Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hôtel de Berri, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris (Master Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hôtel de Berri, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Paris (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
The LP rate had a 4th night free, American Breakfast and $100 in incidentals. None of that was noted and it took the front desk agents a few minutes and digging around to confirm this.

For breakfast, I was charged everyday for random stuff ranging from 6 euros to 70 euros totaling 200 euros. There were obviously confused on what to charge and never handed me a bill to sign. Also, the menu in the room showed the American breakfast included sausage, bacon or ham however in the bar area there was no mention of this and was not offered. On the last day my wife ordered sausage with her eggs benedict which is when I was finally handed a bill for those two charges (and told this egg dish was excluded).
It sounds as if either staff aren't trained or management hasn't been attentive enough to ensure systems work as intended.

On the gym, it should be noted that CMG does not open until 7 am. That was not an issue for me since I was on vacation however if I was here for work I usually like to work out at 5 am.
Not disclosing the closure of the gym and spa on the website or at booking is an issue for me, especially with no apparent rate reduction.

Also, we did not try the restaurant but on all 5 nights (Monday it was closed) it was empty except for one or two tables. I couldn't find a door within the hotel to reach the restaurant but I'm sure there was. The bar area was a little more happening with 3 or 4 tables occupied each night. This is a very trendy "Instagram" worthy type hotel.
Were there other guests at the hotel or did it seem quiet?

It sounds as if this is another example of a hotel failing to promote its restaurant, especially if it was halfway decent. I'm always amazed at the number of hotels with decent restaurants that don't train front desk staff to proactively offer to make reservations for dinner at the in-house restaurant. It's such an easy soft-sell to generate highly profitable revenue.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Pro, Marriott Platinum, Sonesta Preferred
So I just took the plunge to book 2 nights at this hotel on points and applied my SNA. Yes, I am going to propose to my GF that wked. Should I stick with Hotel de Berri? Or should I switch to Prince de Galles? Which one is more romantic? I booked Hotel de Berri because she is an art enthusiast and the rooms look so, shall I say, "artsy". (Disclaimer: I know nothing about art). And since there are more suite than standard room, I think my chance of getting a suite with the SNA is pretty high.

So, what do you guys think?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:50 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by NJFlyer_HOHO
So I just took the plunge to book 2 nights at this hotel on points and applied my SNA. Yes, I am going to propose to my GF that wked. Should I stick with Hotel de Berri? Or should I switch to Prince de Galles? Which one is more romantic? I booked Hotel de Berri because she is an art enthusiast and the rooms look so, shall I say, "artsy". (Disclaimer: I know nothing about art). And since there are more suite than standard room, I think my chance of getting a suite with the SNA is pretty high.

Prince de Galles. It's the established and consistent luxury hotel with a legacy of wonderful service and elite recognition. Tell them its for your proposal. If they can do something they will!
dgreen12, damon88 and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by bhrubin
Prince de Galles. It's the established and consistent luxury hotel with a legacy of wonderful service and elite recognition.
For an engagement, I 100% agree.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Third the motion Prince de Galles.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I think either will be great, once you let the hotel in on your occasion. The fact that you are making this effort matters a lot. Congratulations! (I hope she is not on FT?)
Old Apr 6, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
PDG is one of our favorites in Starwood (Marriott) system... Aside from breakfast.

It is luxurious and has luxurious, understanding service. For an engagement, work with them. I don't know anything about Berri, but I would trust PDG to do things right.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:25 pm

Haha! She is not a FTer. In fact, she doesn't know much about miles and points. That's why I love her!
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:26 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I definitely have some thinking to do.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Thanks for all the suggestions. I definitely have some thinking to do.
You could always play each property off each other and see which one will commit to something, be it an upgrade or offer a romance package.

The Renaissance Republique has excellent concierge and guest relations staff, who have competently handled these sorts of special arrangements. That's another idea, although the Prince de Galles, Luxury Collection should be just as good in this regard. I'm happy to provide the general manager's information for the Renaissance.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 6:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I wish NJFlyer the utmost congratulations on his upcoming engagement (), but can we keep this thread focused on the actual property & reports on the property? The discussion of which would be better for the engagement should go in the Paris family thread.

Cheers.
NJFlyer_HOHO likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:47 am

Just got around to sharing my impressions from my New Year’s Eve stay in the Berri Suite (suite 9): https://princeoftravel.com/blog/revi...de-berri-paris
NJFlyer_HOHO likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by flyer05
Just got around to sharing my impressions from my New Year’s Eve stay in the Berri Suite (suite 9): https://princeoftravel.com/blog/revi...de-berri-paris
Thanks for the trip report & pics.! Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by flyer05
Wow. Nice review. I am sold! Not changing my choice. I will be staying there in less than 2 weeks.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Looks very dark with low ceilings. Is there no natural light? Also looks more like a junior suite than a true suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.