Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by estedman
Anybody know when the Courtyard bonus points (2000) are supposed to post? My regular points and elite points posted but not the bonus.
U booked the 2k extra point rate? If so, 90% of the time I have to reach out to the hotel
estedman likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA MM PP, MR LT Plat, Globalist
Alaska Air paid for my Sheraton room with a voucher. I got club access and the check-in agent asked for my amenity choice - and I chose points. She also suggested I would get elite night credit.

Ten days later and nothing. Is Marriott supposed to give amenity points and credit?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by eethan
Alaska Air paid for my Sheraton room with a voucher. I got club access and the check-in agent asked for my amenity choice - and I chose points. She also suggested I would get elite night credit.

Ten days later and nothing. Is Marriott supposed to give amenity points and credit?
Only if you paid for the room yourself. Even if a relative/friend paid for the room with their credit card, you wouldnít be entitled to points/stay credit. Itís all in the T&Cs. Sorry.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 11:49 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
I tried twice yesterday to report a missing stay only to receive an notice in my email of a delivery failure. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by abk
I tried twice yesterday to report a missing stay only to receive an notice in my email of a delivery failure. Anyone else having this problem?
Same here as well, tried several days ago and yesterday as well. Is it the "Hop count exceeded -- possible mail loop" error?

When the website was working before, I previously received a missing stay confirmation/follow-up from [email protected], so I tried emailing that address directly. Got a response within 24 hours confirming the credit, so it seems to work for now...
Old Oct 7, 2019, 8:34 am
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Same here as well, tried several days ago and yesterday as well. Is it
When the website was working before, I previously received a missing stay confirmation/follow-up from [email protected], so I tried emailing that address directly. Got a response within 24 hours confirming the credit, so it seems to work for now...
Yes it was. I tweeted them last week and they are aware of the issue. I just tried again and if it fails which I expect it will since I didn't receive the auto reply then I will do it your way.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedRicer
Same here as well, tried several days ago and yesterday as well. Is it the "Hop count exceeded -- possible mail loop" error?

Reporting via the website failed (hop count exceeded) twice for me too. Emailing received a reply within a few hours
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I just posted my missing stay request yesterday (day 10) for a points stay. Do they send you some sort of acknowledgment that they got your filing?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
What should I do if points posted correctly, but nights did not?
I had a stay consisting of 2 back-to-back reservations (same hotel, same room, same folio, etc.). Points not posted automatically, so I filled the missing stay form, attached the bill and described the situation in the comments field. In a few days I received all of the points, but only half the nights (for the second reservation only, it seems). Tried e-mailing at the address mentioned a few posts earlier and received no reply. Any advice? Lurkers?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:54 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by Temedar
I had a stay consisting of 2 back-to-back reservations (same hotel, same room, same folio, etc.). Points not posted automatically, so I filled the missing stay form, attached the bill and described the situation in the comments field. In a few days I received all of the points, but only half the nights (for the second reservation only, it seems). Tried e-mailing at the address mentioned a few posts earlier and received no reply. Any advice? Lurkers?
We would be happy to look into this for you further.

Please email us a copy of your hotel folio/bill so we can proceed further. You can email us at [email protected] .

Best regards,

Chantelle S.
Social Media Team
Marriott International
[email protected]
Old Nov 9, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, IHG
Just as the Marriott system did not, the Bonvoy system does not pick up the earlier reservations from back-to-back reservations. When my Wednesday - Thursday reservation points showed up this morning, 2 days after checkout, I called to have the points added for the earlier reservations. The woman who helped me with this problem last week was very nice, understanding, and hoped that the programmers would fix this problem. Since they haven't managed to fix it for over 5 years, that is probably not going to happen. But it was nice to have some understanding of the problem. This person also mentioned that people who have Aloft reservations have been having to call because there is a problem with the system picking those up. Mine is for a Courtyard, but this representative was good at customer service. The person who added my points today was the complete opposite. He was belligerent, kept saying he didn't understand why I had back-to-back reservations at the same hotel, and that he was adding the points, but that it normally took 10 days. Since the system would never pick up the missing days, that is a ridiculous posture. The difference in my two experiences is stark. I am very angry today, and was very happy last week. It would be nice if the representatives understood the problem with the programming and sympathized with us having to call instead of blaming us.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:00 pm

Does anyone know if there is a magic trick to getting points to post when dining outside of a stay? On the off chance a property even knows what the "Members Dine More" form is, even when filled out it takes many inquires to the property and Marriott in order to get it to post and then usually they just post the points and the qualifying dollars don't show up. I honestly don't care about the points near as much as the spend as I'll be borderline on the $20k spend this year and I'm missing several hundred dollars of dining spend and that might be be the difference between Ambassador and Titanium in 2020.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Either things or getting better or people have stopped complaining. This thread is practically dormant now. A bit of both for me. If nothingís posted after a week, I just call CS and they post the pts while Iím on the phone. Easy peasy. But itís definitely an infrequent occurrence now.
After monitoring it for a year and seeing dollars (most important for me) post within a week. Now suddenly I'm at 9 days with nothing. Same hotel I've used for nearly a year. Only difference is I booked a second room while I was there for a colleague which should be credited to me as well. Neither have posted.

They set up this system and can't provide timely data. My goal is to spend $20,001 with them, not over shoot.

I'll sick my Ambassador on them Monday if they don't show up by then, but I shouldn't have to even worry about this.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond AMB
And pretty much the same happened again to me in a different hotel. Only difference is that points posted automatically, but again I only got nights from the first reservation.
Lurkers - should I use the Report Missing Stay link?
Everyone - shall we call it a known issue of Marriott's IT?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 7:33 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
And pretty much the same happened again to me in a different hotel. Only difference is that points posted automatically, but again I only got nights from the first reservation.
Lurkers - should I use the Report Missing Stay link?
Everyone - shall we call it a known issue of Marriott's IT?
Hello Temedar, If you send a Private Message or email us at [email protected] with the confirmation numbers for both stays, your full name, and your Marriott Bonvoy number we should be able to get that fixed for you.

Thanks,

Robert Vleck

Social Media Liaison

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.