Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Several months on - how are they doing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Several months on - how are they doing?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by yeunganson
Since we are entering the alleged Century of full rise of China, let me offer some insights of what it would be like had Marriott is a State-owned Enterprise and Marriott members are living within the influence sphere of China's mighty government.

1) When the merge happens, the website would have gone down completely and would have gone down as long as it takes for IT staff to do the work.
2) No points and night credits will earn or redeemed until the site is back on. Meanwhile, you can stay at rival hotels or Marriott/SPG state-owned ones without status recognition and night credits. You should love the hotel for the hard products
3) If you have complains, talk to the wall and if you have anger issues, hit the head against the wall until the anger goes away.
4) Once the new Travel Cert mapping is out, it's final. No one is backing -down. Those dissidents are warned to stop complaints and some famous blogger has his/her account closed with all points/nights removed. Then harmony returns with everyone accepting the new conversion or choose to stay in a different hotel chain.
5) The website comes back on a month later. Those accounts that merging is unsuccessful are asked to keep quiet while problems being fixed. Those who are strong dissidents and famous flyertalkers/celebrities/bloggers are then disappear for 3 months to be reform in jail (like Chinese actress Fan BingBing) for disrupting harmony. Those overseas learn to keep the harmony or else their family members that are living under the sphere of influence would be "inconvenienced".

On the surface, it is all integration is smooth and only positive reviews are being posted.
But, we’re not in China, and we expect it to work. (Or at least be minimally functional)
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xzh445

But, we’re not in China, and we expect it to work. (Or at least be minimally functional)
It was his tongue in cheek post on how Marriott is functioning now, like the cover up things Chinese government habitually does.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1k, SPG/Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
Still waiting for:
- stays to post that I have contacted Marriott about
- stays to post that I have not yet contacted Marriott about
- points to be returned to my account from a stay I cancelled about a month ago
- contact attempts to Marriott to be responded to
- all future stays to be visible in my combined Marriott account
No progress from Marriott on any of the above items. I have switched 6 nights worth of stays in the next few weeks to IHG. I would have reached Platinum Premier Elite for 2019 with those stays if the historical stays I am missing had posted. Until stays start posting it's pointless to stay extra nights to achieve that status. I will now start calling the individual hotels for each stay that is missing from my account and see if the front desk can resolve my issue by re-posting the stay or re-submitting the stay with one of the various SPG/Marriott numbers I have or had.
tfong007 likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by Happy
It was his tongue in cheek post on how Marriott is functioning now, like the cover up things Chinese government habitually does.
Got it thanks...hence the little smiley guy with the sunglasses. ^. (It was an excellent bit of wit by yeunganson. Sadly, my attempt at a first world problem reply did not match that level). I would have posted a link to Scottiish comdeian Billy Conolly’s bit on Demands, but it would likely not meet FT’s T/C’s
Old Sep 23, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
I redeemed my points for Aeroplan Miles each 60,000 pts converted to 19,998 miles and the bonus only listing as 4,999 - multiply these by 5 (300K converted). Sooner redeem for a couple of mini-RTW biz awards and stay at Hilton than redeem for Marrirot. My email to customer service has gone unanswered for a week now.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:52 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat
A couple weeks ago, I did get an email response about an issue I reported post merger:

Hello NJNY!

I am following up with you to ensure that your concern with the Courtyard was addressed by the property leadership team.

If your concerns have not been addressed, please let me know so that I can take immediate action for you.

Thank you,
Matt XXXX
Guest Experience Supervisor
Marriott Customer Care

I was pretty excited to see they were now following up (even though they were not correct that it was a CY property issue) and I wrote back to say that I had not heard anything from them, and asked that Matt please find out about my issue. I have not heard anything in the 2 weeks since. Their idea of "immediate action" is very interesting. This is almost worse then the silence before it.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are certain staff being evaluated based on some metric of how many emails they have sent as responses? This isn't even a good form letter.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
As a SPGLTP->LTPPE, still avoiding booking any Starriott until all this garbage gets sorted out. (I hope)
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:25 am

Last 3 trips My Plat Arrival bonus pts have not posted. My bonus points at 75% of my stay points are posting properly. So if I want the arrival points....I have to call over about 2500 pts over 3 stays. Probably will take hours to get those points I earned in my account...Not worth it vs. my time and of course Marriott wins.

Might just leave a negative review for the hotels and see if that gets someone to fix it for me. I am tired of this BS and having to spend hours on the phone to get something I earned for being loyal.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Getting really tired of a website that consistently does not work properly. Constantly returns error messages. Does not remember my login. Does not have details on my stays. SNAs not returned to account after reservation cancel. This is really basic stuff, yet five weeks in, Marriott can't seem to fix any of it. Total amateur hour. I really hope these jokers take a big earnings hit.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:38 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Last 3 trips My Plat Arrival bonus pts have not posted. My bonus points at 75% of my stay points are posting properly. So if I want the arrival points....I have to call over about 2500 pts over 3 stays. Probably will take hours to get those points I earned in my account...Not worth it vs. my time and of course Marriott wins.

Might just leave a negative review for the hotels and see if that gets someone to fix it for me. I am tired of this BS and having to spend hours on the phone to get something I earned for being loyal.
I’m actually coming around to this as a serious people’s power choice. I am inclined to say that rather than whining on FT we should leave a negative (not unreasonably so) review on Tripadvisor making the point that we experience of the hotel was degraded because the Marriott part of their experience was not delivering on the promise. Anyone else similarly minded?
jr1202sr likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I’m actually coming around to this as a serious people’s power choice. I am inclined to say that rather than whining on FT we should leave a negative (not unreasonably so) review on Tripadvisor making the point that we experience of the hotel was degraded because the Marriott part of their experience was not delivering on the promise. Anyone else similarly minded?
So you want to ding the individual hotels with a bad TA review for something that is likely out of their control and being completely screwed up by Marriott Corporate IT? I'm sure the hotels are just as frustrated with Marriott and the integration as we are......from my experience this has been confirmed by the interactions I have had with people at the check-in desks when I mention how screwed up Marriott is. IMHO definitely NOT the say this should be handled!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by christianj
So you want to ding the individual hotels with a bad TA review for something that is likely out of their control and being completely screwed up by Marriott Corporate IT? I'm sure the hotels are just as frustrated with Marriott and the integration as we are......from my experience this has been confirmed by the interactions I have had with people at the check-in desks when I mention how screwed up Marriott is. IMHO definitely NOT the say this should be handled!
I think (I could be wrong) @EuropeanPete meant in general regarding all issues, especially ones that are within the property's control... but there are also probably instances where the customer won't know if it is property or Starriott that is in control of a certain rule/situation.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by christianj
If it makes the hotels put pressure on Marriott to fix their garbage guest-facing systems? Yes. Especially if those hotels are Marriott's real customers.
jr1202sr and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLEguy
If it makes the hotels put pressure on Marriott to fix their garbage guest-facing systems? Yes. Especially if those hotels are Marriott's real customers.
Plus, as a customer, I'm not there to worry about which entity has specific responsibilities on whatever it is that I may have an issue/challenge with.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.