Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (Loyalty Program) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the members account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a members nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brandThere is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isnt about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:47 am

Still no brand points. 4 brands and two of them are of 2-night stay.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 7:52 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
nope....no such info on my app....
I don't see this counter either, but I do see the promo registered. It's funny cause my tracker still says 0 points earned so far..
itsaboutthejourney likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
I had five stays, four of them being 2+ nights. I received 2,000 points yesterday and no brand bonus.
The 2000 pts for stays of 2+ nights should have already posted with the stay. Check under EXTRA.

So the 2000 pts from yesterday was a part of the brand bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:13 am

I went back and checked the terms of the promotion:
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
Notice it says "AND". I read that to mean the stays of only 2+ nights count toward the brand bonus.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by MrTee
I went back and checked the terms of the promotion:
Notice it says "AND". I read that to mean the stays of only 2+ nights count toward the brand bonus.
From the wiki:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brandThere is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by TimesTwo
From the wiki:
Thanks for the clarification!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by MrTee
Thanks for the clarification!
Yeah, no worries. I frequently need to refer to wikis for these things to be sure I understand them ^
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by funkbandit
Well, there's a dashboard. At least in my app. I was able to locate it when I selected the "My Account - Promotions" register (It is between the "Account Activity and Hotel Bills" and "Suite Night Awards" Options. At the bottom of that page under "PAST" and "Mega Bonus Points Earned" I can see the correct brand bonus total. Just MR IT failed to credit the corresponding number of points to my account.
Can you locate the info in your app as well?
The points listed at the bottom of that page are the points I earned from the promo where you earned 2000 pts on stays of 2+ nights. In my case, it shows I earned 8000 pts (4 stays @ 2000 pts each) and those points have already posted. There is ZERO tracker for the brand bonus.

I can tell this is going to be a disaster when Marriott finally posts the brand points as a lot of people seem to think that the points on that page are still due to them, when in fact they are already in their accounts. More confusion and mayhem brought to you by the Walmart of Hotels!
Old Feb 28, 2019, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
**This post refers only to the brand bonus points part of the promotion**

My points posted for this promo. And of course they are WRONG. They are posted in the mobile app but not on the website (usually lags by 24 hours).

I was given 7K bonus points which is wrong as I stayed at 11 additional brands. I suspect the 7K is because not all of the brands I stayed at included 2 night stays. I have a feeling "@Starwood Lurker" is going to have to eat their words based on the above-referenced post.

I should have received 11K for the brands + 10K for hitting 10+ brands. Instead I was given 7K. I'll let this forum blow up with lots of people complaining and then see how "@Starwood Lurker" is going to resolve this before calling/emailing the useless CS department.

PS - all of my 2,000 bonus points posted correctly for the 2+ night stays I made. They posted with the actual stay.

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Feb 28, 2019 at 11:09 am
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
I got my 3000 points MegaBonus today, thanks Marriott!

But I have to say, promotionally speaking, Marriott seems to be more stingy than SPG. I used to be able to find all kinds of SPG promotions on its dedicated website to take advantage of, but now, nothing....
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl

The 2000 pts for stays of 2+ nights should have already posted with the stay. Check under EXTRA.

So the 2000 pts from yesterday was a part of the brand bonus.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification. I haven't been following this thread very carefully and just checked it after I saw the 2k yesterday. So it's still wrong, but only off by 1,000.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:23 pm
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Good to see everyones postings are messed up as per usual. I stayed at 15 and got 4.
RobOnLI and ryandc99 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, United Silver
I'm currently short as well. Only 7K bonus points posted, but I should have gotten 10K for brands + 10K for hitting 10+ brands.
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by khkchan
Still no brand points. 4 brands and two of them are of 2-night stay.
No brand posting for me yet. I had 4 brands and will wait a couple more weeks to see if the 3000 points eventually post
Old Feb 28, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
Are people writing in to correct their brand bonus or just waiting to see if its fixed? My points are way off as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.