Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
The saying goes something is better than nothing, but sometimes something is so weak its insulting so better to do nothing!
completely agree....
cruisr likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My stays are almost entirely one night also. I would like to know whether the different brand points require two night stays as well? As with the previous multi-brand stay, I'm assuming that you want to do the first stay at a brand you don't particularly care for (say ... Courtyard)?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My stays are almost entirely one night also. I would like to know whether the different brand points require two night stays as well? As with the previous multi-brand stay, I'm assuming that you want to do the first stay at a brand you don't particularly care for (say ... Courtyard)?
It doesn't matter what order you do them in. If you stay in a Westin your first stay, then a Courtyard, you get bonus points for the Courtyard. If you stay at the Courtyard first, then the Westin, you get bonus points for the Westin.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I get to the link but ......

A Note About This Promotion
We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
Updating your earning preference is fast and easy; simply sign into your account. For all other issues, please contact Marriott Rewards Customer Support.
I got that, too, but was able to find it at "promotion central" in my account and successfully register. However, our next 7 reservations booked are at Hilton, and this promo doesn't do anything to change my mind about that.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Feels truly like Marriott is on auto pilot right now and will be until the new program launches in the beginning of next year.
Hopefully they will then start the new program with a bang and launch a massive promotion. By then, business as usual and tired promotions.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Feels truly like Marriott is on auto pilot right now and will be until the new program launches in the beginning of next year.
Hopefully they will then start the new program with a bang and launch a massive promotion. By then, business as usual and tired promotions.
Auto-pilot? That's rather kind. Giving us the finger is more like it. I don't believe there's any reason to expect anything but more of the same.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Weak offer.

750 points per night in the prior megabonus was stronger for the typical Mon-Thurs (three nights) a week business traveler (750 * 3 = 2250, vs. 2000 on this promo). Punishing to the road warriors who aren't going to the same client and are doing a lot of overnights, as only two nights or longer stays count. Stays longer than two days don't earn more points for the additional days.

Seems like a hairbrained scheme to try to celebrate that the 29 brands under 1 umbrella with the integrated merged loyalty program and to get the legacy MR & legacy SPG members to stay at properties that were previously under the other company with the additional 1,000 points per brand after the second brand.
Bigshaker and KRSW like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The registration page is down for me, whether I'm signed in or not: "We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion."

From the comments, doesn't look like I'm missing much (all my remaining SPG/MR stays to year end will be 1-nighters).
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:14 am

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
It looks even worse if you convert it to old SPG points...666 SPG points for a 2 night stay. (Maybe the 666 is a sign??!!)

So now officially there is no reason to stay at Marriott the rest of this year after I hit my 50 nights.

My upcoming 3 night award stay won’t earn me crap wit the promo and my current 3 one night reservations don’t help either (other than get me to 50 nights)

Marriott disappointing us seems to be business as usual for them. This is not going to get any better.

Its also pretty comical that the promo link doesn’t work and you have to do a work around, log into your account then go to promos and the 29 brands promo link doesn’t work at all (though it doesn’t start until Oct) would be nice to read about it in advance.
They can’t possibly have anyone actually testing this stuff, but we already new that!
KRSW likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
As there is no link I assume this is a joke rather than serious, if it was in old SPG points it would be a joke so must be as its Marriott Points!
It appears Marriott is serious and the joke is very much on us! Still after the 'issues' (being polite) from the 18th August at least it pretty much makes very clear to me I am guessing many others just how little Marriott values the business and just how much BS (excuse my language) that has come from them over the last couple of years building up to the merger and how they value their current Marriott Rewards members and new SPG members and it will all be great!
They clearly view themselves as so big now we have no choice but to keep staying no matter what they do! Good information to have and helps to make an informed decision going forward!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta 2MM/Diamond Elite, United 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite/LT Platinum
Originally Posted by ehallison
I got that, too, but was able to find it at "promotion central" in my account and successfully register. However, our next 7 reservations booked are at Hilton, and this promo doesn't do anything to change my mind about that.
I get the same error message. I also don't see a "promotion central" spot - can you direct me to where you see that?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Lame compared to prior Megabonuses from years past.

The 29 brands part sounds like a sweepstakes since it says no purchase necessary. Given the value of the GP one needs to think of the tax aspect/plan accordingly. The 2nd or 3rd prize might not be too bad though.

Cheers.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Copa ConnectMiles Platinum, United Gold
After this mess of merger, I was hoping for something much better. While Hilton is offering up to 3x points per stay, we only get 2k bonus points per stay? Really? Seems like there's no reason to stay with Starriott for the remainder of the year.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I don't stay at high-end Hilton properties, so the 3x part of the promotion is lost on me. However, if I concentrate on Hilton for the quarter I'll still be getting 2x points, as well as nights toward the elite Milestone bonuses at every 10 nights, starting at 40 (nearly there).
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
Of course, this promo starts the day AFTER I finish a 4-night stay

I will probably have 3 two-night stays between now and the end of the year, the rest will be one night only or an award stay.

Sigh, remember the good old days when we complained about getting a Cat 4 cert from a Marriott promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.