Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2018, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by sinfonia
Wait. This is news to me. If someone else pays - another individual - not a room block, not master billing, not insurance, not a company, but a person - I still do not get points? I am asking because I have received points this way before and told that if it was a company paying, I would not, but if it is an individual, I would.
As we know, what's in the T&Cs is not always what the program does. A lot depends upon what the property does and how they code the stay. There was a report some time ago of an FDC deciding credit was not due when using a CC with your company name on it! That got squelched. Another issue popped up where a spouse paid closed out the folio with their CC on a joint account and since it had a different name, credit was denied, that too go fixed. The T&Cs said, member must stay and pay for the room(s) to get credit. I agree there are a lot of corner cases out there and that's way we must travel defensively by knowing the rules and how to work them to our advantage, the program is not going to do that for us. I remember a promo maybe a year or two ago where if the folio was not closed out with your card you did not get credit, so the solution is to get the other person to pay down the bill, but leave at least a dollar for you to close out on your own. It worked!
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by RogerD408
As we know, what's in the T&Cs is not always what the program does. A lot depends upon what the property does and how they code the stay. There was a report some time ago of an FDC deciding credit was not due when using a CC with your company name on it! That got squelched. Another issue popped up where a spouse paid closed out the folio with their CC on a joint account and since it had a different name, credit was denied, that too go fixed. The T&Cs said, member must stay and pay for the room(s) to get credit. I agree there are a lot of corner cases out there and that's way we must travel defensively by knowing the rules and how to work them to our advantage, the program is not going to do that for us. I remember a promo maybe a year or two ago where if the folio was not closed out with your card you did not get credit, so the solution is to get the other person to pay down the bill, but leave at least a dollar for you to close out on your own. It worked!
Wow. Thanks for all of this background and history. I was not aware of all of this. I will keep all of this in mind as I try to attain these points.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 1:50 am

How to claim for missing award stay?

I had an award redemption stay recently, which I understand are treated as qualifying night and stay. But because I don’t have any other incidental expenses aside from the points redemption, I didn’t receive a bill on checkout. No surprise the stay wasn’t credited to my account along with the welcome gift points. What’s the best way to get this regularised? The website missing claims function requires you to attach a bill.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I had an award redemption stay recently, which I understand are treated as qualifying night and stay. But because I don’t have any other incidental expenses aside from the points redemption, I didn’t receive a bill on checkout. No surprise the stay wasn’t credited to my account along with the welcome gift points. What’s the best way to get this regularised? The website missing claims function requires you to attach a bill.
That's why I always get a bill at check-out even if it is a $0 bill. You can send an Email to [email protected] and attach the Email confirmation of the hotel booking. Put in an Email that the award stay has not posted yet and you'd like the night and Plat bonus posted. That should work.
If the stay was in the past 5 weeks ... wait a bit longer ... they are still posting stays.
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
All of my missing stays posted this morning.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
The last stay I had posted was two weeks ago. I'm now manually submitting each stay as a missing stay once ten days has passed. This is frustrating, particularly as Marriott's system doesn't even acknowledge the missing stay request submission with an email confirmation as SPG did and even IHG (!) does.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:38 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
I had my last two stays posted but points for the second room (booked and paid under my name) are missing and Plat gift points are missing too....
Both hotels assured me that I would have had points for the second room as well.
I filed a request but no answer at the moment....
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
I had my last two stays posted but points for the second room (booked and paid under my name) are missing and Plat gift points are missing too....
Both hotels assured me that I would have had points for the second room as well.
I filed a request but no answer at the moment....
were they on the same bill? Or did you get 2 bills, one for each room? The key is to have all charges on a single folio, else it will pretty much guaranteed not credit.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:33 am

Emailed the hotel for a missing stay that has yet to post and this was the reply.

Dear Mr XXX,
Renewal Greetings from The Westin Singapore.We have looked into your reservation further and noticed the SPG number tagged was a refresher number of your old SPG number xxxxx to xxxxxx. You also have an active Marriott account zzzzz which was the search result from your email address. Account xxxxx is currently inactive and we believed you have done combining account of both your SPG and Marriott. Rest assured we have wrote into SPG to correct the posting to account zzzzz. Please let me know if there is anything else we can be of assistance.
Thank you.With kind regards

The same issue has happened with 3 other legacy SPG stays. I don't get why the system is still reflecting my old SPG number.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
I waited about 3 weeks but my stay did not post. Called Marriott and they were able to fix my missing stay and I was able verify in my activity. Strangely the app update my activity right away but the website took a couple of hours.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 6:10 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Originally Posted by cfischer
were they on the same bill? Or did you get 2 bills, one for each room? The key is to have all charges on a single folio, else it will pretty much guaranteed not credit.
No, they printed two bills, but with my name and #marriott on it, and the reservations were for two rooms...

I hope that the email customer service will rectify that sigh

Update: everything has been fixed now ^

Last edited by GoldenItalianBoy; Sep 10, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I have two outstanding award stays both at the same hotel; meanwhile, a paid stay there between them has posted correctly!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Emirates Silver, Virgin Silver, Marriott Titanium
Never had this happen to me before - the points for my stay were up in my account before I'd even checked out! I happened to go into the app on Sunday to cancel a forthcoming reservation and saw the points total were higher than when I'd looked at it the day before and when I checked it out, I saw that I'd already got the points for the hotel I hadn't yet checked out of!!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: AS MVPG MR Platinum Prem
Did I miss somehow that charges for f&b charged to the room are not going to earn points at RC anymore? I thought incidentals were supposed to now earn points.

I finally had a post 8/18 stay activity show up on my account, but only earned points for the room rate + plat bonus, no additional charges (of which there was a lot).

Another thing I noticed was that after I checked out, the trip stayed on the "my trips" page for a few days with a new confirmation number and different date range! When I clicked on the details got an error message...

Last edited by hrdjeepzj; Sep 11, 2018 at 4:43 pm Reason: edit to clarify I'm asking about a post 8/18 stay
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Disc
Still waiting for an 8/13 - 8/17 stay to post. (Marriott Autograph Collection.) Waited two weeks and then submitted a missing stay report with a copy of my hotel bill. Got an email acknowledgement of my missing stay report a week ago. Still no action.

In the meantime, I've had two subsequent stays (both SPG) post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.