Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
Don't they count past stays? Fine print says you just have to register by Jan 7th.
alrvd83 likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
I just booked my tenth different hotel brand for next week. Just wondering how others are progressing? I have zero chance of hitting 29.

And as I understand it I should be awarded 19,000 points assuming I stop staying at new brands by the end of January. 10,000 for hitting 10 different brands (paid stays) plus 9,000 for hitting 9 different brands after the first. Correct?

Thanks,
RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Nov 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Old Nov 29, 2018, 3:50 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, Marriott PP Elite
Correct
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I just booked my tenth different hotel brand for next week. Just wondering how others are tracking?

Thanks,
RM
Are you asking how we individually keep track of our progress, or where we are in qualifying stays so far?

I write each brand in my date planner under Marriott Promo... on paper... using a pen! So far, I have nine brands. Leaning towards AC as #10 .
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Are you asking how we individually keep track of our progress, or where we are in qualifying stays so far?

I write each brand in my date planner under Marriott Promo... on paper... using a pen! So far, I have nine brands. Leaning towards AC as #10 .
Hah, fair point. I changed my wording. I meant in terms of progress, not writing stuff down.

Someone else commented my math is correct on bonus points.

Thanks,
RM
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
for the 1,000 bonus points per brand, do reward night stays count or do they have to be paid (cash) stays?
Only paid stays.
Do you have a reference on this? I see nothing in the T&C that even hint at that requirement.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:31 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Do you have a reference on this? I see nothing in the T&C that even hint at that requirement.
In the fine print at the bottom: " nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. "

MegaBonus

I missed it at first too.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
William confirmed it too.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: IHG - spire amb, Marriot - tit, Radisson - plat, Hilton - gold, Accor -gold, GHA - plat
A stupid question (but I never did it myself surprisingly) - if I book directly with the hotel through email - such stays are earning points and do qualify for promotion points, right?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by dimon84
A stupid question (but I never did it myself surprisingly) - if I book directly with the hotel through email - such stays are earning points and do qualify for promotion points, right?
The hotel must post your stay so you must agree with the hotel that they will post your stay and that they have your membership number. Assuming you want some other benefits (lounge access, late check out etc.) that come with your status then implicit in you getting those benefits is that they acknowledge your membership. But ensure they are explicitly aware of it up front.

I have a Design Hotel that gives extra benefits for booking direct by email so I make all my reservations direct in this way and do not use the app. The stays post correctly each and every time. But I know they know my number.
dimon84 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:09 pm

Does the mega bonus post under its own line in my account activity or does it post under the hotel stay as "extra"?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ryaninaz
Does the mega bonus post under its own line in my account activity or does it post under the hotel stay as "extra"?
Extra. It's combined with your welcome amenity.
ryaninaz likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
No it doesn't. Lurkers already clarified.
yet Marriott IT strikes again. First stay at a JW Marriott during the promo period ... no 1k points for a new brand. Same old problem. let's add that to my other 12k missing points since the merger that nobody at Marriott seems to care about.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
yet Marriott IT strikes again. First stay at a JW Marriott during the promo period ... no 1k points for a new brand. Same old problem. let's add that to my other 12k missing points since the merger that nobody at Marriott seems to care about.
I'm a very vocal complainer about Marriott IT, but they did say the brand bonus would post 6-8 after the end of the promo (or something like that).
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum (100)
Extra. It's combined with your welcome amenity.
One thing that I would hope that Marriott would take from Starwood is how each item was posted individually so it would be easier to keep track of what has and hasn't posted. Grouping MAGC, the welcome amenity and quarterly promotions uner "Extra" is a pain.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.