Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Several months on - how are they doing?

Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
I have this same issue; I had a rate that included breakfast and got 2000 points instead of 3000. I give up; they can keep them.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 11:12 am

Not really sure where to post this data point. My Marriott Rewards account balance has been 51,448 since the combining of SPG-Marriott. I just noticed that the posting of my credit card points + bonus points which was a total of 16,156 points (detail shows in my activity section of my account). Now, my balance is showing as 65,292. Apparently, Marriott does not know how to add - or they decided that I actually should not be receiving all my points and reduced my balance by 2,312 points - no explanation. I'm not even sure how I can dispute the loss of 2,312 because I did not take a screen shot of my previous balance!

I've already decided to move to a different hotel program, as I just can't trust Marriott any longer. I'm just hoping to make it out before my balance shows zero - without any of my current points being used. Sigh...
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
My first couple of SPG stays post-merger the folios got E-mailed to me during the night of my final day, then again after they've determined I've checked out. Lately (i.e., in the last 2-3 weeks) I've gotten nothing and for the last one, had to call them to send me an E-mail.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:10 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
This is just ridiculous, my first stay since the August merger week disaster stays, a 3 night award stay in NY
and nothing posted to my account. No nights, no points, nothing. No record of the reservation any more in history. Confirmed with hotel MGT that my correct Marriott number was on the stay.

This hotel was an old Starwood Hotel booked pre merger and my Platinum status, Benefits etc was acknowledged by the hotel and the stay itself was fantastic. Not the hotels fault at all. Marriott IT Merger fail at its disasterous self.

Of course I’ve had to wait 10 Business days to fill out the missing stay form only to get the automated response that they are overwhelmed and requests are taking longer to resolve (but of course the fine print says to wait 10 more business days before calling in)

How can Marriott get away with this complete disaster of a merger, complete lack of customer care, utter fail
to its Rewards Memebers for stay and point tracking and stick with the current IT failure team?

The capper of course is the disgrace of Marriott Leadership in not acknowledging to its Memebers that it’s been a disaster. And I mean a personalized email, not a sound bite from a TV interview.

I dont need another night, I’m LTPP come January with 1100 nights but this is just beyond believe that we need to put up with this we really don’t care about you, the customer, attitude.

Of course we don’t have to put up with it. Yes I’ll use my points when needed but zero incentive to do anything else regarding spending. I’m disgusted by Marriott. I now could care less about the 6 more nights I need this year for my suite upgrades next year. Time to send a message. One member at a time people need to start sending a message.

Marriott sucks!! They don’t deserve our business. RIP SPG.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Chancensam
Not really sure where to post this data point. My Marriott Rewards account balance has been 51,448 since the combining of SPG-Marriott. I just noticed that the posting of my credit card points + bonus points which was a total of 16,156 points (detail shows in my activity section of my account). Now, my balance is showing as 65,292. Apparently, Marriott does not know how to add - or they decided that I actually should not be receiving all my points and reduced my balance by 2,312 points - no explanation. I'm not even sure how I can dispute the loss of 2,312 because I did not take a screen shot of my previous balance!

I've already decided to move to a different hotel program, as I just can't trust Marriott any longer. I'm just hoping to make it out before my balance shows zero - without any of my current points being used. Sigh...
You dont need a screenshot if youve made any kind of a reservation, assuming youve received a confirmation email. Both legacy SPG and Marriott confirmations show your current balance. Start from there. Good luck.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 8:09 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
As a rare positive data-point I would note that two missing Ritz stays I had from around the cut-over have finally been credited. Both took about 7 weeks and I did receive an e-mail reply once they were credited.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Bigshaker
This is just ridiculous, my first stay since the August merger week disaster stays, a 3 night award stay in NY
and nothing posted to my account. No nights, no points, nothing. No record of the reservation any more in history. Confirmed with hotel MGT that my correct Marriott number was on the stay.

This hotel was an old Starwood Hotel booked pre merger and my Platinum status, Benefits etc was acknowledged by the hotel and the stay itself was fantastic. Not the hotels fault at all. Marriott IT Merger fail at its disasterous self.

Of course Ive had to wait 10 Business days to fill out the missing stay form only to get the automated response that they are overwhelmed and requests are taking longer to resolve (but of course the fine print says to wait 10 more business days before calling in)

How can Marriott get away with this complete disaster of a merger, complete lack of customer care, utter fail
to its Rewards Memebers for stay and point tracking and stick with the current IT failure team?

The capper of course is the disgrace of Marriott Leadership in not acknowledging to its Memebers that its been a disaster. And I mean a personalized email, not a sound bite from a TV interview.

I dont need another night, Im LTPP come January with 1100 nights but this is just beyond believe that we need to put up with this we really dont care about you, the customer, attitude.

Of course we dont have to put up with it. Yes Ill use my points when needed but zero incentive to do anything else regarding spending. Im disgusted by Marriott. I now could care less about the 6 more nights I need this year for my suite upgrades next year. Time to send a message. One member at a time people need to start sending a message.

Marriott sucks!! They dont deserve our business. RIP SPG.
I just had my first stay at a SPG hotel and it was pretty awful when checking in. Didn't have my current status, didn't take my number to tell me when my room was ready, and now it seems they overcharged me on my folio which I still don't have even though I've requested it from both the hotel and Marriott.

I never thought I'd miss that Starwood touch as much as I currently do.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

2 months in and still a piss poor showing by Marriott's IT department. I tried retrieving reservations for one of our employees and the Marriott site would error out whenever I tried to log in. This was mid-day Eastern time, so it shouldn't have been down for scheduled maintenance. Still can't sort by price on the website officially. I know I can mess with the URL and get it to do so, but still, very poor.

The 29 Way promotion is a joke and continues to be one. First, it didn't launch on time, then after only allowing a single instant win (a whole $0.40 for me!) some 9 days later they decide to change the rules again.

Overall, this is how I expect some small-time/regional hotel chain with <25 hotels to operate, NOT one which has been operating for 60+ years with 4,000+ properties. This is absolutely amateur hour on so many levels that I do question the leadership. If I was a shareholder, I'd be demanding a change of leadership.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
If I was a shareholder, I'd be demanding a change of leadership.
Why? Are profits down?

I keep seeing full parking lots and hearing "we're (almost) sold out (this weekend)" from FDCs, so I'm thinking people are somehow, some way still managing to stay in Mariwood properties.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Why? Are profits down? I keep seeing full parking lots and hearing "we're (almost) sold out (this weekend)" from FDCs, so I'm thinking people are somehow, some way still managing to stay in Mariwood properties.
I'd love to know how these people are able to make reservations... I just got in a shouting match with an exec over his upcoming reservations. He should have 2 upcoming reservations, instead here's what the website is showing... and he wanted to know why I haven't booked his reservations already (which were made in April):
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by KRSW
I'd love to know how these people are able to make reservations?
Can't speak for anyone else, but I've made my last half-dozen or so since 8/18 via the Marriott website, same as always. Hasn't failed me so far.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:18 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: Starwood:Lifetime Platinum, Air Canada:Basic, Asiana:Lifetime Diamond Plus, ANA: Basic
I have manage to stay in a few different locations now and some extra data points. I do have an ambassador but I have not used him for any requests.

First up was Westin Vancouver in September. Basically like reported earlier - given the biggest suite on that floor and it was a high floor. Then again it was an all suite hotel.

Then it was in Sheraton Hong Kong in September right when we got hit by Typhoon Mangkhut. I was given an corner suite that has partial Oceanview with exactly ONE bed. I was in Hong Kong for a traditional Chinese funeral and may have important relatives in China that may want to share my room. So I downgraded the room back to my usual Ocean view room on a high floor. Everything seems relatively similar to when I last stayed there pre-merger.

Mid October, I had a stay in Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel. I just need a single night on a Wednesday and needed to attend a early meeting next day. So basically checkin at late night and check out early morning. This is my first time staying in this Marriott brand. Before the merge, I would rather drive to stay in the Four Points outside the city core than staying in a Marriott. In my first stay in Marriot's Delta, I received possibly the best upgrades this year and definitely one of the best upgrades I ever had. They gave me a penthouse suite on the top floor. The room has two floors. The staff recognize my status with a slight error of forgetting to mention my welcome gift. I suspect this upgrade was beyond what is necessary within the program. I understand there was a "Welcome Gift Guarantee" where if staff forgot the welcome gift, I can demand $USD 100. I didn't want to discourage the upgrade they have done nor appear ungrateful and I hope they do the same to other Platinum members. So instead of asking for any compensation, I just mentioned it at the front desk during check out and emailed my ambassador to follow up on the welcome gift (ie 1000 points).

There were two bathrooms - one on each floor. This is one of them.

First floor living room. Table has a handmade chocolate cup with fruits.

First floor living room with a kitchen

2nd floor living room

From 2nd floor bedroom

The view
Flying for Fun likes this.

Last edited by yeunganson; Oct 22, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Old Oct 22, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by yeunganson
Mid October, I had a stay in Delta Victoria Ocean Pointe Hotel. I just need a single night and needed to attend a early meeting next day. So basically checkin at late night and check out early morning. This is my first time staying in this Marriott brand. Before the merge, I would rather drive to stay in the Four Points outside the city core than staying in a Marriott. In my first stay in Marriot's Delta, I received possibly the best upgrades this year and definitely one of the best upgrades I ever had. They gave me a penthouse suite on the top floor. The room has two floors. The staff recognize my status with a slight error of forgetting to mention my welcome gift. I suspect this upgrade was beyond what is necessary within the program. I understand there was a "Welcome Gift Guarantee" where if staff forgot the welcome gift, I can demand $USD 100. I didn't want to discourage the upgrade they have done nor appear ungrateful and I hope they do the same to other Platinum members. So instead of asking for any compensation, I just mentioned it at the front desk during check out and emailed my ambassador to follow up on the welcome gift (ie 1000 points).

There were two bathrooms - one on each floor. This is one of them.

First floor living room. Table has a handmade chocolate cup with fruits.

First floor living room with a kitchen

2nd floor living room

From 2nd floor bedroom

The view
Pretty impressive... I stay at that Delta semi-regularly, but never get anything better than a room with a view of the Inner Harbour. Could also be because I'm staying during the typical M-Th.

Back to the topic at hand though, it's a mixed bag for me. Sometimes my stay will post in 2-3 days. My last stay still hasn't posted so far, but I've also waited 7-10 days for them to post, even the before the merger. Pre-merger with legacy SPG, it was like clockwork, everything posted the day after check-out.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
Why? Are profits down?

I keep seeing full parking lots and hearing "we're (almost) sold out (this weekend)" from FDCs, so I'm thinking people are somehow, some way still managing to stay in Mariwood properties.
I am somewhat curious to see whether this has an impact on Marriott next year. Unless things change soon, I have decided to change my hotel strategy (diversifying into a second program) starting next year. I made that decision too late this year to make it rational to switch (since I would not be able to earn top status at another hotel chain in the time I have left), but my strategy will definitely change next year. Come January 1st I will be status matching to another program and maintain top status with both Marriott and (most likely) Hyatt (in this case taking Plat Premier as top status as Ambassador been devalued - the agents are all clearly overworked and no longer responsive to requests).

I doubt that there will be a groundswell, but there's been just enough nonsense over the past few months for me to decide it's not worth it to to be a one chain kind of guy. I'm assuming others that average 150+ nights a year feel the same way.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Perhaps the mods should change the title of the thread to “two months in” or perhaps to save effort maybe “5”....

This is getting really old now.

Missing stays

Incorrect points

I could go on, by why bother...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.