Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Dalmar, Fort Lauderdale, Tribute Portolio [Master Thread]

Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Oct '18. Cat 5.

Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...rtfolio-hotel/

"Our downtown hotel’s independent design links West Coast style and an East Coast urban scene, with nostalgic nods, contemporary flair, and timeless twists. Each of our 209 guest rooms and suites—some with balconies—affords a beautiful view through floor-to-ceiling windows. Admire the beach, canals, or intra-coastal waterways. State-of-the-art technology includes a 55-inch LCD TV and premium wireless High Speed Internet Access, Alexa and iPad in-room technology. Sumptuous bedding is distinguished by triple sheeting and soft duvets. Bathrooms comprise spa showers, modern fixtures, exclusively curated bath amenities, and soft robes and slippers. Work out in the fitness center, attend a session in the yoga studio, or borrow a bicycle to ride around the neighborhood. Sparrow, our rooftop bar, allows stunning 360-degree panoramas from the 25th floor. Contemporary design is complemented by refined service in more than 9,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor function space."
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:23 pm

This hotel is co-located (same tower) as the Element Fort Lauderdale Downtown.

FT Thread for Element Fort Lauderdale Downtown: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Official Website for Element Fort Lauderdale Downtown: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...dale-downtown/

I can see this tower from my bedroom window. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I walked part the site two days ago and I'd say an October 2018 opening is questionable.

Last edited by writerguyfl; Sep 12, 2018 at 9:23 pm Reason: Fixed Link
Old Sep 13, 2018, 1:26 am
Original Poster

My gentle recommendation is to keep reports on this thread to The Dalmar (aka, thread topic) & those re: Element in that property thread. And look forward to the first trip reports, Oct or later

Cheers.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: United GS MM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Has anyone stayed at the Dalmar yet? I'm considering a stay here over Christmas and wondering how early experiences have been.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Opening slipped to Dec '18.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Officially open. Marriott press release today:

https://news.marriott.com/2019/03/tr...of-the-dalmar/

"...announced the opening of The Dalmar...the 25-story hotel features 209 guestrooms including 33 suites...the hotel’s indoor-outdoor design offers visitors an authentic downtown experience with ocean views....Upon arrival on the sixth-floor, visitors are treated to a wrap-around lushly landscaped sky deck with ocean and downtown views. The Lobby Lounge and Bar offers a relaxed atmosphere with live music on weekends and a specialty cocktail menu....Opening in spring 2019 is Sparrow, the property’s rooftop bar, which will boast the best views in the city from the 25th floor....Complimentary shuttles to and from the beach and city center will be available along with bikes to rent. Rates begin at $200."

Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:39 pm

I have stayed a few times. Hotel is still working out some kinks, but it’s a decent option if your are ok with the location. Brand new rooms, feels clean, modern and fresh. Hotel has a W-esque vibe to it catering to younger professionals interested in a “scene.”

I think I am 1 for 3 on getting upgraded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.