Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
NOTE: no longer working (as reported Jan 2022 in post 195)

(Adapted from post # 165 from Fizzer)

1. Find the hotel's MARSHA code:

Go to or Google the hotel's web site, e.g. for the Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...s-on-sand-key/

The MARSHA code in this case is the 5-letter string in the URL before the property name: tpams

(FT shortens links for display; click on the link to see the full link in your browser's URL field)

2. Click on the following link, then change the MARSHA code for the property you want in place of tpams:

(or right click -> Copy Link -> Paste and substitute the code before pressing Enter)

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...rshaCode=tpams

3. Open the "Essentials" tab to find concierge and property email address.
Print Wikipost

Marriott hotels email addresses (Discussion Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Used to be like that with SPG. Marriott took it upon themselves to delete them all.
Yes I know. I REALLY miss SPG!!!! (lifetime titanium - earned before the merger)
Old Feb 21, 2022, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by The Road Goes On Forever
Property employees have zero control as to what appears/doesn't appear/is shared on the parent company website. That is tightly vetted and controlled by the company the same as Hilton (also to be honest, why would the staff want that out there anyway - no real upside for them). The only way around that would be for the property to set up some sort of social media page with a reliable contact option that is actually monitored and/or actually goes somewhere real but some franchise companies don't allow properties to have those which leaves zero as a realistic contact option past old school phone calls.
Yes, but they still have email and do use email to communicate with internet email addresses. Not sure if the Marriott hotels ever used to use intranet addresses to communicate with Marriott HQ, but they all seem to have at least some employees on email for external/public communications. Don't some of these properties still have their own website pages? If not, many of them previously and maybe still did seem to get onto having Facebook pages and may take some customer communications that way.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Yes, but they still have email and do use email to communicate with internet email addresses. Not sure if the Marriott hotels ever used to use intranet addresses to communicate with Marriott HQ, but they all seem to have at least some employees on email for external/public communications. Don't some of these properties still have their own website pages? If not, many of them previously and maybe still did seem to get onto having Facebook pages and may take some customer communications that way.
I agree staff have email addresses. My point is that whether a property employee (i.e. the GM) wants their email address shared or not via the company's official site, it's not their choice to make. At least back in the day, everything for Marriott's website ran through the office in Omaha. You could request XYZ be changed/added/edited for your property but they controlled it.

Each property gets charged per @marriott.com email address they have which is why the average limited service tries to have as few as possible. The GM will have one and so will the Sales Manager/Director but after that it's property by property as to what is allowed. A lot of franchisees have their own internal email systems that they want employees to use since they can manage it better and/or it's cheaper in the aggregate. A lot of your desk staff either have no email address or they are using a shared generic Gmail or Yahoo account. At the HIS I work at now, three people have official Hilton email addresses. The desk staff all share a generic Gmail account for outside communication which includes emailing the daily post audit financial reports to the franchise home office.

You could have a 300 room full service property with forty official email addresses and a 90 room property with two and everything in between.

I know that some places (usually full service/resort) will have their own websites, FB or Instagram pages but most properties in general don't and never will. At the HWS I worked at the Sales Manager set up a FB page for the property and after the owner at the time, Briad, found out they had her get rid of it. None of the other four properties I've worked at have any social media and none of the places in the area I work at have anything like that which I'm aware of. There is certainly no directive to have something like that and most people aren't taking on more work then they need to.
dw, GUWonder, KRSW and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold (LT), Nat EL Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
One can use the FB Messenger app without having to be a member of Facebook.

I find it useful when travelling to countries where I use my cell phone solely to connect to Wi-Fi. It certainly saves a lot of texting and phone charges.

I just typed in "SpringHill Suites Panama City Beach" in FB Messenger and, sure enough, one can send a message to them that way.

It might be time to download the FB Messenger app.

One can always delete the app once it has no further immediate utility.
But... you can't get back the information they took while it was installed.

Generally most people accept these and move on without a second thought. But for someone concerned enough about their privacy to not have / use FB, none of those issues are resolved by deleting the app after using it.
estnet and KRSW like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
When you download FB Messenger, you can deny access to most of those requests.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
When you download FB Messenger, you can deny access to most of those requests.
"most" just doesn't cut it for some of us.

And others of us who 100% refuse to give any of our business or info, even briefly, to that company, should have an alternative.
estnet, GUWonder, KRSW and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
It sounds like you should save the telephone numbers of upcoming properties prior to making reservations there.

I have such a contact list.

And I am by no means unsympathetic with or personally unconcerned about data privacy issues, having partnered with the USDOJ Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section (CCIPS) for 6½ years while an AUSA.
GUWonder and KRSW like this.

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Feb 25, 2022 at 8:45 pm
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:02 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Is this still working? Recently every time I try to look up a hotel fact sheet, I get the same error message
We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.
Soccerjoshj07 likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:54 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by escape4
Is this still working? Recently every time I try to look up a hotel fact sheet, I get the same error message
See the wiki at the top of the thread:

NOTE: no longer working (as reported Jan 2022 in post 195)
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:05 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Bummer! Zorak I completely missed that. Those fact sheets were useful to see the number of suites, age of construction, lots of other info.
KRSW likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: Aero Plan, Marriott, Air Miles
Totally forgot to update this thread,
I have completed the trip down to medellin and found the GM email address (Foupoint sheraton) thru the call centre and could able to contact ahead.
I really got a good response and was given free breakfast (gold elite) upgraded to suite room with balcony. Had an excellent stay with them for 5 nights and all in costed 50k total.
Old Apr 26, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Not only miss SPG putting email address, but how about missing the chat messenger feature?! That was GREAT and could resolve almost any issue more quickly than an email.
estnet and UA-NYC like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 3:44 pm

So is this new international Marriott standard post-COVID? Hotel pre-arrival email says contact us to discuss transportation options, replied to pre-arrival email but received no response after 2 business days (understandable given that it was sent from an individual's email and not a group email), ask Marriott corporate via social media for an email for the hotel, Marriott corporate gives one, receive immediate email undeliverable bounce back, ask Marriott corporate again to see if they can call the hotel to get an updated email, and they say sorry that's all we have - have a nice day. I guess titanium isn't enough to get a modicum of help anymore with the most basic concierge things, is being able to contact the hotel in advance now ambassador-only?
rt23456p and applesauce like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Nazdoom
So is this new international Marriott standard post-COVID? Hotel pre-arrival email says contact us to discuss transportation options, replied to pre-arrival email but received no response after 2 business days (understandable given that it was sent from an individual's email and not a group email), ask Marriott corporate via social media for an email for the hotel, Marriott corporate gives one, receive immediate email undeliverable bounce back, ask Marriott corporate again to see if they can call the hotel to get an updated email, and they say sorry that's all we have - have a nice day. I guess titanium isn't enough to get a modicum of help anymore with the most basic concierge things, is being able to contact the hotel in advance now ambassador-only?
It is probably more a specific property thing. Had a stay this past week. Got a welcome email, replied back to let them know that even if I was booked from Monday, I'd only be arriving at 5:30am Tuesday, but I wanted to secure a room at arrival time. Less than an hour later I had a reply. The initial email also came from a specific front desk agent, not a shared address.

Also no issues of folio and elite night credits not showing three nights for checking in way after the night audit.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It is probably more a specific property thing. Had a stay this past week. Got a welcome email, replied back to let them know that even if I was booked from Monday, I'd only be arriving at 5:30am Tuesday, but I wanted to secure a room at arrival time. Less than an hour later I had a reply. The initial email also came from a specific front desk agent, not a shared address.

Also no issues of folio and elite night credits not showing three nights for checking in way after the night audit.
IDK, the last time I couldn't reach a property to arrange transportation (in South Africa), Marriott corporate via social media was willing and able to find me an active email address by calling the property (the one they had on file had given me radio silence and I was still waiting to hear back while at HKG Airport about to depart). Now their messaging is basically "arrive in South America and figure it out". One might think the bare minimum customer service function of Marriott corporate would be to facilitate communication with their branded properties by providing working contact information, but apparently even that's too much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.