Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

AmEx UK Bonvoy Card [General Discussion Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AmEx UK Bonvoy Card [General Discussion Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:12 am

I upgraded card Yesterday. Today, when I asked online chat, I was told my anniversary date is 11/1 (today). shouldn't it be the one of old SPG card?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:42 am

My formal complaint with Amex was upheld and they gave £150 compensation on top of the £50 credit I had already received. This was due to a few unsatisfactory calls, the SPG points delay and the failure to sort out the Marriott gold upgrade due to my Amex plat.

I’m happy with the outcome but it has been 9 weeks and they still haven’t upgraded my Marriott account to gold. Any tips?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 12:49 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by RupertC
If you took out an SPG Amex card just before the merger with Marriott, then it is very likely that your 10,000 Starpoints welcome bonus was applied incorrectly as 10,000 Marriott points.

As with other posters in this thread, I have been pursuing the matter with AMEX, and I spoke with an agent today.

The latest information is that the loss of welcome bonus is a known issue. As reported by PeeTee, it is looking to be corrected in November, The timing of the correction will be dependant on the cardholder's statement date.

Whilst the timing for resolution remains uncertain, it is good to hear that the points shortfall has been acknowledged by AMEX/Marriott, and is receiving attention.
Still doesn't appear to be any closer to being sorted. I spoke to an agent on Live Chat yesterday and was told "2-3 weeks" (again).
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:42 am

"by the end of the month" according to my latest webchat with them. what a joke
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
And "by December 26th" according to my webchat today (I have a chat reference for that and have said I'll be angry if it doesn't happen, not that it helps much).
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
I have noted in regards the bonus points for a new card the missing 20k points now show on my Amex site so I assume they will transfer next time the points go accross.

So it seems like progress finally!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:12 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: Lowly BAEC Bronze, VS, IHG Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
I have noted in regards the bonus points for a new card the missing 20k points now show on my Amex site so I assume they will transfer next time the points go accross.

So it seems like progress finally!
Likewise. Finally.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: AA, BA
My missing points were recently credited by AMEX, with a 10K uplift for my trouble.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat (+LTP), VS Silver
From the Bonvoy email I received earlier today - “More information about your current Credit Card will be coming soon”

Does this mean revised benefits as well as a name change?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Bizarrely, there are to be no changes to the card at all! They're not even changing the design of the card... just keeping the same old maroon design! We didn't even get to enjoy the nice SPG Purple US-Amex cards had.

Coming in February: Marriott Bonvoy™ will be the new name for Marriott Rewards®, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® and Starwood Preferred Guest®. It’s a modern new name for our powerful, combined loyalty programme.

After the launch, your Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express® Credit Card will stay the same and you’ll continue to receive exclusive benefits and rewards when you use it.

We’ll keep you informed of any upcoming changes. In the meantime, thank you for your loyalty — and here’s to new adventures.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Should there be a spend tracker for the signup bonus?

I can't see one in my online account. I swear I had one for my Platinum card.

Also, I have now spend >£1000 and haven't recieved the bonus either although I only tipped over the spend target on Saturday...
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Should there be a spend tracker for the signup bonus?

I can't see one in my online account. I swear I had one for my Platinum card.

Also, I have now spend >£1000 and haven't recieved the bonus either although I only tipped over the spend target on Saturday...
I have a new UK SPG Amex and also haven't seen the bonus progress bar. I haven't yet hit the bonus target (nearly there), so don't know how well the bonus is posting. Has the purchase that took you over the £1000 accrued any Marriott points yet? The Amex bonuses normally post with the purchase that took the card holder over the target.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ankomonkey
Has the purchase that took you over the £1000 accrued any Marriott points yet? The Amex bonuses normally post with the purchase that took the card holder over the target.
No, it hasn't accrued anything yet. The last points accrued were on 5/3 when my spend total was around £920...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
No, it hasn't accrued anything yet. The last points accrued were on 5/3 when my spend total was around £920...
It may just be a case of waiting then...
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Mine posted in the past couple of days from last month

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.