Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Is it a pain to cancel a points+cash booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

I booked 2 points plus cash award booking in June for a stay in Amsterdam for next month. I now see that a new Renaissance Airport hotel will open for my dates and it costs less than the cash plus points rate.

I'm wondering how effective is the new program in handling getting 6000 SPG points converted back to the new SPG program.
​​​​​​
Any comments?

Thanks.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I booked 2 points plus cash award booking in June for a stay in Amsterdam for next month. I now see that a new Renaissance Airport hotel will open for my dates and it costs less than the cash plus points rate.

I'm wondering how effective is the new program in handling getting 6000 SPG points converted back to the new SPG program.
​​​​​​
Any comments?

Thanks.
Post-merger I've cancelled SPG award reservations made prior to August 18. The amount of points placed back in my account was correct with the 1:3 conversion rate. Data point: I only cancelled the reservations after I combined my accounts.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

​​​​​​
Any comments?

Thanks.
It took 2.5 weeks and two phone calls to get my points back (booked C&P pre-merger; cancelled post-merger).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.