Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Israel [Master Thread]

Old Sep 18, 18, 6:26 am
Original Poster

I just finished a 3 day stay over the weekend. First time logging into this site for 5 years to post this.

I was incredibly impressed with the hotel across all elements. The design is great and very unique. The restored rooms in the old building keep traditional details including 15 feet ceilings. Gym was well equipped, pool was nice. The service was top notch. I have never seen such level of service in any establishment in Israel. Everyone on staff catered to our requests, greeted us and were very friendly. Breakfast was very good with a large buffet and an a-la-carte dish to choose, free as Platinum gift. There is a cool on-site bar (in a refurbished chapel) and a couple of restaurants. Very overpriced so we didn't go for dinner, but well designed and nice to know they're there if you don't feel like walking out.

I personally liked the location in Jaffa just by the old city. It is not that central but there is plenty to see around (flea market, cafes, old city, galleries). Tel Aviv proper is 10-20 minutes away by taxi or bike. There are also a couple of beaches that are walking distance though admittedly the better beaches are further to the north.

Some stuff could be improved. The TV is built into the mirror in the room and was acting up a little, though it did have free PPV movies. Also doesn't have connections to laptop or ipad. The AC unit was a bit noisy. But these are very minor issues in an otherwise awesome hotel.

The most important thing to note: The hotel is not kosher. This is a huge plus to those who don't keep kosher, since it means that all services are available on saturday. It may seem trivial. But try staying in a hotel limited room service on Friday night and Saturday and no fresh coffee or made to order dishes in breakfast and you'll agree it's a huge deal.

Overall, the most impressive hotel I ever stayed in Israel. More reminiscent of what one would find in Singapore than Israel.

Moderator Note: The pre-opening discussion of this property can be found at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...iscussion.html

Last edited by yosithezet; Sep 24, 18 at 7:36 am
Old Sep 18, 18, 9:40 am
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Thanks @jonshu3000 for that review! I loook forward to staying there for my next visit.

Dont be such a stranger here in FT! You clearly have great taste in properties...
Old Sep 21, 18, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA CK (3MM), Marriott LTT and Ambassador
The pictures of the rooms on marriott.com prominently show full-sized bottles of alcohol, even for basic rooms. Are those actually provided at the property? If so, is there some kind of fee? I'm not sure how they could reasonably charge people for self-pours.

Also, I assume no lounge (being a Luxury Collection property)?
Old Sep 22, 18, 1:40 am

I went for drinks and a late bite in the inner-courtyard restaurant last weekend... cocktails were tasty and the food was good. Great service as well (both compared to an Israeli hotel generally, as well as any new property anywhere). They also have an on-site deli, Golda’s, that looked like a great lunch option.

Food and drink prices were not cheap, but I didn’t find them outrageous compared to Tel Aviv in general - which is pretty high cost.
Old Feb 9, 19, 4:01 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Has anyone else stayed at this property?

Last edited by yosithezet; Feb 9, 19 at 4:25 am
Old Feb 9, 19, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
Has anyone else stayed at this property?
i did

Had a great stay as PLT. Stayed here on my birthday. Very nice upgd & goodies in our room.
The BK in their restaurant is one of the best we've ever had. Great seats outdoor if the weather is right (Not this week..).

Let me know if you need more info.
Old Feb 9, 19, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP 75k, AV Gold, SPG/Ritz Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ehud View Post
i did

Had a great stay as PLT. Stayed here on my birthday. Very nice upgd & goodies in our room.
The BK in their restaurant is one of the best we've ever had. Great seats outdoor if the weather is right (Not this week..).

Let me know if you need more info.
Thanks for posting this

Very happy the property remained with SPG/Marriott

What's the immediate location like compared to the Sheraton?
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ View Post
Thanks for posting this

Very happy the property remained with SPG/Marriott

What's the immediate location like compared to the Sheraton?
Actually I really like the location - very close to the Jaffa flee market with a superb night bar scene. Especially on weekends (I've stayed there on a Thu night).
Old Feb 9, 19, 5:26 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: TG*G, Mar LTBT, Hyatt Glb, AA PLT-LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Booked a 5 night redemption in March. How was the parking? Easy to get in/out?

Was your upgrade on a redemption?

Any evening cocktail or laundry benefits?
Old Feb 9, 19, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by ehud View Post
Actually I really like the location - very close to the Jaffa flee market with a superb night bar scene. Especially on weekends (I've stayed there on a Thu night).
Was the property up to the standards of a Cat 6 LC hotel?
Old Feb 9, 19, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
And what standards would those be? Marriott categories are not directly related to quality, and are highly correlated to location.
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:37 am

For me much more than that.
Old Feb 10, 19, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet View Post
Booked a 5 night redemption in March. How was the parking? Easy to get in/out?

Was your upgrade on a redemption?

Any evening cocktail or laundry benefits?
Was on redemption stay. Sure my birthday helped with a special upgd.
No evening cocktail, You can have much better drinks steps away. Had a glass of wine with my BH on the porch for sunset.. Priceless.
The parking is underground (robotic underground parking - 1st I've seen in any hotel) - 20$/day which is not bad..

Sure you'll enjoy.
Old Feb 11, 19, 10:49 am

Thanks for the replies The hotel is a bit pricey so I just wanted to know if I would get my money's worth. Excited to give this place a try.
Old Apr 8, 19, 6:10 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Do they include any breakfast or credit got platinum elite ? Any platinum amenities. Any rooms to aim for location or view wise ?

thanks

Search this Thread