Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Points Missing (Post-Merger) - General Discussion

Points Missing (Post-Merger) - General Discussion

Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Have you pinged the Starwood Lurker yet?
I was under the assumption getting in touch with the Starwood lurkers was only for issues arising Post-August 18th. Anything screwed up from the mergers would not be dealt by them? Am I not correct?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
nah, i'd ping lurker. they can help, and there's no reason for you to wait any longer. send a note, follow with account info.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: Marriott LTP
Perhaps consider escalating this to the Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA)? I was provided this recourse when I reached out to Marriott management regarding my account (which was being similarly impacted)...

Should you like, I can send your email to our Office of Consumer Affairs (OCA) for further handling. For OCA to contact you, please provide your email address and/or telephone number. I will then provide your contact information, along with the comments above, to OCA and a representative will contact you as soon as they are able.

However, should you require immediate assistance or would prefer to contact OCA directly, you may call them at (800) 621-0999 or email them at [email protected].
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Data point: Like the OP, I have not combined my accounts yet, but my point balance is correct, showing 3x my previous SPG point balance.

In fact, my SPG points showed correctly as tripled on August 19, 2018. I didn't do any point transfer shenanigans or anything prior to August 18.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Data point: Like the OP, I have not combined my accounts yet, but my point balance is correct, showing 3x my previous SPG point balance.

In fact, my SPG points showed correctly as tripled on August 19, 2018. I didn't do any point transfer shenanigans or anything prior to August 18.
Yea, I have had a bunch of incompetent CSR's tell me the reason my account balance is incorrect is because I haven't combined accounts. I'm not combining anything until this is resolved. Coming up on 4 weeks. The level of incompetence is just jaw-dropping. I cant understand how heads aren't rolling....
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson
Originally Posted by bruinfever
Yea, I have had a bunch of incompetent CSR's tell me the reason my account balance is incorrect is because I haven't combined accounts. I'm not combining anything until this is resolved. Coming up on 4 weeks. The level of incompetence is just jaw-dropping. I cant understand how heads aren't rolling....
I wonder if there are others here in a similar situation as you, including the "high" number of points.
For my situation, I was nowhere near as you in the point totals, but at least now you have another data point.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
What if all this worrying you are doing could be rectified by simply combining? Just an FYI, before completing the combining, the system provides the pertinent information related to the accounts to be combined so you would theoretically be able to see if the points are there prior to finalizing combining accounts. If you didn't like what you see, then you could back out of the combining.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
I don't know if this is still an issue, but at least initially the account combining summary (the one shown before clicking to finalize) reflected lifetime nights in each program as only 2018 nights. However, upon completing the combining process a few seconds later, the true (well, truer) total was correct. I'm not sure what you think you have to fear by combining and seeing what happens with your points total? That whole "until this is fixed" stance is just stubborn, frankly, and it seems more than a little silly that you opened this thread already entertaining thoughts of lawyering up, but you haven't yet taken the step of a few mouse clicks that may (or admittedly may not) make the whole problem go away in literally a matter of seconds.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
That whole "until this is fixed" stance is just stubborn, frankly, and it seems more than a little silly that you opened this thread already entertaining thoughts of lawyering up, but you haven't yet taken the step of a few mouse clicks that may (or admittedly may not) make the whole problem go away in literally a matter of seconds.
When I attempted to combine the accounts it showed me the total of both accounts which equaled 181K in points, which is what I have in my Marriott account. If it confirms what I will have (and still doesn't account for the missing 3.3 million points) why would I click OK and make a situation that is already broken into a more complicated situation? Clearly the incompetence on their part is already enormous. You want me to further complicate it for them?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
When I attempted to combine the accounts it showed me the total of both accounts which equaled 181K in points, which is what I have in my Marriott account. If it confirms what I will have (and still doesn't account for the missing 3.3 million points) why would I click OK and make a situation that is already broken into a more complicated situation? Clearly the incompetence on their part is already enormous. You want me to further complicate it for them?
My point was that the LT nights summary also was off by a huge number for most folks (all but those who only had accounts dating back to Jan 1, 2018) -- yet that was just an artifact of poor front-end coding that went poof upon completing the process. It's not as though someone went and wrote a script whose purpose is to go in and somehow permanently delete historical records as part of the combining process.

I just think it's silly to be talking lawyers when you haven't taken a potentially remediating step that involves a small handful of mouse clicks. It seems as though you must have a lot of spare time and cash on your hands.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Just try combining. It might fix things. It can't get worse for you - you've already lost 1.1 million points anyway

I always find Americans threat of lawyering up amusing. Does it ever work?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:25 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I always find Americans threat of lawyering up amusing. Does it ever work?
It's a freakin' epidemic; just look at corporate insurance premiums
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
... and considering his is the first I've seen- despite all the other troubles the IT merge has wrought- of completely missing points, especially this late on (as of today the issues I'd had are all resolved), I'm suspecting we've got a PEBKAC situation going on here.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
My point was that the LT nights summary also was off by a huge number for most folks (all but those who only had accounts dating back to Jan 1, 2018) -- yet that was just an artifact of poor front-end coding that went poof upon completing the process.
This was exactly my experience. I'd give it a go.
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
This was exactly my experience. I'd give it a go.
Combined accounts. After I confirmed it said Merge Failed but it ended up combining anyways. No change on points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.