Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Unable to Book SPG Hotels From Marriott Site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
This is a known issue for anyone who retained their Marriott number that begins with 0 (zero). Marriott is working on the problem. No date has been given for it to be solved.
Print Wikipost

Unable to Book SPG Hotels From Marriott Site

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2018, 10:14 am
Community Director Emerita

I have deleted the SPG app from my phone. Still, I have the issues listed above. The only way I can book a Starwood property is to do so when not logged into my account. Then I have to call to have my Marriott number added to the booking. And that takes most of an hour on hold while waiting for an agent.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: ANA Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards, SPG
I am having a similar issue - I can't find a way to apply Suite Night Awards to Starwood reservations. Oddly enough I can apply them to Marriott ones without issue (despite only having ever had a Starwood account). The Platinum Concierge number had over a 1/2 hour wait. Has anyone had any success in doing this lately, and if so what is the 'trick' to it?
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Having no problem booking SPG hotels online. I log in to my MR acct, pick an SPG property, I get redirected to the SPG website and book with pts. Did two last week.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:27 am
Suspended

Still unable booking SPG hotels at marriott.com...

Please Try Again

Due to the amount of time this page has been inactive, we cannot complete this reservation. We ask, for security reasons, that you begin the reservation process again.

When is this going to end, Mr.Marriott?
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just received the same error when trying to book a Sheraton on my desktop. I was able to complete the booking on the app. I have combined accounts.

Last edited by tc fly girl; Sep 14, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by tc fly girl
Just received the same error when trying to book a Sheraton on my desktop. I was able to complete the booking on the app.
Same issue here. I was able to book on the app; however, I didn't write down the reservation number at the success screen, and now I don't see this reservation on my app or website, and have no email. Ugh.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:49 am

Data point: I've *NOT* merged my accounts and am able to make SPG reservations, although it kicks me over to the SPG site even though I'm logged into Marriott.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by philemer
Having no problem booking SPG hotels online. I log in to my MR acct, pick an SPG property, I get redirected to the SPG website and book with pts. Did two last week.
I have the same experiences when I book 4 SPG properties the past few days using the Computer, not App.

I have not combined my accounts yet. My Marriott account has higher status than SPG account, I also want to keep all the reservations in one single place so I booked SPG from Marriott account. Yes, it directed me to SPG booking engine to book, and have to have enough pts to pay for it, no point advance feature that is available to Marriott properties. But it seems to work most of the time except it would crash if you are browsing too long. Also you have to use back arrow to go back to your Marriott account page. No clickable tab on the SPG booking engine.

While we are at it, on Marriott site I cannot change the date of an SPG booking. The Change tab is there but not responsive. Had to do a cancellation and rebook instead.

Oh, the View Availability with Flexible Dates also not functioning on SPG properties despite the button is shown online.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by KRSW
Data point: I've *NOT* merged my accounts and am able to make SPG reservations, although it kicks me over to the SPG site even though I'm logged into Marriott.
Yes, thank goodness for that!
Old Sep 14, 2018, 1:04 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I merged accounts early, and I can book both legacy Marriott and SPG properties without issue.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 2:36 pm

I just checked, hoping I was no longer an outlier. Sadly, I still am. On attempting to book a Starwood property online, I got the same message as before:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.

On the good news front, I successfully booked a Starwood property on my phone. Assuming I can repeat that success, it's a step forward.

I have a merged account.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I just checked, hoping I was no longer an outlier. Sadly, I still am. On attempting to book a Starwood property online, I got the same message as before:

We're unable to locate this Starwood Preferred Guest® account, or you have entered an invalid SPG number. Please re-enter or remove your SPG number, check that the last name you have entered below matches the name on the account, or contact us for assistance.

On the good news front, I successfully booked a Starwood property on my phone. Assuming I can repeat that success, it's a step forward.

I have a merged account.
Did you keep the old Marriott number or the new Marriott number assigned to SPG account? I start to think there may be some implication on WHICH account you chose to keep.

Because some merged accounts are not having any issue while some do, it would help if more details are given on the Merged Accounts what the final account is. Then those of us who have not merged accounts yet may be able to see a pattern thus could choose our path carefully.
Old Sep 14, 2018, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I merged accounts early, and I can book both legacy Marriott and SPG properties without issue.
Which account you ended up keeping? The Old Marriott or the New Marriott (Old SPG)? I start to think those who chose to keep their SPG accounts now have new numbers, might be those merged accounts that have issues, as one of the problems is the system keeps saying the SPG account does not exist - probably because the system is unable to recognize the New number assigned to the Old SPG account.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Did you keep the old Marriott number or the new Marriott number assigned to SPG account?
My original Marriott number from the year that the program began.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:04 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Being unable to book SPG hotels from the Marriott site must be extremely frustrating.

Fortunately, I don't have that problem. I've merged my accounts and kept my original Marriott number as I didn't want my new SPG number. Everything is functioning with the exception of one reservation is not being shown and I continue to receive a message at the top of the page indicating such.

Has everyone tried different browsers? I am using Safari and am having no issues in making reservations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.