into smaller attachments and send each of the smaller parts in separate e-mails. Please be sure any attachments use .jpg, .pdf, or .tif formats to ensure they may be viewed.

Please be sure to include your Marriott Bonvoy account number with any documentation you send.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

MrM2016, if you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

https://www.marriott.com/help/loyalty-customer-support.mi

Thank you for supporting Marriott Bonvoy.

Anyhow, I've recompressed the JPG and resubmitted. At least I can be proud 'supporting Marriott Bonvoy'.
CO-PLAT and dkmatter like this.
Old May 16, 2021, 4:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
This has taken a turn for the bizarre. After receiving radio silence after resubmitting via the online form, I reached out to the Twitter team and got this back.

Hello again, thank you for your patience. We attempted to update your account with this missing stay and it did not work right on the spot. (this sometimes happens)
So, we created a case and sent this to be reviewed by the Missing Stay team (including the folio) - case reference xxxxxx. Give it a few days and you will see the stay on the account, or will receive an email should there be any issues.
A few hours later, I got a far less helpful email from the missing stay team.
This mail is to inform you that your missing stay request has been submitted for further review to the concern department, you may expect a response within five to seven business days.

The stay in question was 3 nights at the Courtyard Edinburgh on a flexible rate. I completed online check in without issue.

I'm very used to stays not posting, but this is a new low.
Old May 29, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Does Marriott realize they lose money over this? I had a three night stay at Four Points SF Bay Bridge that would have pushed me to platinum and hasn't posted. Since I won't make Platinum in time for my trip next week, I'm booking with Hyatt.

This is my second stay of the year that hasn't posted automatically.
UA-NYC, sammybk and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Jul 17, 2021, 4:07 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

My first stay for a while... and my points didn't post. A 2 night pre-paid stay at the Cardiff Marriott. My question... I filled out the missing stay form, but didn't receive any acknowledgement that my request had been received. Is this normal?

I only filled the form yesterday, so I'm not expecting the points immediately. But I'd have expected at least a "Thanks, we've received you claim, your points will post in the next 10 days" type email.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
On July 4, I had some mystery points appear in my account under the heading:

MAR BV AX GAS DIN MARRIOTT BON

I had no idea what this was for but it was just over 1000 pts so I promptly forgot about it. (I know someone else mentioned this in another thread but canít remember which one.)

Today I got the following email from Amex US. I presume that explains the extra mystery points. Anyone else?
We've issued Marriott BonvoyTM Points to your account listed above.

Making sure you know about any mistakes we find is important, so we'd like to explain what happened and what we've done to make it right.

What happened

Because of a technical error, we didn't issue you the Marriott Bonvoy Points you earned for an eligible American Express Offer(s) you enrolled in. We sincerely apologize for not issuing these Points when you were expecting them, and for any confusion this may have caused.

We issued Marriott Bonvoy Points to your account

To make things right, we issued the Marriott Bonvoy Points to your account. You'll see this reflected on an upcoming statement.

We've taken care of everything for you

While there's nothing further you need to do, you can track your credits, manage your account, and reach us anytime at americanexpress.com.

Thank you for your continued Card Membership.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2021, 8:17 am

Programs: Virtuoso Luxury Travel Agent; Bonvoy Titanium Elite; Hilton Diamond
Iíve had three consecutive stays not post as they usually do. Anyone experience the same?
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:39 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
Ridiculous low points awarded - Clearly an error from Marriott/Bonvoy

Oh dear... Not even sure how this is possible.

Had a 4 nights stay at Marriott Copenhagen and spent around USD 1'225 (DKK 7'790) which should have gotten me roughly (10x 1'225 = 12'250 points + 500 bonus points + 3'062 (25% of 12'250) = ) 15'812 points

I received 189 + 500 + 47 = 736 points.

I have, as of today 20.08.21, added a claim the missing points through the missing stay option after having tried to inform them twice already (via the app and the feedback form - not expecting the feedback form to action anything).

I did get a questionnaire on how my in-app experience was and if the reply(?) was satisfactory (which I clearly never received).
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:42 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Was it all accommodation or any incidentals. I have had occasion where only got points on incidentals rather than room rate.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Presumably you booked directly with Marriott. I have seen glitches where the hotel pretends that the booking was from an OTA and not eligible for points.

Stuff like this usually gets fixed quickly though via the missing stay form.
Cupart likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 8:30 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
I find it funny that when I stay at mid to high tier hotels my points are always messed up if it's missing welcome points or only one room out of 2 or 3 are credited. I stay at my local Courtyard or book multiple rooms? Correct every damn time to the last point.

Missing stay form or Ambassador if you have access.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I wonder whether someone assumed that OP's bill was in a different currency.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 11:26 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I wonder whether someone assumed that OP's bill was in a different currency.
I've had it happen where the currency exchange was done multiple times this reducing the final total it was fixed eventually, but luckily these are rare occurrences
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I have experienced the same problem with bills issued in GBP. Most likely it is a currency conversion problem courtesy of Marriott IT. You need to contact customer service and provide them the bill.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by X-ON; Aug 21, 2021 at 2:46 am
Old Aug 21, 2021, 6:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver, IHG Gold, RH VIP
UPDATE: As stated in my initial post, I sent a note to the Bonvoy team and it was fixed within a few hours after my mail sent to them and after my FT post, so all is now good...

Just surprised that the "bug" causing this, and as it seems like I'm not the only one, is not being fixed...

PS. All my Marriott chain hotel bookings are done directly through the Marriott website so should not be that difficult to have the points added correctly
SanDiego1K likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.