Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Does the web site show annual spend?

Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold

First of all, my apologies if this has been asked and answered - I would imagine it has - but my search skills seems to be lacking today...

Does the web site show annual spend somewhere? I would imagine that I very easily spend $20000 a year, but it would still be nice to see how they count. I would imagine taxes don't count etc...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Go to your account overview page and scroll down. I'm not sure it is right at the moment, but it is there.

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:16 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
The website appears to stop at $20,000, whereas the SPG App counts spend above it (not that it's used for anything).
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
The website appears to stop at $20,000, whereas the SPG App counts spend above it (not that it's used for anything).
I dont see spend at all on my app. A few weeks ago it showed $0, which was incorrect. Its now no longer showing me a spend field at all.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by LPCJr

I dont see spend at all on my app. A few weeks ago it showed $0, which was incorrect. Its now no longer showing me a spend field at all.
Just checked now, my spend is still showing on the app and seems to be going up with spend, so could even be accurate.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA

Look directly under "Nights This Year" on the app.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Just checked now, my spend is still showing on the app and seems to be going up with spend, so could even be accurate.
Doesn't matter since I won't make 100 nights, but my spend still says $0. Hopefully they're tracking behind the scenes for the people where it does matter.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott LTT, Amtrak Select, Hertz 5*, AA Gold, IHG Plat, National Exec

Originally Posted by txpenny
Look directly under "Nights This Year" on the app.
yes, that is where I looked. That field is literally not there any more.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

yes, that is where I looked. That field is literally not there any more.
Same for me - that field doesn't exist.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
If you have "nights to Platinum Premiere Elite", that implies you are not Platinum Premiere Elite yet. Spend is relevant to reaching the next level after reaching PPE.

I suspect that once you reach PPE, the spend will show.

(53 nights and 47 to PPE doesn't look right though - PPE is at 75 nights, no?)

EDIT: Well, though the above implication seemed to be true, perhaps not in Marriott Account combination-land . I'm PPE and the apps show (100-actual) nights to PPE, with no spend listed. The website, however, does show spend and "Next Up: Ambassador Service".

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 6, 2018 at 3:11 pm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CPRich

EDIT: Well, though the above implication seemed to be true, perhaps not in Marriott Account combination-land . I'm PPE and the apps show (100-actual) nights to PPE, with no spend listed. The website, however, does show spend and "Next Up: Ambassador Service".
Yep, this feature/counter is a bit of a mess. Seems to be all over the place. I'm PPE. On the app, I see the correct number of nights to Ambassador, but spend is $0 (actually shows I need $20k to Ambassador). On the site, spend doesn't even show up.

Also, I noticed that while my stay last week posted the nights, it hasn't posted points. So as I get close to LT Plat, it all shows correctly, but no points...minor issues, but they ultimately have to get this stuff cleaned up.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
If you have "nights to Platinum Premiere Elite", that implies you are not Platinum Premiere Elite yet. Spend is relevant to reaching the next level after reaching PPE.

I suspect that once you reach PPE, the spend will show.

(53 nights and 47 to PPE doesn't look right though - PPE is at 75 nights, no?)

yes, I am LT PPE, which is why the number of nights doesnt match up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.