Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Nov 26, 2020, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Hi justinj,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your missing stay. We can check on the status of your report and have a look at the points you believe are incorrect if you'd like. Please send a Private Message with your full name, Marriott Bonvoy number, and mention which posted stay you want us to examine.

Thanks,

Robert V.
Social Media Liaison
Many thanks, have dropped you a PM.
Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks again

J
Old Jan 6, 2021, 9:22 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
SLA for stay posted in the account

I checked out on 3-Jan (Asia time zone) and until now I have not seen the stay posted in my account.

Normally if I check-out on Monday, I will see the stay posted on Monday (Tue at the latest) evening Asia time (Monday morning US time). Now it is almost Thu morning in US.

Is this because year end process?

I also have not seen my number of year of platinum to be updated.
Old Jan 11, 2021, 1:39 am

Originally Posted by lingua101
I checked out on 3-Jan (Asia time zone) and until now I have not seen the stay posted in my account.

Normally if I check-out on Monday, I will see the stay posted on Monday (Tue at the latest) evening Asia time (Monday morning US time). Now it is almost Thu morning in US.

More than a week now, and still not posted
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .59 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Years of Marriott Bonv°y Platinum Elite status usually do not update until the end of January, and for some unfortunate guests afflicted by Marriott IT, until February or March (or later).

There are several threads on this.

Years of status is available (2018-2019)

Issues, glitches and data inconsistencies with the 2019-2020 rollover process

One more year in my lifetime statistics added this week! (Marriott's delay in demoting me from Titanium to Platinum got me two extra years of MileagePlus Premier Silver) (Post # 43)

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jan 12, 2021 at 11:03 pm
Old Jan 11, 2021, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
More than a week now, and still not posted
Call CS. They’ll post the stay while you’re on the phone.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
My 30 Dec still hasn't posted - I uploaded via missing stay form and got an email saying they're having IT problems affecting postings due to a system change and that it will take another 3-5 business days for someone else to respond. Rather annoying because that was my 75th night and so my account still hasn't ticked over to titanium yet.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Call CS. They’ll post the stay while you’re on the phone.
I called and I was told it cannot be done. She asked me to fill up a missing stay claim form.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I called and I was told it cannot be done. She asked me to fill up a missing stay claim form.
HUCA

I called about 4 days ago. Agent asked me to email her my folio. Points were posted immediately.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
HUCA

I called about 4 days ago. Agent asked me to email her my folio. Points were posted immediately.
maybe only work in North America
Old Jan 13, 2021, 7:47 pm

Originally Posted by Isochronous
My 30 Dec still hasn't posted - I uploaded via missing stay form and got an email saying they're having IT problems affecting postings due to a system change and that it will take another 3-5 business days for someone else to respond. Rather annoying because that was my 75th night and so my account still hasn't ticked over to titanium yet.
Well the agent told me yesterday, this period is a busy period. I told her, I can understand if this is a normal time, but now we are in pandemic. I am very sure the volume is not as high as the usual year end period.

Having said this, so Marriott should be aware, the year end is the busy time, but yet they are still doing system change? I really cannot imagine this.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 7:59 pm

Programs: Southwest Companion Pass holder and A List Preferred. Marriott Platinum
Hey all,

Recently stayed at a resort where it was a points stay with cash upgrade but charged a lot of things to the room. Do incidentals and cash upgrades (e.g $75 dollars a night) translate to points earned on stays? I'm not seeing it on the app. but it also says the bill needs to be finalized (when I click the stay under account activity)
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:42 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Booked directly and stay/points has not posted, this is for a promotion that gives me a free night after each of the 2 stays. Now I see the status of the promotion saying it has "ended". Any past DP on having this corrected retroactively once I submit the missing stay?
Old Apr 19, 2021, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
When stays do not post, has anyone noticed a pattern?

For example, are there any specific hotels that are more likely to not post and require manual processing for a stay?

Also, upthread, I read that if I book a hotel in my name but use my partner's credit card, I am technically not allowed to get any points. Is this still the case? Will this make it more difficult to get points if they do not post? The folio is under my name.

Thank you.
Old Apr 19, 2021, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by ayande176
Hey all,

Recently stayed at a resort where it was a points stay with cash upgrade but charged a lot of things to the room. Do incidentals and cash upgrades (e.g $75 dollars a night) translate to points earned on stays? I'm not seeing it on the app. but it also says the bill needs to be finalized (when I click the stay under account activity)
I'm having a similar issue (cash upgrade and incidentals not posting on a points stay with cash upgrade). I have filled in the Missing Points form, but wasn't clear from the T&Cs whether I should expect a favorable outcome. TIA.
Old Apr 20, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, AA EXP
Update here.

I called the hotel about the missing points. They actually were able to call Marriott directly and were able to get the points and nights posted immediately.

I imagine the hotels must have a special number to call.

Originally Posted by Xero
When stays do not post, has anyone noticed a pattern?

For example, are there any specific hotels that are more likely to not post and require manual processing for a stay?

Also, upthread, I read that if I book a hotel in my name but use my partner's credit card, I am technically not allowed to get any points. Is this still the case? Will this make it more difficult to get points if they do not post? The folio is under my name.

Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.