Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:26 am

The good news is that the associates at Marriott Bonvoy interpret the terms of the promotion the same way the Lurkers did. I called the Marriott Bonvoy number yesterday and got the bonus points for my one-night stay after the first brand credited.

The better news may be that there wasn't an IT glitch, as they may have interpreted the terms of the promotion differently and possibly, correctly. Re-read the promotion details: "Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards ("Loyalty Program") members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. In addition, members will earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period..."

What is the meaning of "additional"? If I stay one night at a different brand, then I don't earn the 2,000 bonus points. Then how can the 1,000 points be "additional"? I think the IT people do have a point. Still, the terms could have been worded better and thank you, Marriott Bonvoy, for being generous for giving us the 1,000 point bonus for one-night stays.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
In addition, members will earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period..."

What is the meaning of "additional"? If I stay one night at a different brand, then I don't earn the 2,000 bonus points. Then how can the 1,000 points be "additional"? I think the IT people do have a point.
What is the meaning of "additional"? - just having some fun here, not a lawyer, but the use of additional doesn't necessarily mean it would have to be on the same 2 day stay that gets me the 2k bonus, if so some added language around "will earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand per qualifying stay...

So, I take the meaning of additional here to mean - there are 2 (or 3 if you count the 10k earning path opportunities in this promotion [and lets face it there really was no 29k op]).

Because the points post at the end, instead of along the way, there was no chance to discover if my understanding of the "rules" was the correct one. Agree, Bonvoy is doing the right thing here.

Last edited by I 40; Mar 3, 2019 at 4:16 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Brand bonus should be given for 1 night stays too.
but i don't have any. i stayed at 5 brands an 4 of them were 1 night, an the last was 2 nights. but nothing post
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by I 40
What is the meaning of "additional"? - just having some fun here, not a lawyer, but the use of additional doesn't necessarily mean if would have to be on the same stay that gets me the 2k bonus, if so some language around "will earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand per qualifying stay...

So, I take the meaning of additional to mean there are 2 (or 3 if you count the 10k [and lets face it there really was no 29k op]} earning path opportunities in this promotion.

Because the points post at the end, instead of along the way, there was no chance to discover if my understanding of the "rules" was the correct one. Agree, Bonvoy is doing the right thing here.

I think I sai before, the promo term was not very clear, perhaps they did it on purpose as at the end, their interpretation is the right one.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I just had the most pleasant experience with the "Marriott Bonvoy Elite" line. The agent knew exactly what I was talking about and was able to help without issue and without transferring me. Granted, the CS has gotten so horrible at Marriott that I haven't called the line in 5 months.

Anyway, the agent confirmed that single night stays do qualify for the brand promotion. She had easy access to all of the brands I stayed at and saw that I was only credit 7K points. She quickly posted the missing points and 10K bonus for staying at 10+ brands. Maybe this is the route everyone should take? I'm not convinced the Loyalty/IT departments are going to fix this on their own.

I also had several stays that I booked with bonus points awarded per night that never posted. She quickly posted the bonus points with no questions asked.

-RM
Which number is the elite line? I have glamced through 'contact us'. They still list a bunch of SPG numbers.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:31 pm

I'm out by 13,000 points (6,000 have posted)

Called Platinum line twice to get the missing brand points posted. First associate told me that she couldn't see any points posted, and to wait another few weeks, Second associate told me that I had to email [email protected] and have them look into it

Marriott customer service is so hit and miss..
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:58 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I just called in and they gave me the remaining points. They claimed that I might see more points later on to which we both LOL'd because we know Marriott's IT sucks and it wouldn't have happened unless I called in.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:39 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Seven months in there is a clearly established trend of Marriott legal insisting on ridiculously complicated terms which are never translated for customer service or IT to apply. I currently have 2 T&C interpretation questions out with my Ambassador which never once happened in Starwood days.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I called in and they wouldn't give me the 1000 missing points and said they would report it (and indicated other people had called). The lady cited the 6-10 weeks after the promotion line but I said they had already been corrected..incorrectly.

I called the China line. Maybe I should just call the US line as it probably how you are getting it resolved!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by flyer_j
I'm out by 13,000 points (6,000 have posted)

Called Platinum line twice to get the missing brand points posted. First associate told me that she couldn't see any points posted, and to wait another few weeks, Second associate told me that I had to email [email protected] and have them look into it

Marriott customer service is so hit and miss..
I'd imagine if you call in the 3rd time the rep will just tell you you're not a Bonvoy member at all.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
But Marriott had such good customer service before
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I decided to try the USA line and I got an amazing agent. I told her that 1000 points were missing from Megabonus based on the brand bonus and then she asked me which brands I preferred. So we had a nice chat about my different stays and then after 5 minutes, she said she has added 2000 points to my account for my troubles.

I just think it's a shame that if I call the China line they can't do anything except say wait. Some people who call the US line are told the same but some, just like myself now, can get it resolved immediately. If it was consistent then Marriott's service would be amazing!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:05 pm

Ugh. Called Plat line and agent said all stays needed to be 2 nights min for the additional bonuses. Agent wouldn’t budge so I hucu’d. Second agent acknowledged missing points but wouldn’t post anything right away, Agent filed a case and I was told to wait until after mid March for points to post... the second call took a good 30mins of holding to review my stays and talk to a supervisor.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by lingua101
but i don't have any. i stayed at 5 brands an 4 of them were 1 night, an the last was 2 nights. but nothing post
Thats because, at this time, Marriott is only recognizing stays of 2+ nights for the brand bonus. Since you only had one, Marriott gave you no bonus points!
Old Mar 4, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: M&M (LX/LH) Silver, Marriott Platinum, Accor Silver, AF/KL Silver, Swiss Railway
Just spoke with Marriott Elite Customer Service Center in Ireland. Explained the issue about the brand bonus not being awarded for 1-night stays.
I was immediately awarded the extra 3'000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.