Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 12, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
Sign in to Marriott.com in order to be able to see the promo and register:
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/promotion.mi?promotion=FB18
  • Stay at any of our participating hotels and resorts worldwide between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019.
  • Earn 2,000 bonus points on all stays* of two or more nights and 1,000 bonus points per brand, starting with your second brand.
  • Play our game 29 Ways to Stay from October 11 through November 8 to learn more about our 29 brands and for the chance to win prizes, including points and free nights.**
  • Register by January 7, 2019
Nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points.

Finer print:
*A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity.

Registration is required. Marriott Rewards, Starwood Preferred Guest, and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards (“Loyalty Program”) members who register for this promotion by January 7, 2019 will earn 2,000 bonus points per stay on stays of 2 or more nights at participating brands. Plus, members can earn an additional 1,000 bonus points per brand starting with the second brand at which the member stays during the promotion earning period. The promotion earning period is for stays between September 26, 2018 and January 31, 2019, at participating Marriott Rewards, SPG and Ritz-Carlton properties. A 'stay' is defined as consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Rooms booked through most third party online retailers and select travel agency bookings are ineligible to earn for this promotion. The member receiving this offer has been targeted and the offer is not transferable. Bonus points will be awarded to the member’s account up to six weeks after the promotion ends. Marriott Vacation Club® owner-occupied weeks are not eligible for bonus points and nights spent while redeeming an award are not eligible for bonus points. Only one room per hotel is counted toward a member’s nights or stay. Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion. For a list of current participating brands, visit https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/earn/hotels.mi. All Loyalty Program terms and conditions apply. See https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi for more information. Visit www.Marriott.com/MorePlaces or call 888-MARRIOTT (888-627-7468) for complete details.

Clarification from Starwood Lurker in post 125:
  1. In regards to the part of the offer where you can earn 1,000 points for trying a new brand…There is no minimum length of stay, but you only earn it starting with the second brand. So if you only stay at one brand during the promo period, you will not earn this bonus. But if you stay at 2 or more brands, you will earn 1,000 points for each of those brands after the first one even if the stay is only one night.
  2. You earn on every stay of 2+ nights, so it isn’t about accumulating nights. If you have two stays of 1 night each, you will not earn a bonus. If you have two accounts, you may register for MegaBonus with either or both accounts. You will only be able to earn with one account at a time because you will earn the bonus points in whichever account the stay was booked with. Example: If you have two accounts that are not combined: If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number and stay with your SPG number, you will earn the bonus points in your SPG account. If you register for MegaBonus with your SPG number but book your stay with your MR number, you will not earn bonus points.
Print Wikipost

2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
After one shot and winning one (most 50 points) why would anyone play again?
Old Oct 13, 2018, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
When I try and register I get an error....A Note About This Promotion

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
I too was having issues through the website, but with the update to all the apps today (for me at least) I was able to through my RC app.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:19 am

I've posted this a couple times and I can not find it in the terms and conditions! I emailed my ambassador and haven't got a response yet.

NEW! Now get even more. Earn:
  • 10,000 bonus points when you stay at 10 brands.
  • 29,000 bonus points when you stay at 29 brands.
What are the dates for this?

Mega Bonus- September 26th -January 31st
or
The 29 ways to stay dates- October 11th to November 8th

Also, I was very excited thinking I could win points for 29 days straight! Now I will just get entries. I will continue to enter but I really think this promo is a real waste! I can earn earn almost 7,000 more points per stay with Hilton than with Marriott.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I thought additional day were to get me more points but it is for more chances in the drawing. So, my hope now is their wonderful IT has mis-programmed this also and will give everyone lots of points
Old Oct 14, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Marriott15
I've posted this a couple times and I can not find it in the terms and conditions! I emailed my ambassador and haven't got a response yet.

NEW! Now get even more. Earn:
  • 10,000 bonus points when you stay at 10 brands.
  • 29,000 bonus points when you stay at 29 brands.
What are the dates for this?

Mega Bonus- September 26th -January 31st
or
The 29 ways to stay dates- October 11th to November 8th
As I said before, it would be ludicrous to expect your customers to hit 29 brands in 29 days, so I'm going to go with Sept 26 to Jan 31. But then again, it is Marriott ...
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by margarita girl
As I said before, it would be ludicrous to expect your customers to hit 29 brands in 29 days, so I'm going to go with Sept 26 to Jan 31. But then again, it is Marriott ...
​​Agreed - I very seriously doubt that this particular component is restricted to the 29 game days. I would wager a fair amount that it will be a sweep for the entire promo period, just as the 1000 per brand promotion will be.

Stayed at 11 brands? Get 20K next winter (summer Down Under).
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:20 am

What's been everyone's experience with posting times for points from this promotion? Do all promo points post at the same time? Do any post concurrently with your stays?

I'm asking because I have a recent Westin stay that lists 3000 "extra" points in the activity breakdown. The problem there is that it should be 1000 Platinum gift + 2000 two-night promo + 1000 different brand promo = 4000. I'm trying to figure out which of these categories of points is missing.

For what it's worth, I have not gotten the 1000 different brand promo points for any other stay so far (I've had multiple eligible). This was my first 2-night stay during the promo period so I don't have any experience for that.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 5:39 am

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by matravelguy
What's been everyone's experience with posting times for points from this promotion? Do all promo points post at the same time? Do any post concurrently with your stays?

I'm asking because I have a recent Westin stay that lists 3000 "extra" points in the activity breakdown. The problem there is that it should be 1000 Platinum gift + 2000 two-night promo + 1000 different brand promo = 4000. I'm trying to figure out which of these categories of points is missing.

For what it's worth, I have not gotten the 1000 different brand promo points for any other stay so far (I've had multiple eligible). This was my first 2-night stay during the promo period so I don't have any experience for that.
The 2000 two-night promo posted immediately along with my stay. It shows up as "2,000 Extra" (in addition to whatever extra's you may have) under the stay.

As for the different brand promos, none of them have posted yet. Nor has the 50 points I won for 29 ways.

Last edited by secretalcoholic; Oct 15, 2018 at 5:46 am
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:51 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
​​Agreed - I very seriously doubt that this particular component is restricted to the 29 game days. I would wager a fair amount that it will be a sweep for the entire promo period, just as the 1000 per brand promotion will be.

Stayed at 11 brands? Get 20K next winter (summer Down Under).
Had to call SPG / Marriott and asked about this new promotion. Was told
  • it is a one time bonus of 10.000 points after hitting 10 brands (incl. the one of the first stay)
  • the promo runs till Januar 31, 2019
Old Oct 15, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by matravelguy

It's been posted a few times that the last time Marriott ran a brand promo, those points posted at the end of the promo. So I'm going to guess you got the Plat gift and the 2 night bonus. Isn't it great the way Marriott can't break down the points in the "EXTRA" category?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Because if everyone feels this way, no one will play and the handful that do will have a huge chance of winning .

Seriously, though, I totally agree with you.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
When I try and register I get an error....

A Note About This Promotion

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:
  • You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
  • You are not eligible for this promotion
  • This promotion has expired
Having this issue as well... and had it on the last couple megabonuses this year too.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:12 pm

I'm going to partially blame the convoluted nature of these multiple overlapping promos/games and partially on me:

So for the portion of the bonus that is the 1,000 points per brand (starting with the 2nd brand), does that have to be a PAID stay as well (it is clear that this is a requirement for the 2,000 point bonus on two night PAID stays)?
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by woodje12
I'm going to partially blame the convoluted nature of these multiple overlapping promos/games and partially on me:

So for the portion of the bonus that is the 1,000 points per brand (starting with the 2nd brand), does that have to be a PAID stay as well (it is clear that this is a requirement for the 2,000 point bonus on two night PAID stays)?
I can't think of any past promos where non-cash-paid stays "triggered" the earning of any bonus points in a promo...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
Had to call SPG / Marriott and asked about this new promotion. Was told
  • it is a one time bonus of 10.000 points after hitting 10 brands (incl. the one of the first stay)
  • the promo runs till Januar 31, 2019
I stand by the assumption that those 10K won't post until next year, rather than at the time of the 10th stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.