Marriott/SPG card bonus nights

Old Sep 25, 2018, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Marriott/SPG card bonus nights

I seem to have gotten a total of 35 bonus nights this year and I'm not sure how.

- Approved for older version of Chase Marriott personal September 2017, upgraded to the newest version of the card last month
- Approved for Amex SPG Biz October 2017
- Approved for Amex SPG Luxury last month
- Approved for Chase Marriott biz last month

I knew I was going to get the 5 nights for renewal of the older Chase Marriott personal. But somehow I have 35? I was going to complete the 16 night Plat Status Challenge on P2's account but my account shows I only need 15 nights to renew Plat for next year. What's up with the 35 nights??
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium, AC 35K
I got 15 per year with the Chase Visa (in Canada) but it got discontinued this year, so they provided an additional 15 nights as a "sorry for cancelling this great credit card". So that's 30 nights right there. Maybe you were in a similar situation?
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:14 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
15 nights each from the old version of Marriott personal card and Marriott business card upon account open or anniversary + 5 nights from SPG biz. I have got the same. 15 max as of 2019.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:25 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MalaysianJetSetter
I seem to have gotten a total of 35 bonus nights this year and I'm not sure how.

- Approved for older version of Chase Marriott personal September 2017, upgraded to the newest version of the card last month

I knew I was going to get the 5 nights for renewal of the older Chase Marriott personal. But somehow I have 35? I was going to complete the 16 night Plat Status Challenge on P2's account but my account shows I only need 15 nights to renew Plat for next year. What's up with the 35 nights??
It's not impossible given the 15 night groups from the Marriott cards and the fact that the limit goes into effect next year.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Probably a dumb question but do bonus nights remain in your account if you cancel a card from which you received said bonus nights? Considering dumping my Marriott business card at the one year anniversary but would prefer not to lose the 15 nights toward Plat for next year.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by MalaysianJetSetter

By my math, 35 is correct:

15 nights for Chase personal Marriott Visa
15 nights for Chase business Marriott Visa
5 nights for SPG Business

I think the bonus nights for the SPG luxury start in 2019. But in 2019, there will be a max of 15 nights total.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimmychang
15 nights each from the old version of Marriott personal card and Marriott business card upon account open or anniversary + 5 nights from SPG biz. I have got the same. 15 max as of 2019.
I didn't realize you get 15 nights for account open for the Marriott business. Also super surprised the nights for SPG biz posted already since I opened it in October. Hopefully it's not a mistake since this is 1 night shorter than the plat challenge!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.