Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Unable to Book SPG Hotels From Marriott Site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a known issue for anyone who retained their Marriott number that begins with 0 (zero). Marriott is working on the problem. No date has been given for it to be solved.
Print Wikipost

Unable to Book SPG Hotels From Marriott Site

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:26 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by controller1
I am using Safari and am having no issues in making reservations.
I had the same problem on Firefox and Chrome.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just checked, hoping I was no longer an outlier. Sadly, I still am. On attempting to book a Starwood property online, I got the same message as before:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.

On the good news front, I successfully booked a Starwood property on my phone. Assuming I can repeat that success, it's a step forward.

I have a merged account.
Unfortunately I want to book an ex-SPG hotel using points in my Marriott account and get the same error as others. I've tried using the App work-around but I get the message that the award stay would be completely non-refundable, whereas the SPG website has the standard 24-hours in advance cancellation policy. It is a ski resort property so I would rather book via the web and screenshot the cancellation policy!

I suppose I should call before award space is gone. But I have better things to do than wait on hold for hours...
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My original Marriott number from the year that the program began.
In this case it debunked my theory about the newly created Marriott (old SPG) accounts have issues when the system thinks their SPG numbers are not valid.

But you kept the Marriott account and still have the same issue. Can't think up another possible cause.

I am really scared to combine my accounts now.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had the same problem on Firefox and Chrome.
Have you tried either Private Browsing in Firefox or Incognito in Chrome?

I had issues unable to log in either accounts 10 or more days ago but using Incognito worked. A few days later things went back to normal.

Both my Marriott and SPG accounts use the same email address but different passwords (thank goodness for that!) with only one extra digit on the Marriott password. System seems to be able to differentiate it. If I used Marriott credential, even if I started on SPG site, it would give me Marriott information, and vice versa. The "logo" is just a layer on the screen, does not really mean anything but at first I was totally thrown off when I saw completely different info than expected.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Unfortunately I want to book an ex-SPG hotel using points in my Marriott account and get the same error as others. I've tried using the App work-around but I get the message that the award stay would be completely non-refundable, whereas the SPG website has the standard 24-hours in advance cancellation policy. It is a ski resort property so I would rather book via the web and screenshot the cancellation policy!

I suppose I should call before award space is gone. But I have better things to do than wait on hold for hours...
I got the same cancellation policy message (along with a hefty looking copay of some kind), but now that I've actually made my reservation the standard 7 day cancellation policy appears, and my reservation is for the correct number of points with no surcharges. I phoned into SPG and they see the correct info on their end.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I'm having the same issue, which I was able to circumvent by booking through the app.

Still, very poor from Marriott and doesn't really entice me to come back from my current Hilton exile.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Same problem others report here
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
Same problem others report here which I reported in another thread
Old Sep 28, 2018, 4:36 pm

I heard from Marriott Customer Support that there is a known issue where online booking of SPG properties is broken for everyone with a post-merger MR number starting with 0 - and that they expect it will be fixed in December.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Problem reaolved for me by booking through the Marriott App. For people that merged accounts, The tech support guy told me not to use the SPG app at all.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by mjt49
I heard from Marriott Customer Support that there is a known issue where online booking of SPG properties is broken for everyone with a post-merger MR number starting with 0 - and that they expect it will be fixed in December.
It makes one wonder if they did any testing at all.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by mjt49
in December? Good riddance. I am not looking forward to seeing the next financial results from Marriott given how freaking difficult they make it to book their properties.
RafKa likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
I haven't combined accounts yet. I was planning to merge my new account from SPG into my old Marriott account, but the old Marriott account starts with a zero. Should I merge the old Marriott account into the new account converted from SPG instead?
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:33 pm

When I merge I think I will use my SPG account. I have made/cancelled reservations on that account and it always seem to be a step ahead compared to my MAR account. SPG is posting accurately when I make a booking or cancel with quick turnaround for points going back into my account. As for MAR it is a constant waiting game!
Old Oct 2, 2018, 1:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Now when I attempt to make an award booking for a Starwood property, I get the following notice:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.
I've been getting the same message the last few days, on the chromebook, trying to book the Westin in Leipzig with my Marriott # (never had an SPG number). There's an 83 euro SPG member rate for my December dates and I can't complete the booking due to the error message. Tried on the android app and lowest rate is 87 euros there (20% off sale). Did not try to complete the booking on the app for 87 euros as I'd prefer the lower 83 euro rate.

Called Marriott today and was transferred, I assume, to someone on the SPG side. The lowest rate he could see on their reservations system was 119 euros. He went to the web and was able to see the 87 euro rate there, but not the 83 euro rate as he was not logged in as a Marriott/SPG member.

I'll give it a few more days and see if anything changes, but suspect I'll have to pay the 87 euro rate if I want to stay here, assuming the android app will let me complete that booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.