Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Hotel email: [email protected]

This property was reflagged to become a Westin in 2018. Pre-2018 (and therefore SPG-era) reviews and discussion can be found in this thread :
Hapuna Beach Resort, Waimea, Hawaii [to become a Westin Spring 2018 after renovation] - FlyerTalk Forums
Print Wikipost

Hapuna Beach Westin Resort, Waimea, Big Island of Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2022, 2:01 pm

Just booked a 5 night stay here for mid December. As a Gold Member, it sounds like I shouldn't expect much from this hotel? Thanks.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Please Clarify For Me.

Originally Posted by seawolf
As mentioned in prior posts, continental breakfast is included for platinum and above if selected in lieu of points.
So, they give you the choice of either 1.) spend points for the hotel stay posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account. or 2.) continental breakfast? But if you eat no points for you for the stay?

Originally Posted by seawolf
Folio shows the platinum breakfast is $30 per person (waived). . . .
But then they waived it for you at checkout?

I might be confused. Or probably just missing something.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:02 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jayer
So, they give you the choice of either 1.) spend points for the hotel stay posted to your Marriott Bonvoy account. or 2.) continental breakfast? But if you eat no points for you for the stay?

But then they waived it for you at checkout?

I might be confused. Or probably just missing something.
The points being referenced is the Bonvoy Platinum benefit. Nothing to do with points for room rate/incidentals.

The $30 being mentioned is internal accounting for the Platinum continental breakfast.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 7:29 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jonlai9
Just booked a 5 night stay here for mid December. As a Gold Member, it sounds like I shouldn't expect much from this hotel? Thanks.
You should expect to have a great time at a wonderful hotel. But no you shouldn't expect any special treatment based on your status. This is a hotel where you have to pay for anything you want even with high tier status.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
You should expect to have a great time at a wonderful hotel. But no you shouldn't expect any special treatment based on your status. This is a hotel where you have to pay for anything you want even with high tier status.
good advice. Here currently, our 13th stay. This time Suite Nights did clear and as a Titanium, we have the continental breakfast. No parking charge for anyone this week (gates just up). Resort not full/crowded.

only surprise was wedding reception last night in courtyard by ballroom, parking garage and 80s series rooms with DJ blaring till midnight and loud clean up overnight. Major issue for guests in adjacent rooms with no reach out by hotel.

ocean absolutely flat, so snorkeling is terrific
small ring likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K /2mm / Marriott Lifetime Titanium , Hilton Diamond
And a recurring issue PSA:
you folio from this hotel NEVER appears in your account. You see “hotel bill is being prepared” for a year until it times out in past stays. 5 times in a row. So you might want to check out at the desk and let them provide you a printed folio
Old Oct 22, 2022, 2:17 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by cmculp
And a recurring issue PSA:
you folio from this hotel NEVER appears in your account. You see “hotel bill is being prepared” for a year until it times out in past stays. 5 times in a row. So you might want to check out at the desk and let them provide you a printed folio
hotel can also email folio. I checked out and received email without stopping by front desk.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 5:36 pm

Westin hapuna beach

I’m staying here right now I will post a review when we get home but I might be able to answer questions if anybody has them
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Roblal
I’m staying here right now I will post a review when we get home but I might be able to answer questions if anybody has them
Whats the weather like?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 2:54 pm

Weather

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Whats the weather like?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 2:55 pm

Weather

85-87 little clouds beautifull
dgreen12 and tattikat2 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Roblal
85-87 little clouds beautifull
perfect

enjoy your stay!
Old Nov 6, 2022, 9:34 am

duplicate
Old Apr 5, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Annoyingly, the beach bar (Naupaka) does not earn Bonvoy points when charged to the room.
Old Jun 23, 2023, 9:29 am
Original Member

FYI - I have a 5 day stay in the summer....Hotel slash $800 lower than Marriott's lowest rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.