Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Correct. You don’t get 1000 pts for the first brand, but it does count as #1 .

So is anyone on FT going to even hit 15 brands? If no one here makes it to the halfway mark, it goes to prove how absurd the 29 brands challenge was.
so far i have four points, aloft, sheraton, marriott, luxury collection, moxy, element, westin & design hotels....

i have a stay coming up at a jw mariott at the end of this week & at a st. regis next week....this will take me to 11 brands....

then later this month i have bookings at a townplace suites, autograph collection & courtyard....that takes me to 14 brands....unless some unexpected travel comes up this month, i won't hit 15....
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:37 am

Brand points haven't posted yet, correct? (I stayed at a different brand for one night, and the stay never posted; had to request credit, but did not receive the 1000 bonus points.)
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:44 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by nall
Brand points haven't posted yet, correct? (I stayed at a different brand for one night, and the stay never posted; had to request credit, but did not receive the 1000 bonus points.)
Haven't received any of the 1000 bonus points yet.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by nall
No one has. Brand bonus will post at end of promo period, ie after Jan 31.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: UA-GS,1.95MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorer
I've stayed at 9 so far with the 10th next week. When I look at the promotions section on the app, it only shows one so I imagine another fight with Marriott. These IT issues are getting old.....
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:02 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PDILLM
I've stayed at 9 so far with the 10th next week. When I look at the promotions section on the app, it only shows one so I imagine another fight with Marriott. These IT issues are getting old.....

So I know I am probably missing something obvious but although I can see my total points earned in this promo I don’t see where it lists the brands I’ve stayed at.

🤷.♀️
SeeTheLights and andrewstahl like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Two stays, two brands.
Two stays, one brand here. And both were only one-night stays, so zero points earned during this "mega" bonus.

Other than award stays, nothing planned with Marriott in 2019 unless they come up with a much better promo.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by damon88

So I know I am probably missing something obvious but although I can see my total points earned in this promo I don’t see where it lists the brands I’ve stayed at.

🤷.♀️
Yes, I miss the SPG dashboard too. Sigh.

But keep telling yourself that the nice thing about Marriott is they have a lot more properties.
andrewstahl and Intl359Widget like this.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Don’t delude yourself into thinking that.

I also miss the dashboard that SPG had but I’ve been manually keeping track of the brands that I’ve stayed at so far. I need three more brands for the 10k bonus so I should be able to achieve that with 24 days left in January.

Courtyard
Sheraton
Marriott
Westin
Le Meriden
Renaissance
JW Marriott
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Explanation on “1.000 bonus points per brand” on Megabonus Promotion

i can’ Understand clearly if the 1.000 bonus points “per brand” on MegaBonus promotion requires 2 nights stay also, as the 2.000 bonus points, or i can get it even with 1 night stay

many thanks
Old Jan 15, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
The new Megabonus doesn't even show up in my account...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dav77
i can’ Understand clearly if the 1.000 bonus points “per brand” on MegaBonus promotion requires 2 nights stay also, as the 2.000 bonus points, or i can get it even with 1 night stay

many thanks
You only need 1 night for the brand bonus.
Dav77 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bsdstone
The new Megabonus doesn't even show up in my account...
What "new" Megabonus? The current one started in late September, and ends in two weeks (Jan 31)! And registration ended about a week ago. If you didn't register by Jan 7, it's too late now, and so if you didn't register before Jan 7 that's why it's not showing in your account any more.

Or, in case you thought there's a newer Megabonus because the thread title implies the current one ended Jan 7, not it's only registration that ended Jan 7, the promo runs until Jan 31.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta PM (1 MM), United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (Ambassador 2020-24), National Executive
Originally Posted by sdsearch
What "new" Megabonus? The current one started in late September, and ends in two weeks (Jan 31)! And registration ended about a week ago. If you didn't register by Jan 7, it's too late now, and so if you didn't register before Jan 7 that's why it's not showing in your account any more.

Or, in case you thought there's a newer Megabonus because the thread title implies the current one ended Jan 7, not it's only registration that ended Jan 7, the promo runs until Jan 31.
I'd like to see a "new" Megabonus as well. I've got quite a bit of travel planned for the next few months.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by the_bob123
I'd like to see a "new" Megabonus as well. I've got quite a bit of travel planned for the next few months.
But have they usually announced it while the previous one was going on, or only after the previous one ended? I seem to recall that they almost always had at least two-week-or-so gap between Megabonuses.

So if the past is a predictor of the future, it's at least a couple weeks or so too early to expect news about a "new" Megabonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.