Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
The "people" who posted the bonus points are simply following the incredibly ambiguous wording of the promotion in the first place. It does not say anywhere in the details of the promo that the 1,000 bonus points per brand counts on single night paid stays. If anything it does say you need 2+ nights with this wording: "Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand."

-RM
Maybe it's "ambiguous," but I would say the most natural reading of the terms is that the 2+ nights applies only to the 2,000 bonus points. In my opinion, Marriott has one reasonable option: fix the error.
jsloan, unclepants and Twickenham like this.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:07 pm

Now I understand why I received 1000 points less than expected (I had a one-night stay after my first brand). I still don't understand why when I check my account activity, the brand bonus, which posted today, appears on a line between my January and February account activity. Weird.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Now I understand why I received 1000 points less than expected (I had a one-night stay after my first brand). I still don't understand why when I check my account activity, the brand bonus, which posted today, appears on a line between my January and February account activity. Weird.
Marriott IT! Confusion abounds.

(I suspect it’s to coincide with Jan 31, the end of the promo period.)
Old Mar 1, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
what a mess. Good riddance Marriott.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott: Titanium, SQ: Gold, UA: Silver, Hilton: Diamond, Wyndham - Diamond, TR - Diamond
The "people" who posted the bonus points are simply following the incredibly ambiguous wording of the promotion in the first place. It does not say anywhere in the details of the promo that the 1,000 bonus points per brand counts on single night paid stays. If anything it does say you need 2+ nights with this wording: "Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand."

Again, it's the word of the Lurkers (and apparently some Ambassadors) who said it counts on any paid stay, including single night stays. So now, either the Lurkers are going to eat their words or the "people" who posted the bonus points are going to have to manually fix this for many, many travelers. Again, I am not writing disparaging remarks against the Lurkers...they're great.

-RM
This what hashed out way back when the Mega Promotion was started though. Here and on insiders.marriott.xxx. I think people should wait for a new response here from the Lurkers, but if people don't get the 1000 points for one night stays, I would be PO if I were them.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 7:58 pm

I had 5 different brand stays, all 1 night each (except for one at the very end of the promotion). No points posted here yet.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter

Again, it's the word of the Lurkers (and apparently some Ambassadors) who said it counts on any paid stay, including single night stays. So now, either the Lurkers are going to eat their words or the "people" who posted the bonus points are going to have to manually fix this for many, many travelers. Again, I am not writing disparaging remarks against the Lurkers...they're great.

-RM
Again, the Lurkers were not applying their interpretation of the rules. That is not what they do. The statement that even one-night stays count would have come straight from the loyalty team. Your continued insinuations to the contrary are puzzling at best.
damon88 and margarita girl like this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Shorted by 5k points. Took a 20 minute call to resolve. They did the math, not me, so it seems like the supervisors are interpreting the rules the same way as the Lurkers and everyone else who isn’t reading into the wordling so much.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Shorted by 17k points for the brand bonus. As predicted, only the brands with 2+ night stays posted automatically. "Titanium Premier" line says they will not look into this until 6 weeks after the promotion end date, even though an erroneous amount has already been posted to my account. Come on, Marriott!

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 2, 2019, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Um, no. Ten (10) brands after my first eligible stay (and second brand) and they post this (and out of temporal sequence...):

Que lame.

David
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Shorted by 5k points. Took a 20 minute call to resolve. They did the math, not me, so it seems like the supervisors are interpreting the rules the same way as the Lurkers and everyone else who isn’t reading into the wordling so much.
so did they fix the issue?

They told me that they initiated a case and to wait 2 weeks for a resolution...lame!
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
For those with Ambassador status, I'm curious what their ambassador rep has to say about this.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by ceber
I think it might be governement
math that they use. 2 + 2 = 3,000,000. Promotion page says I should get 6K, got 1K today?
The illiterate criticizing the innumerate.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy

Again, the Lurkers were not applying their interpretation of the rules. That is not what they do. The statement that even one-night stays count would have come straight from the loyalty team. Your continued insinuations to the contrary are puzzling at best.
Who said they weren’t? Did any of the Lurkers actually they were just handing down a statement from, or vetted by, the Loyalty Team? From reading this thread I don’t believe they did. So, let’s not jump to conclusions. Someone did indeed make a big mixup. Was it the Lurkers who gave people the wrong expectations out of they believed was a clear and unequivocal interpretation of the T&Cs? Or was it just poor execution on the implementation of the promotion? Or maybe the Loyalty Team simply gave conflicting versions of the promotion to different internal departments?For the moment I wouldn’t take any sides, as we haven’t heard anything from Marriott.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by alrvd83
so did they fix the issue?

They told me that they initiated a case and to wait 2 weeks for a resolution...lame!
Yes. Resolved on the spot. Two weeks is BS. The points were posted within a few hours. It posted as “Omaha Reservation Center Bonus”. Maybe try calling again?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.