Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Elite Benefits Guarantee contradiction from website & hotel for CY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Benefits Guarantee contradiction from website & hotel for CY

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2018, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by fumje
Thanks for this concise summary.

If a property does not honour the amenity guarantee (i.e. offered neither bonus points nor F&B credit), after check out what is the preferred channel for seeking recourse? Contact hotel or email marriottrewards@marriott?
After check out is too late. You must make formal request before you get checked out. Get with the highest level of management on site. Make note of names and discussions had. If they fail to honor the guarantee then escalate with MPG at the email address you have shown.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Yeah, the manager gave me the $10 f&b voucher but I probably should have pressed for $50 cash since I wasn't offered the option. I was thrown off when the website didn't match what he pulled out the paper. Also, I didn't get the king I requested, but I booked early on the same day so technically wasn't entitled.
Old Sep 24, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
The other factor with the PLT arrival gift, is mobile check-in. If you utilize mobile check-in, you basically forfeit your ability to make a PLT arrival gift claim, due to the fact that part of the process is accepting the points. You can certainly change your option while at the hotel, but it protects them in the event that they do not ask you for your preference when you check-in.
KRSW likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Semi-related, please let me know if this belongs in another thread.

Property failed to offer me my bed type as well as an arrival gift. Would compensation be for each (e.g. $200), or would it only be one compensation per stay? Property confirmed the latter, but I could not find it anywhere in the T&Cs.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
That said, I tend to be lenient on claiming the compensation as long as the property makes the appropriate effort to recover and it has otherwise been a good stay. E.g. they are apologetic and post the platinum amenity immediately when reminded. The net result is I have never claimed the compensation though one or two properties gave it to me anyway (e.g. fully acknowledged their mistake including giving the compensation).

--Jon
This, a thousand times over. Everyone makes mistakes. If they are good to me otherwise, I let it go. If I have a lousy stay, however, I have no problem holding their feet to the fire.

Mike
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YOWzer
Semi-related, please let me know if this belongs in another thread.

Property failed to offer me my bed type as well as an arrival gift. Would compensation be for each (e.g. $200), or would it only be one compensation per stay? Property confirmed the latter, but I could not find it anywhere in the T&Cs.

Thanks in advance.
Each guarantee is supposed to be separate, so you are supposed to get the combined guarantee, not just one guarantee per stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.