Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I completed a (2 rooms x 4 Nights) stay in a Four Points property. Each room was under a separate reservation. Both reservations were under my name.

One of the rooms stay got posted in my account immediately. The other one was not!

What I should do to have the second room stay get posted in my account? Will I get elite qualification nights for the second room or just the stay points+ Premium elite bonus points?
Submit a missing stay report and specify it's for a second room. The only benefit due is the points. They did away with night credit for more than one room last year.
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I completed a (2 rooms x 4 Nights) stay in a Four Points property. Each room was under a separate reservation. Both reservations were under my name.

One of the rooms stay got posted in my account immediately. The other one was not!

What I should do to have the second room stay get posted in my account? Will I get elite qualification nights for the second room or just the stay points+ Premium elite bonus points?
Wait 10 days. This was a frequent issue pre-merger MR, where either back-to-back or concurrent reservations at the same property didn't post the 2nd till 10 days later. I wouldn't worry just yet, it's SOP apparently.

Unless things have recently changed, you'll eventually get full elite credit for both.
NA-Flyer likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
I'm Scared to say things might be improving........

I am soon finishing up on 5 stays totaling almost 1 month. There were multiple rooms and dates as well as a duplicate night where I prepaid from the night before for early arrival......All Credited properly and correctly, except I think my bonus status nights.....but that is the least of my worries. For once in weeks I am not contacting my ambassador. Is it too early for a hallelujah????? Safe Travels to all! NYC
Ericdeparis and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
On the flip side, I just did my first Marriwood stay in a month (Sheraton Stockholm), and while the hotel experience worked out well, I was shorted 14% in points due to whatever currency machinations they use, and now have to go fight for that.

YMMV.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Unless things have recently changed, you'll eventually get full elite credit for both.
There are a lot of conflicting reports about elite nights being posted for two room bookings at the same stay!

Lets wait and see how things will go.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:00 am

Opposite experience here. 4+ days since checking out of a paid stay at a rather expensive property and not a hint of stay credit pr points. Have never gone more than 72 hours in the past. Getting a bit concerned...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Opposite experience here. 4+ days since checking out of a paid stay at a rather expensive property and not a hint of stay credit pr points. Have never gone more than 72 hours in the past. Getting a bit concerned...
After not having a problem with points posting in probably 5 or 6 years, my last stay didn't post. I had to submit the missing stay request. Someone got back to me asking for more information, which I provided, and it was corrected that day (but about 12 or 13 days after the stay ended). I don't know if it's a merger issue or a property issue, but I suspect the latter. At least Marriott was responsive and quickly corrected the issue.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I had 2 consecutive one night stays at EWR last week. The second night was booked months ago with a LNF. I had to tag on a first night (using a AAA rate which was cheaper than my LNF rate) due to impending storm day of arrival. I know. I broke the LNF rules! Bwah-ha-ha.

Second night/stay posted correctly. Nothing for first night/stay.

So I'm afraid that this thread with one data point of one customer who says things are good may just devolve into another thread about Marriott's broken IT! So maybe we can just roll this into the "Stays not posting correctly thread".
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
I am soon finishing up on 5 stays totaling almost 1 month. There were multiple rooms and dates as well as a duplicate night where I prepaid from the night before for early arrival......All Credited properly and correctly, except I think my bonus status nights.....but that is the least of my worries. For once in weeks I am not contacting my ambassador. Is it too early for a hallelujah????? Safe Travels to all! NYC
Lucky you. To date, I'm out 8 nights across 3 stays this year (I only have 16 nights at the moment when I should have 24). Two of those stays have been "under research" for more than 10 days now...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I had 2 consecutive one night stays at EWR last week ... Second night/stay posted correctly. Nothing for first night/stay
Just like my post to the one above, at least pre-merger MR took 10 days to report the other (sometimes first, sometimes other) stays of consecutive stay(s) at the same property. I don't know if that's continued on post-merger, but it wouldn't surprise me if it had, and this is what you're seeing.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
What is Marriott Marquis program? Did it predate Marriott Rewards program?
I believe that is what it was called. The platinum cards I have (back when they issued cards) Says MARRIOTT'S CLUB MARQUIS Platinum Level Membership, and it was issued at 75 nights. This was back in the early - mid/late 90s. Marriott says that program was discontinued so those years don't count. I'm sure this isn't the case, just like your Marriott rewards nights and years still count even though it's been re-branded to Bonvoy.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MadMadso
..........just like your Marriott rewards nights and years still count even though it's been re-branded to Bonvoy.
Yes, Marriott Rewards nights were rolled into Bonvoy program. I have never heard of Marriott Marquis program but sounds like it is a level within Marriott Rewards, not a separate program. Then, it should still count.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by TerryK
Yes, Marriott Rewards nights were rolled into Bonvoy program. I have never heard of Marriott Marquis program but sounds like it is a level within Marriott Rewards, not a separate program. Then, it should still count.
Pre Marriott Rewards. Just like SPG used to be ITT.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:34 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
No Stays Posting since Bonvoy Introduction

Anyone else? Missing 2 stays.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I assume it'll be just like it used to be with Marriott. My stays have generally taken one to two weeks to post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.